Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BLINK 182 -Summer 2011

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,686 ✭✭✭bren2001

Mr.S wrote: »
    The thing about NME is that they are a publication, they would generally check these things (hopefully).

Would not be surprised if Blink where headliners, sure they headlined Reading/Leeds which is bigger then Oxegen?

I think they are big enough to headline Oxegen, I just don't think they are headlining. I think Oxegen would have announced them as a headline act, instead they said "they have joined the bill".

I'd prefer them not to headline so another big act can be announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Mr.S wrote: »
    Isn't the tagline for Oxegen something along the lines of 'Rock n Roll Weekend'?

I know what you mean though. I'm just saying theres a big chance Blink are headliners. Sure they would draw in the punters etc.

I would hope so.
    40 minutes means 5 new songs and like 3 old songs. A headline act (on any stage) would be at least an hour 20 minutes.

CMpunked wrote: »
    I would hope so.
    40 minutes means 5 new songs and like 3 old songs. A headline act (on any stage) would be at least an hour 20 minutes.

It isnt always the case that the headline act gets the longest set, in 2007 Arcade Fire had a ridiculously long set, longer than the Killers that night. Second last usually gets just over an hour and the main act gets about 90 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

I hope they don't play at Oxegen. Marley Park would be EPIC! :D

Pocketfizz wrote: »
    I hope they don't play at Oxegen. Marley Park would be EPIC! :D

Considering they have been announced I'd find it highly unlikely they will cancel and call a MP gig :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

ID say Blink will be on 2nd last , or could be co-headlining since we seem to get 4 Headline acts recently . When they played Pukkelpop they got just over and hour set and were not headlining. Usually the 2nd last act gets at least an hour

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

out of all this, i am most happy that mcd and oxegen are spelling it with the lower case b.
    to me, its all the small things. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

I would hope so.

The second last band on main stage would have a lot longer than 40 minutes, Kasabian played 15 songs this year, which is only 2 less than their headline set at T.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭mark182

out of all this, i am most happy that mcd and oxegen are spelling it with the lower case b.
    to me, its all the small things. :P
    Respect

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

still aint happy :rolleyes::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Tenks

I actually can't wait now. Normally I wouldnt have much interest in Oxegen, especially after last year but I'm really looking forward to it. Three of my favourite bands announced already along with Paolo Nutini who has some good tunes.

I'd never forgive myself if I missed the chance of seeing blink again.

Advertisement