Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What was it the Taoiseach said yesterday?

Options
  • 23-11-2010 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭

The last punchline he said
    I'm the democratically elected leader of this party and I'm Taoiseach of this country, he said defiantly.

Right, since this is a supposedly a fair democratic society, when did we the Irish people vote for Brian Cowen to be Taoiseach? - I don't recall going to the polls to vote for him....We had no say in it what-so-ever since Bertie Ahern handed over the position to him....is that democracy?

Err.... what's your opinion on this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭RichardAnd

t0mm13b wrote: »
    The last punchline he said

Right, since this is a supposedly a fair democratic society, when did we the Irish people vote for Brian Cowen to be Taoiseach? - I don't recall going to the polls to vote for him....We had no say in it what-so-ever since Bertie Ahern handed over the position to him....is that democracy?

Err.... what's your opinion on this?

My opinion is that the IMF and ECB are here, our finances are in ruins and it's possible that the world is on the cusp of what posterity will judge as the second "great Depression". Hence, I think there are other things to think about that what Cowen has to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

Technically we don't vote for Taoiseachs. Technically Cowen is the democratically elected leader of FF and Taoiseach. Everything he said is correct.

Advertisement