Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Council housing

• 23-11-2010 10:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭

thanks for answers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭LadyE

What is your problem exactly? That you're being forced to move into a 6 bedroomed house??:eek:

You were offered 2 hourses, either one good enough so why complain that you are being taken off the list.

What do you want a grant for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭jjll

doing the place up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

A three bed house is more than enough for a family with 4 kids, two share a room and one get their own room...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

jjll wrote: »
    the council made us an offer of a 3 bed house and i got 4 kids told them it was not acceptable as we need a 4 bed house .they said it was an acceptable offer really annoyed so that was our first offer then we were asked to join the rental accomadation scheme i said yes then 2 weeks later got a offer of a 6 bed house gone from a 3 bed to 6 bed was told had to take it or off the council list sorry was long story but i yhought there was 3 offers ??? anyway been more or less forced to take 6 bed housedoes anyone know if i will get money off council to move or a grant ??? i asked but the woman oooooooooooohhhhhhhheedd and aaaaaaahhh and said will look into it

You are joking yea

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Are the houses not livable ?
    I can understand how a 3 bed maybe a bit cramped if it was 3 sons and a daughter or vice versa and a room wasn't big enough for them.
    A 6 bed seems an amazing offer to make you though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

this is the reason the country has gone to sh*t.

Somebody who doesnt have their own means to provide accomadation for themselves gets offered a 3bed house and refuses it as too small.

Sorry OP but your an absolute disgrace. Your on welfare having money spent on your by a state that is bankrupt and you have the audacity to refuse to have your children share a room.

Advertisement