Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Glasses... they change perspective

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Belongs here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

OisinT wrote: »
    Belongs here.
    Are you sure? It's not just about the picture though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

What else is it about then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sarah88

ha i think this could be true for some cases, the li'l cartoons makes it look very convincing, i'd like to test the theory though:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Hmm, how to say this without sounding really dumb.
    Is the videos and pictures thread not just for showing people videos and pictures, whereas I'm asking the question do glasses change peoples perceived personality while using the picture as an example.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

they do all right. I go from vertical to horizontal if I wear them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Is the videos and pictures thread not just for showing people videos and pictures, whereas I'm asking the question do glasses change peoples perceived personality while using the picture as an example.
    Yeah, I think people do look more clever with glasses on.

I haaaate wearing mine in public though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Being shortsighted myself, I've noticed that things are bigger with my glasses off then on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

I agree. I see this as a legitimate topic for After Hours. The picture was clearly just used to illustrate your point and, at the same time, inject a little humour.
    But, ultimately, you're at the mercy of the whims of the moderators.
    I wish you good luck in your quest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

It's quite funny how "Hey Speccy Four Eyes - You're a f*cking f*ggot ya f*cking googley-eyed w*nker" on the street turns into, "Sorry to bother you John, but I wonder could you help me? There's something wrong with my computer." at work.

So, yes, glasses make people look smarter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,550 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

I look like a paedophile when I wear glasses, when I don't they never suspect a thing... :cool:

Advertisement