Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How Many Rented Houses/Holiday homes are There?

Options
  • 23-11-2010 11:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

I am working on an idea and I am trying to research on the following...

*How many residendial properties are there in Ireland?
    *Is there a register of landlords?
    *How many homes/holiday homes are owned by non residents?
    *Is there a register of owners of Irish holiday homes?

Thanks for your help if you can help with one or more of my questions!:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,388 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Probably in the order of 1.5m plus vacancies. Look at Census 2006 and add a bit. Note that not everyone lives in a residence, e.g. college dorms, hospitals, prison, etc.
    *Is there a register of landlords?
    www.prtb.ie the list gives the rented properties, not the landlords. Not all of those address are individual residences, e.g. some college residences have a single entry, but may comprise of dozens of apartments, each with several rooms. It does however list hte number of bed spaces (useful for you?). Be careful of falling foul of the Data Protection Act.
    *How many homes/holiday homes are owned by non residents?
    Do you mean people living abroad? Probably impossible to determine accurately.
    *Is there a register of owners of Irish holiday homes?
    NPPR includes all "second" properties, deduct the PRTB list from it. However, it isn't be public. www.nppr.ie The various tourist organisations would have information on properties available for rent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Newbedshop.com - Authorised Merchant

I have to say i am very impressed with your reply Victor, It really helps. You are an absolute mine of information!!!!!!! :):):):)
    If anybody has anything to ad, it is very much appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Newbedshop.com - Authorised Merchant

I am working on an idea and I am trying to research on the following...

I meant to say how many residences were rented out in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 78,388 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I meant to say how many residences were rented out in Ireland
    Count the number of places in the PRTB register and adjust for things like student residencies.

Advertisement