Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Louth on film..

Options
  • 24-11-2010 12:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭

Louth has been the choice of many film/television programme makers as a location for their shoot, the most memorable in my mind is Cal, filmed in Drogheda in 1984
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWaVwOv-2XA&feature=BF&list=PL55C4DB82C154DA39&index=1

Some recent television series such as RTE's Love is the Drug were also filmed here.

What else has been shot on location in the locality..?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Mr. Muddle

The Crying Game was shot in Laytown, Co. Meath. Was Braveheart filmed somewhere near Navan?

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Jake The Fat Ma

Louth on film, not meath

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Mr. Muddle

Yep I know they were not in Louth but there were a good few Drogheda people in them. I know that the crying game got a load of extras from the cellars bar in Drogheda.

There is a tv production company working from Drogheda, one programme of Style Wars was filmed in Scotch Hall earlier this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭kbell

They recruited extras for braveheart down in the Drogheda town centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Here's a few

Bill, for Short (2008)
    140 (2009)
    Slán agus Beannacht (2009)
    Véronique (2010)
    Rapunzel, the blonde years (2008)

Quite possibly some of the extras were from Meath hope that's ok? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Trafford Lad

I think they filmed the interior scenes in Jabba's palace from Return of the Jedi in the Central bar down at the bottom of Peter St!

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Jake The Fat Ma

kbell wrote: »
    They recruited extras for braveheart down in the Drogheda town centre.
    The FCA done most of the extra work in Braveheart

Yes but They recruited for extras down in the Drogheda town centre too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

There was a film shot in Dundalk last year,cant remember the name of it but i do remember it was pouring with rain in Clanbrassil St. even though the skys above were cloudless.:)
    Anyone know the name of the film???

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭YipYipU

Mr. Muddle wrote: »
    The Crying Game was shot in Laytown, Co. Meath. Was Braveheart filmed somewhere near Navan?

Some of Braveheart was filmed at Trim Castle in Meath.

• Advertisement

Drogheda punk/pop band "The keds" filmed a promo video for their single "The Jury" in the court house in Dundalk a few years back.
    I'm trying to locate it at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

YipYipU wrote: »
    Some of Braveheart was filmed at Trim Castle in Meath.

This - my uncle was in the same frame as Mel for a split second in a really wide shot. Proudest moment of his life :p

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Geezer1000

The Blue Max was filmed over Drogheda & Platin

Advertisement