Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I'm getting outta here!

• 24-11-2010 12:20am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭

Well Folks, as some of you know, the missus and I are leaving Ireland (in about 3 weeks).

I have to say if it wasn't for boards.ie and more specifically you good people in the photography forums, my time in Ireland would have never been as amazing ans it has been.
    I have stayed over night at a castle, as part of the boards Charleville trip. This year I got to be part of the Boards.ie Photobook. I have had the opportunity to shoot some amazingly expired 120 film (thanks Elven, Pull&Bang, and KH). I have traveled to areas of Ireland I never would have thought existed. Thanks to the recommendations and organization of any number of you. I have been able to borrow equipment that was not in my budget (at the time to buy) from at least one of you (Buzz). Who loaned it to me knowing it would be leaving the the country on 2 occasions.

I have met some amazing photographers and good people. There are so many more of you who I have never met in person, but who have been happy to give advice or hand out criticism when needed.

For all this and all the things and people I am forgetting,
    Thank You,
    SlidingInfinity

All that said, leaving the country doesn't mean leaving boards. I will be around just I will be here 7-9 hours later.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

I have had the opportunity to shoot some amazingly expired 120 film (thanks Elven, Pull&Bang, and KH).

Don't forget my print before you go........:)

And the best of luck to both of you back home. It was a pleasure knowing you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Slidinginfinity

Don't forget my print before you go........:)

And the best of luck to both of you back home. It was a pleasure knowing you!

Haven't shot a roll of it yet. You will get a print when I do no matter where I am living. :)
    I would be willing to bet Steve at 360DPI could print and mount a digital file sent from the States. :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Seattle photowalk anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Kazujo

It was great to have met you in person a few times and thanks for the free Fuji film :D

Take care and best of luck with the move home.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

7-9 hours later... sounds about my time of the day! :)

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

I'm 9 - 11 hours ahead of you, so I can talk to you from tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

5203491745_ac053ecf1a.jpg
    DSC_3919 (13)-2 by pixbyjohn, on Flickr

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭ellieswellies

humberklog wrote: »
    Seattle photowalk anyone?
    I'm moving there!! When's the photowalk? ;)

I'm moving there!! When's the photowalk? ;)

I think between you, me and Sprinkles (in Vancouver, B.C.) we should arrange something. After we are all there, of course. :D

I think between you, me and Sprinkles (in Vancouver, B.C.) we should arrange something. After we are all there, of course. :D
    Contingent on me not having any visa issues I'll be out there in a few weeks...I can't freaking wait to hit up the Olympic National Park!

• Advertisement

Contingent on me not having any visa issues I'll be out there in a few weeks...I can't freaking wait to hit up the Olympic National Park!

My Mum has a cabin out that way. Have always loved that area.
    A photo walk out there could take several days and involve camping. :) I like camping. Well the easy kind with a car full of food and stuff. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Awhhhhhhhhh..... :)

Good luck to you in your travels.....

Don't be a stranger around these parts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

If you need to unload some unicare film, I'd be happy to see you again, before you go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

:(

But but but!
    Only just got to know you!

Ah well - t was lovely meeting you on those few occasions, pity the flu get the worst of you at the launch... All the best to you and Mrs. SD, take care and don't be a stranger on here!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Aww I missed Charleville this year so had hoped I'd catch you at it next year. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭xia

Does Seattle have something similar like Charlesville? ;)
    Like the idea of a photowalk there anyhow. Hope I really make it next year.

So hopefully see you again in person. And at least the world is smaller thanks to the likes of boards, Twitter, FB...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

Might see you in Seattle in the new year :)

xia wrote: »
    Does Seattle have something similar like Charlesville? ;)
    Like the idea of a photowalk there anyhow. Hope I really make it next year.

So hopefully see you again in person. And at least the world is smaller thanks to the likes of boards, Twitter, FB...

Well it might not be Charleville but we do have the Seattle Underground and they have Tours. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Good time to be getting out!

No reason you can't still add to the forum with some shots of your new home town :)

I still checked in when I was away for a month. I know that's short term, but it's always nice to see images from abroad on here too.

Best of luck.

My Mum has a cabin out that way. Have always loved that area.
    A photo walk out there could take several days and involve camping. :) I like camping. Well the easy kind with a car full of food and stuff. :D
    Jealous...I have a cabin obsession! Holla if you ever get the urge for pints and photographs! I've yet to find decent Guinness out there, but Alaskan winter ale should keep me going ;)

• Advertisement

Jealous...I have a cabin obsession! Holla if you ever get the urge for pints and photographs! I've yet to find decent Guinness out there, but Alaskan winter ale should keep me going ;)

Sadly, there is no decent Guinness in the States it's all made in Jamaica.

Luckily, there are hundreds for "micro-brews" to be had.

I tried the Guinness in Saint Louis, in an Irish bar. No idea where it was made but tasted just like the stuff here, you can get imported bottles out there too ;)

Micro-brewery's are great though :)

I tried the Guinness in Saint Louis, in an Irish bar. No idea where it was made but tasted just like the stuff here, you can get imported bottles out there too ;)

Micro-brewery's are great though :)

Never been to Saint Louis, but in Seattle if you get it on draft it's always the Jamaican stuff and half the time it's warm-ish. They generally don't have the right nitro mix and the hoses running from the keg to the tap are too long. Even bottles are from Jamica, sadly.

We have pike brewery though and they make a good double stout and a really good Scottish style ale, called Kilt Lifter. Great on a long winter night.

Much as I love my Guinness, can't stand it to be warm! In St. Louis, that one bar i did try it in at least, it was ice cold :) I'm sure you'll find it some place.

I envy you tbh, Seattle! Birthplace of Grunge! My favourite bands of all time hail from there - Alice in Chains, Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Soundgarden etc ...

Please take some cool shots of the area and up them :) Grittier the better ;)

I tried some micro-brew Stout and it wasn't half bad. They did a maple syrup version too, better to pass on that one, much as I love pancakes and syrup ...

The strongest beer they had was a honey beer that was 8.5%, and it was damn tasty! Had a few of those ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

It's a pity you're leaving Jeremy, it was great to meet you those couple of times in the shop! All the best for the future mate.

It's a pity you're leaving Jeremy, it was great to meet you those couple of times in the shop! All the best for the future mate.

Probably be seeing you at least one more time before I go. I have 6+ rolls finished from a recent trip to London. :)

Eh, are you not gone yet? For fecks sake. :P

Eh, are you not gone yet? For fecks sake. :P

Can't leave till I get a DVD player and go to that cheap Chinese place with you. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

Still can't believe your going :(

• Advertisement

Jemmy wrote: »
    Still can't believe your going :(

I know, I seems so sudden and like the time has past way too fast. :(

Gives you an excuse to visit the States and we are only a 4 hour flight to Hawaii from our place. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

so when is the drinky (going away) session ?

"So long, Ireland" drinks will be taking place at the Bull & Castle @ 5ish TODAY!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

think I missed the memo - I was working in any event !! .....will there be another "going away" drinks session ?...before you go ?....a kind of ...last hoorah !!

On a plane tomorrow 9am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭dave66

Have a safe and uneventful trip, it was a pleasure meeting you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭DK32

Safe trip home dude. Keep in touch :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Scarlett68

Hey JD,

We only met the once but it was a pleasure.....(and thanks for lugging that printer about:D)

So long and thanks for all the fish!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

Sorry I couldn't make the drinkies...

have a safe flight and keep posting here!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

safe home

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Take care my friend! Safe journey home to both of you.

• Advertisement

E8F60E48606C48A188F8B611B16C2945-0000333844-0002079369-00800L-2510DD16AE434E3EA13F3C4723E20969.jpg

Someone get me a hanky, I'm coming over all weepy. Good luck Jeremy. I can't think of anyone who could say a bad word about you. It's been an absolute pleasure knowing you. Best of luck to you, your missus and the cat!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Need your address to send on backing boards and tape...cheque to follow, promise Thanks for all your help JD it was much appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭dakar

Safe home JD and your queen B :)

Out of Ireland, but stuck in London. Three days on and we are not sure when we will get out. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

Best of luck Slidinginfinity and safe home !

Someone get me a hanky, I'm coming over all weepy. Good luck Jeremy. I can't think of anyone who could say a bad word about you. It's been an absolute pleasure knowing you. Best of luck to you, your missus and the cat!

The wife would L.O.V.E. a print of that. :)

Any chance I could get you to send me the full resolution when I am home?

The wife would L.O.V.E. a print of that. :)

Any chance I could get you to send me the full resolution when I am home?

Yeah of course sir, that's not a problem. Sure you're up on Pix in your full glory.

Just a quick update. Made it home to Seattle.

Left from London to Gatwick express at 2:45am on board plane at about 6:40 (plane left about an hour late) and on to Amsterdam. Arrived late ran though airport to get connection (barely made it) on to plane and it boarded about an hour late. Plane left Amsterdam about 1.5 hours late but made up all but about 15 minutes on the way to Portland, Oregon. Surprisingly had about an hour and a half to get on the plane (twin propeller) to Seattle. Flight left about a half hour late.

There was a bit more drama followed by some yell and screaming at the car hire desk (neither one of us was in in way capable of driving safely), but managed to sort it out.

Mom picked us up and took us home, order a salad and pizza. Then went to the shop to get some sodas and juice.

We ate and went to bed.

Thanks to everyone who made my time in Ireland so enjoyable.

Advertisement