Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

qualities of a good tattoo artist

Options
  • 24-11-2010 12:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭

hey all,

just wondering what it is that makes a good tattoo artist.

Obviously, 1st is how good an artist they are - how good they can replicate the image in ink etc.

But what else is there ?

Is there a quality to the fill in, that means ink will "bleed" less into other areas?

Is there an ability to tattoo with less swelling or somthing that means it will heal quicker or scar less in future ( not become raised etc ).

anything else ?

thanks

rob

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭hunter164

They listen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭inkivaari2

Sorry if this is too much of my opinion and not just facts based.

They call you by your name and they are willing to engage in a bit of chat during a session. I had my first tat done by a fella who never said more than 2 sentences to me between walking in and walking out. Never again. At least in Wildcat, when I had my shoulder done, Mark called me by my first name, was friendly, told me a bit of how he got into it while he was working on me, cracked a few jokes and was very clear on aftercare.

Being friendly is a big part of it for me, and probably many others.

As well as that, I am a bit of a stickler for being talked through things before anything happens, and I like to be told whats going to happen, the equipment etc, so I like that, and for me, its not just a tattoo thing, I'm the same in the dentists, when I'm thinking of getting new equipment for shooting etc.

Nothing like good customer service either. I asked for a quote by email today actually, and the gang in Wildcat were very friendly, even over email, and when I told them I'd have to wait to let them know of a booking, they were very nice and told me to enjoy being snowed in. Its the little things. Really.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭micayla

inkivaari2 wrote: »
    Sorry if this is too much of my opinion and not just facts based.

They call you by your name and they are willing to engage in a bit of chat during a session. I had my first tat done by a fella who never said more than 2 sentences to me between walking in and walking out. Never again. At least in Wildcat, when I had my shoulder done, Mark called me by my first name, was friendly, told me a bit of how he got into it while he was working on me, cracked a few jokes and was very clear on aftercare.

Being friendly is a big part of it for me, and probably many others.

As well as that, I am a bit of a stickler for being talked through things before anything happens, and I like to be told whats going to happen, the equipment etc, so I like that, and for me, its not just a tattoo thing, I'm the same in the dentists, when I'm thinking of getting new equipment for shooting etc.

Nothing like good customer service either. I asked for a quote by email today actually, and the gang in Wildcat were very friendly, even over email, and when I told them I'd have to wait to let them know of a booking, they were very nice and told me to enjoy being snowed in. Its the little things. Really.

Hey, I'm looking into getting my first tattoo and just wondering which of the Wildcat studios you've been to, Jervis or Stephen's Green? Thanks :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭inkivaari2

micayla wrote: »
    Hey, I'm looking into getting my first tattoo and just wondering which of the Wildcat studios you've been to, Jervis or Stephen's Green? Thanks :-)

Stephens Green, I've actually only ever passed by the one on Jervis, but the SG studio is great, and they're really friendly. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭micayla

Cheers inkivaari2 I'll definitely check them out :-)

• Advertisement
Advertisement