If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quote for whole system

Options
  • 24-11-2010 12:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm contemplating updating the whole system I have at home.
    It might not happen for a few months but a good quote might persuade me
    to act sooner!

Would you be able to PM me a good boardie quote for the following:
    SAMSUNG LE46C750
    BOSTON SOUNDWARE XS (5.1 Speakers)
    Denon AVR1911
    Sony BDPS570
    TTAP ELEGANCE (TV Stand)
    Samsung SSGP2100T (3D Glasses Set)
    Required Cables

Delivery to Kerry required.

Thanks in Advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭JustMac

Bump. Not that urgent but would appreciate a good boards quote. No reply recieved yet.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

JustMac wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm contemplating updating the whole system I have at home.
    It might not happen for a few months but a good quote might persuade me
    to act sooner!

Would you be able to PM me a good boardie quote for the following:
    SAMSUNG LE46C750
    BOSTON SOUNDWARE XS (5.1 Speakers)
    Denon AVR1911
    Sony BDPS570
    TTAP ELEGANCE (TV Stand)
    Samsung SSGP2100T (3D Glasses Set)
    Required Cables

Delivery to Kerry required.

Thanks in Advance.

Justmac,

apologies for the delay getting back to you :o

Unfortunately the 46C750 is now a finished line for us - however here is a price on the system including the vastly superior Philips 46PFL8605 which including the 3D glasses normally retails at €2499.99!
    1. Philips 46PFL8605 - 3D /Ambilight / 200HZ / DLNA ready TV http://www.p4c.philips.com/files/4/46pfl8605h_12/46pfl8605h_12_pss_eng.pdf
    2. 5 Year waarranty on 46PFL8605 included
    3. Philips PTA 02 - 3D Kit including 2 Pairs of active glasses
    4. Philips BDP7500B2 - luxury 3D matching Blu-Ray player
    5. Denon AVR1911 - 3D Ready Av receiver
    6. Boston XSB 5.1 - What Hifi winning 5.1 speaker kit
    7. Cambridge Audio Symphony 100 speaker cable * 25 Mtrs
    8. HDMI 1.4 ready HDMI leads * 2

46pfl8605h_12__ff_.jpg

bdp7500b2_05_rtf_.jpg

Total retail should be €3349.99 - I can do you a Boardie special at a mad €2599 - ie pay for the TV & the glasses and get the rest of the kit for €100!

Keep me posted if we can assist and apologies again for the delay,

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Justmac,

apologies for the delay getting back to you :o

Unfortunately the 46C750 is now a finished line for us - however here is a price on the system including the vastly superior Philips 46PFL8605 which including the 3D glasses normally retails at €2499.99!
    1. Philips 46PFL8605 - 3D /Ambilight / 200HZ / DLNA ready TV http://www.p4c.philips.com/files/4/46pfl8605h_12/46pfl8605h_12_pss_eng.pdf
    2. 5 Year waarranty on 46PFL8605 included
    3. Philips PTA 02 - 3D Kit including 2 Pairs of active glasses
    4. Philips BDP7500B2 - luxury 3D matching Blu-Ray player
    5. Denon AVR1911 - 3D Ready Av receiver
    6. Boston XSB 5.1 - What Hifi winning 5.1 speaker kit
    7. Cambridge Audio Symphony 100 speaker cable * 25 Mtrs
    8. HDMI 1.4 ready HDMI leads * 2

Total retail should be €3349.99 - I can do you a Boardie special at a mad €2599 - ie pay for the TV & the glasses and get the rest of the kit for €100!

Keep me posted if we can assist and apologies again for the delay,

ATB,

John Mc

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I've been thinking about this for a while.

I'm not saying it is a bad quote but you do say that the Philips 46PFL8605 including the 3D glasses normally retails at €2499.99 but your own website says that its RRP is £1799 which converts to about €2150. The same TV with glasses is retailing at €1999 in Havery Normans <snip>.

It does seem like a cracking TV and it ticks all the boxes. I'm also considering just going for a non 3d TV for the moment with a view to upgrading in a few years, so with the same blu ray and AV etc. Could you quote for a tv like the Sony BRAVIA KDL46EX503 with all other stuff (blu ray, AV, speakers, cables etc)?

(If I could get a few quid off the previous quote I could be tempted by the 3D)

I've read many good things on this forum over the last while, and your prices are very competitive, so you're very likely to be getting my custom:)

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭gombín

Hi John,

I'm also interested in your quote for whole package, and would order if price is right.

The standalone TV is also available for €2K in DID.

Hope to hear from you soon.

gombín wrote: »
    Hi John,

I'm also interested in your quote for whole package, and would order if price is right.

The standalone TV is also available for €2K in DID.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Theres power in numbers :)

I'm now expecting an even better quote. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

JustMac wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I've been thinking about this for a while.

I'm not saying it is a bad quote but you do say that the Philips 46PFL8605 including the 3D glasses normally retails at €2499.99 but your own website says that its RRP is £1799 which converts to about €2150. The same TV with glasses is retailing at €1999 in Havery Normans <Snip>.

It does seem like a cracking TV and it ticks all the boxes. I'm also considering just going for a non 3d TV for the moment with a view to upgrading in a few years, so with the same blu ray and AV etc. Could you quote for a tv like the Sony BRAVIA KDL46EX503 with all other stuff (blu ray, AV, speakers, cables etc)?

(If I could get a few quid off the previous quote I could be tempted by the 3D)

I've read many good things on this forum over the last while, and your prices are very competitive, so you're very likely to be getting my custom:)

JustMAc,

Apologies for the delay getting back to you and many thanks for the kind words!

I have the Sony KDL46EX503 available from stock at £845.94 (before vat back) if you are interested?

I can do the complete pack including the Sony 46" as follows:

Sony KDL46EX503
    Sony BDS370 - Blu-Ray
    Denon AVR1911 - 3D Ready Av receiver
    Boston XSB 5.1 - What Hifi winning 5.1 speaker kit
    Cambridge Audio Symphony 100 speaker cable * 25 Mtrs
    HDMI 1.4 ready HDMI leads * 2

£1639

If you wanted to go for the 3D system - I can reduce it by €99 to just €2499 - I'll happily pricebeat ANYONE in Ireland if they can beat that price (and they have it available from stock of course!)

Keep me posted - thanks as ever and I would love to get the biz :D

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment:

John, I've removed comment as requested, thanks.

Ritz.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭gombín

JustMAc,

I have the Sony KDL46EX503 available from stock at £845.94 (before vat back) if you are interested?

Sony KDL46EX503
    Sony BDS370 - Blu-Ray

£1639

If you wanted to go for the 3D system - I can reduce it by €99 to just €2499 - I'll happily pricebeat ANYONE in Ireland if they can beat that price (and they have it available from stock of course!)

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

Fair play John.
    PM winging its way....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 dbuck

Hi John,

have posted last week asking for confirmation of price and delivery of Denon 1911 and Boston Soundware.

These are planned to go with a Sony 40EX503 system.

However the 46EX503 package looks attractive - however can you let me know two things please

Comparison price of similiar package with 40EX503
    Details how how vat back offer will work if purchasing from Belfast (have Dublin address)

Hope you can get back to me soon.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi there.

The system price with the 40" would come out at £1439.

The issue with the VAT back is that Sony will only pay the VAT back via either a sterling issued cheque or they will transfer the money into a UK bank account.

They ask for a UK address and they do check, so I don't see how you can claim the VAT back, on this basis.

I believe Sony are operating a different offer in the South but they are strict with the details on the VAT back scheme.

I hope this helps but keep us posted.

ATB

Dave

• Advertisement

JustMAc,

Sony KDL46EX503
    Sony BDS370 - Blu-Ray

£1639

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

Thanks for the update John, and the reduction on the original quote. I've visited a B&M store many times in the last 2 weeks to check out the 46PFL8605. It's certainly a beaute. (I'm not sure if the staff of the B&M store have noticed me drooling in front of it.) It still however remains outside my current budget. :(

I would like to go for the 3D. I'm hoping that there will be more value to be had in the next couple of months in that market. (If I could only get the wife agree to a 56" TV (and the room a little bigger) I would have already requested the one that ye have currently on offer.) In the meantime I would have gone for a 2D 100Hz 46" LCD/LED with a view to updating the TV later. The fact that I can't get the VAT back on the Sony is unfortunate. I'm not pushed on the 47" LGs you have on your website.

I'll keep a close eye on this forum in the next while and I'm sure I'll spot something a bargain that meets my needs. Thanks again, Justin.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.