Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dog training classes in dublin

• 24-11-2010 12:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Hi, anyone here know of dog training classes in Dublin?

i dont mean tricks or anything but I'd love to teach my dog to walk properly on the lead, to come when i call him and to stop barking like a maniac when someone knocks at the door!

He's not bold or disobedient on purpose its just that i dont really know how to go about training him properly, so he's never had proper consistant training. recall is the most important because i live in my family home and there's lots of kids in and out and im always shouting at people to shut the door in case he decides to leg it out (im terrified of him going out & getting knocked down or something)
    if i could just call him back then i wont have heart attacks imagining him getting knocked down!

if anyone has any suggestions please let me know.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭TooManyDogs

Would recommend Dublin Dog Training, John is fantastic! I did basic obedience and now am doing agility with him. Very patient and has years of experience, he does basic obedience classes. www.dublindogtraining.com

• Registered Users Posts: 9 twigsahern

You can visit the Dog Trainers Association of Ireland's website to find a trainer in your area. Their trainers are people who have experience and practice as most of the trainers who are around now only have theory training. There is no use having initials after your name if you haven't been out there doing the job. I did a lot of looking and askig around last month for classes and decided to go with a trainer who has years of experience hands on.

www.dtail.org

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Dog Training Ireland FTW!!!!!!!!! :pac: My dog loves them all and we always have fun at class!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

+1 for Dog Training Ireland

Advertisement