Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freddie Mercury 19 Years dead today

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Have my queen setlist on today for the day thats in it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

I love pretty much everything Queen ever released - Freddie was the Man.
    I've seen a lot of acts through the years, but Queen lead by Freddie Mercury is defintely the one that got away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Taz86

Have been listening to Queen a lot in recent weeks. Such a brilliant band. They were all such fantastic musicians. They were a real once off I think. Love them. And Freddie. Well, what can I say. Great musician, songwriter, performer and what a *beautiful* voice. Much missed.

(You Take My Breath Away is a song I really rediscovered in recent weeks. I don't think I ever fully appreciated it before. Great stuff. Sometimes that was Freddie at his best when it was just him and the piano and then again sometimes it was the heavier stuff that was the best. Come to think of it *all* of it was the best really...)

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭creativedrinker

The stage was his playground!!

If you look at live aid.. No lights, no fancy stage, no nothing... He came out in a vest and jeans... And he just set the place off..highlight of the whole gig...

Lover of life, singer of songs
    Farrokh Bulsara R.I.P

You are missed!!:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

Nova had Sheer Heart Attack as their classic album last night. Long live Freddie!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

Its shocking to think its 19 years already. I saw Freddy play at Slane - what a performer. Not many about nowadays that could touch his ability

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

I was only a couple of months old when he died but his music will live on forever. He was thee best front man he had so much stage presence, I wish I could have seen him live it's so sad :( Love you Freddie :)

Advertisement