Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electoral Register

Options
  • 24-11-2010 1:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭

The deadline for getting onto the electoral register is the 25th of November, which is Thursday.

If anybody would like to be added to the register of electors, then please first check your name on the list in the link below:

http://services.mayococo.ie/mcc4/your_council_and_towns/Reg_Search20067v2.asp

If you're not on this list, then you can either pm me your Name, Address, DOB, and Citizenship before 5pm Wednesday. If you would like to avoid giving out personal details online, which is understandable, then download the form here and fill it in asap:

http://www.mayococo.ie/en/YourCouncils/RegisterofElectors/

If all else fails and you miss the opportunity, a window will open sometime before the next General Election to add your name to the list then.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭shoes34

I had a vote in the elections held in June 2010 (local) and now on checking the register I don't appear to be on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭mike kelly

shoes34 wrote: »
    I had a vote in the elections held in June 2010 (local) and now on checking the register I don't appear to be on it.

I was on the electoral register for years and voted in several elections, always at the same address. Now I am on longer on it. How and why was I removed? Can I find this out?

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭PaulPinnacle

shoes34 wrote: »
    I assume this is by checking on the website?

I jumped on to check the exact address I had been registered under (2 different ways it could have been written type of thing) in order to switch it from Cork up to Mayo and found I wasn't on the list. A quick call to the Cork office confirmed I was on the register and at an address that was failing to show on the website.

Not sure if there's a widespread issue or if it's a small quirk with some addresses (e.g. mine had a number and a letter, which isn't really accommodated on the webform), but a quick call to the local office might help clear it up.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

The register is a disaster, sloppily and carelessly maintained. There was a fairly big effort put into cleaning it up a few years ago, but even that effort was sloppily undertaken, and there was almost no reform of the underlying processes.

Advertisement