Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ZyXEL p660hwt1 and Snap Server don't want to work together....

Options
  • 24-11-2010 2:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,211 ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks,
    I have a ZyXEL p660hwt1 v3 and a Snap Server 2200 (Overland Storage) that simply don't want to work together

The underlying issue seems to be the ZyXEL p660hwt1 v3.

The way the office is configured....
    3 PC's, all connected using a ZyXEL p660hwt1 v3 connected to eircom
    Snap Server connected to the ZyXEL on the 4th ethernet port

When I hook them up, the Snap Server communicates for a while and then disappears. The only way to get it back is to either reboot the Snap Server or the ADSL modem.

I've tried different combo's such as using the ZyXEL as a DHCP Server and assigning static IP's. Nothing seems to do the trick. I tried introducing a Layer 2 switch (Allied Telesyn at-fs716l ) but no help

In the past this Server worked fine connected to a switch which was then connected to a Linksys WRT54GL (This Linksys acted as a DHCP Server) - The Linksys was the gateway to the broadband connection which was Irish Broadband.

I guess it's a simple question really - Will the Snap Server not work with the ZyXEL ADSL modem? (Designed to be connected with PC's only?)

If so, what would the alternative be taking into consideration that the DSL connection is through the phone-line with eircom.

This has been wrecking my brains for the past couple of days - any help at all would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Advertisement