Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SGU 2x09 "Visitation" [SPOILERS]

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭constantg

I thought the development of Greer was spot on the money in this one to be honest with ye

"my job is to stop butter bar lieutenants like you to stop making mistakes."

Spot on, Master Gunnery Sgt, spot on. He is, apart from Young, probably the single most experienced soldier there. Actually, probably including Young to be fair. He is imho a deeply devout and honourable person, remember the scene from Light in Season 1, where he togged off and prepared to meet his maker?

Like Cain might have found "God" or whatever; Greer prays for his friend's missus every night....Facta non Verba, Actions not Words like!! The scene with the scientist in the Observation Deck, where she says he's being too deep again. Brilliant.

I think this was oneof the best episodes in terms of humanising Greer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

constantg wrote: »
    I thought the development of Greer was spot on the money in this one to be honest with ye

"my job is to stop butter bar lieutenants like you to stop making mistakes."

Spot on, Master Gunnery Sgt, spot on. He is, apart from Young, probably the single most experienced soldier there. Actually, probably including Young to be fair. He is imho a deeply devout and honourable person, remember the scene from Light in Season 1, where he togged off and prepared to meet his maker?

Like Cain might have found "God" or whatever; Greer prays for his friend's missus every night....Facta non Verba, Actions not Words like!! The scene with the scientist in the Observation Deck, where she says he's being too deep again. Brilliant.

I think this was oneof the best episodes in terms of humanising Greer

Agree completely, Greer is one of the most intresting parts of the show for me. A soldiers soldier, hourable and duty bound while still being able to show some personality through that exterior. Consistantly some of the best scenes in SGU were from greer.

His back story waa perfect considering how the man is now, it really was believable and very very good writing indeed. If he stays around til the end I really cant wait to see where they go with him, Greer in the last writing season with the gloves off so to speak in writing terms would be great. I could see Greer for some reason going out in a blaze of glory, sacraficing himself for the greater good ... a real goose bump ep if it ever happens

• Registered Users Posts: 83,350 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I remember when in the first season Greer was this creepy guy we all thought was going to become a homocidal maniac (and in one case, became a homocidal maniac) But last week or so I rewatched all of the first season and you just completely see Greer in a different light the second time around.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭FGR

Again they obsess over the ship completing it's 'mission'.

I still can't understand how Young & Co so willingly decided to go with this instead of turning the ship around to get Telford/Re-Dial Earth from that feeder ship.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Thought this was a decent episode. The whole side show of the shuttle returning was ok but the meat of the episode was the Greer/Chloe scene and Matt/Greer scenes. Brilliantly acted and setting up what will happen down the line.

4/5

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

just watched this last night. the one-liner summary for this episode is "they have a shuttle again". woopie. ffs!

Advertisement