Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sending text to wrong person

• 24-11-2010 3:32am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

Have you ever sent a text to the wrong person by accident?

I was texting my friend earlier and sent a jokey reply back 'Ah jaysus dying for a ****, think i might have one in the bath lol'. Problem is her name is next to my dad's number and sent it to him by mistake. :o:eek::o:eek:

Didn't realise until his phone beeped and I looked at the sent messages folder. He looked kinda shocked and was laughing at the same time. I demanded he gave me his phone and he said 'Shouldn't you be running the bath?' :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭halpin17

Classic really,only happens me when I'm texting someone about someone else or if I've been thinking about the person while writing a message !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,983 ✭✭✭Degag

Question: Why would you ever text a female friend that you wanted a ****?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

Degag wrote: »

so you can race each other!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Maybe he wanted help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

Ha Ha. Yeah my friend ( lets just call him John)was in another friend's house (Lets call her Alison) in the first week of college. There were three or four of them there. Anywho, she was boring him to tears and he decided to text his friend telling him -
    'I am in Alison's house now, she is so ****ing boring'
    However in his state of boredom, without thinking about what he was doing, he accidentally sent the message to her. Reading the message she gives him a real dirty look. Upon realising what he had done he then awkwardly says
    - 'Hehe . . . ehhh . . .gotcha'
    She was not impressed.

• Advertisement

Shryke wrote: »
    Maybe he wanted help.

The young people call it sexting, Joe, sexting! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

I accidentally text my granny...

"Dude I nailed that chick like jesus last night! Talk about a spear in the hip!! lol"

I haven't be allowed in her house since

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

Ah **** it how do you embed Youtube vids?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAG18UUDPPI

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

The young people call it sexting, Joe, sexting! :eek:

Haha you don't even know what sexting is! (Brillant Fair City)

Haha you don't even know what sexting is! (Brillant Fair City)

I know what it is. The average Liveline caller doesn't, hence the irony.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

Degag wrote: »

Eh, why wouldnt ya:confused::confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Oh yeah have done that way too many times!
    I sent a pretty heartfelt emotional text to a fella i used to work with instead of sending it to my then bf. I'd say he thought i was some looper! (the fella, not the bf!)

An friend of mine sent a photo of his dick to one of his male customers instead of his girlfriend :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

alwaysadub wrote: »
    Oh yeah have done that way too many times!
    I sent a pretty heartfelt emotional text to a fella i used to work with instead of sending it to my then bf. I'd say he thought i was some looper! (the fella, not the bf!)

An friend of mine sent a photo of his dick to one of his male customers instead of his girlfriend :D
    Wow, talk about an extremely awkward moment to be had between the two guys...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

hate this, Im always at it, I jsut go auto when texting, so used to texting the same people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

What ****?
    Its something you do in bath?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭girlyhappyface

My "default" text recipient seems to be my mother!
    If I'm not paying attention, she gets the text.
    Only last week, I was texting a friend, taking the piss about something my mam had done, and I sent it to my mam.
    In my college days, I text her on THREE separate occasions looking for pot!
    She's easy going though, so just thinks I'm an eegit!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭flower tattoo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

Vorsprung wrote: »
    Ah **** it how do you embed Youtube vids?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAG18UUDPPI

Just the bit after "v=" from the url in between the

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Kanoe

texting someone I met briefly that I wasn't interested in she was trying to get me to go out with her and I said something along the lines of sure I'm ****e in bed you're not missin anything anyway (don't ask why) and sent it to the person I was actually interested in. nearly died of mortification, I had three different numbers for her all under different names so not to get confused so it was practically inevitable.
    As it happens I had to delete all three of them the following week :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

I know a girl who once sent a fairly detailed message of how horny she was and exactly how she was playing with herself to her brother instead of her boyfriend! No pictures in those days, lucky enough!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,672 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Brendog wrote: »
    I accidentally text my granny...

"Dude I nailed that chick like jesus last night! Talk about a spear in the hip!! lol"

I haven't be allowed in her house since

This did not happen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

I've accidentally sent sexy texts to best friends of mine instead of to my boyfriend at the time. (thank god they have forgotten about it! There is always something to slag me off about!!)

Luckily I now have "recently used contacts" so my boyfriend is nearly always at the top of that! So my naughty little texts go to him! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

I had a girl called Mandy that I was buggering for a while saved next to "Mam", and I sometimes gets my drunk on. After the second or third drunken late-night mis-send I promptly renamed her Amanda, the furthest possible from "M".

I also totally played it off one time when I was bitchin about someone and sent it to them by accident, I convinced them I was windin them up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

consultech wrote: »
    I had a girl called Mandy that I was buggering for a while saved next to "Mam", and I sometimes gets my drunk on. After the second or third drunken late-night mis-send I promptly renamed her Amanda, the furthest possible from "M".

I also totally played it off one time when I was bitchin about someone and sent it to them by accident, I convinced them I was windin them up.

So are we all buggering now father?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Ah this seems to have effected the best of us :D

Happened to me, nothing to serious, I was trying get a buddy of mine to go out one night when I called to him and he kept refusing, basically went to txt another friend to say the other guy was being a dick for not going out and sent it to the guy I had called to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I once had a text mistakenly sent to me by a guy who was bragging to his friend about having pulled me. It was hugely flattering :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Have never sent a wrong text but was on the receiving end of one which wasnt that nice. Had a couple of dates with this lad years ago. Texted him to see if he wanted to come round to mine for a bit of dinner. About an hour later got a reply goin "ah man time to put the get out clause into action shes asked me to her gaff". Obviously meant for his friend and not me lol! Got a text 5 seconds later after he realised his mistake trying to desperately back track sayin it was a joke.

Indirectly dumped by text...niiice! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

I'm still waiting for my gran to bring over that bag of weed :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭thebigbiffo

was owed a cheque from my boss for wages and commission and was chasing the f'ukcer to give it to me for about a week. on the friday evening i caught him legging it out of the office - i asked if he'd be back cos i was really stuck for the cheque and he testily replied i should be worried about work and he'd have it when he could.

i then wrote this to the OH 'just caught the wanker trying to sneak out the front door. told me he prob wouldn't have it till next week. fat f'uckin prick'

it was only when he texted me back going 'hate when that happens...' that i realised what i'd done. needless to say it wasn't the best working relationship in the following couple of weeks i worked there. he should have fired me, but he needed me more than i needed him. ended up having to hold a laptop to ransom to get the cheque.

no regrets about the text whatsoever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

I once accidentally texted 'go for a bailout' to Brian Cowen instead of my mate who's boat was taking in water.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

my number is one digit different from my friends. So if mine was 0876543211 hers was 0876543212. Needless to say I had to forward a few late night texts from her boyfriend about how much he wished he could do things to her.... Not nice...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭thebigbiffo

Seaneh wrote: »
    my number is one digit different from my friends. So if mine was 0876543211 hers was 0876543212. Needless to say I had to forward a few late night texts from her boyfriend about how much he wished he could do things to her.... Not nice...

tell her BF to buy one of those new-fangled phones that stores numbers as names...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,475 ✭✭✭RedXIV

I did this once when I was a teenager, had a crush on this girl and she was part of a group. They all ended up having a big fight and I spent 3 Hours making everyone get on hunky dory including bringing my crush to one of the other girls houses to apologise.

On the way back to my crush's house she told me that I was a really good person and kissed me on the cheek as she went into her house

Cue jumping in the air, dancing down the street as I texted my mate who was part of the group saying

"You owe me big time for sorting all this out with the crazy women, and I think X and me are on the way to jiggy town!!"

Sent directly to crush....

That set me back a few years :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

Seaneh wrote: »

Cool Rory, Strobe.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

tell her BF to buy one of those new-fangled phones that stores numbers as names...
    Inorite!?!?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Classic scene in the Inbetweeners when they all swap phones and allow each other to text whoever they want on the contact list. Simon to Jays Dad: "I'm thinking of you and I miss you. I'm in the bath....and I'm hard." Dads reply: "You're sick son."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

i was sitting at lunch with a lad i was seeing and sent a text to my friend tellin her i was gettin rid of him and of course sent it to his phone :eek: went all ninja though and got the phone and deleted it before he seen it!

another time i was using my friends phone and sent a text to her dad asking him did he want to call over for a spliff :o she nearly killed me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Ganymede Glow

A (mate) of mine owed me a few quid which in turn I had to give to another (mate2). Anyway mate2 is ringing me looking for the few quid so im dodging him and his calls for a couple of hours until mate1 brings the money around to give to mate2. But mate1 is dodging me also the sneaky git. So I send mate1 a txt telling him "to get the f*cking money around because mate2 is harrasing the sh!te out of me for money and im dodging calls because of him"

Funnily enough I sent that txt to mate2, the guy I was dodging! :eek:

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭AAAAAAAHHH

RedXIV wrote: »
    I did this once when I was a teenager, had a crush on this girl and she was part of a group. They all ended up having a big fight and I spent 3 Hours making everyone get on hunky dory including bringing my crush to one of the other girls houses to apologise.

On the way back to my crush's house she told me that I was a really good person and kissed me on the cheek as she went into her house

Cue jumping in the air, dancing down the street as I texted my mate who was part of the group saying

"You owe me big time for sorting all this out with the crazy women, and I think X and me are on the way to jiggy town!!"

Sent directly to crush....

That set me back a few years :o

Crush? Did you live in ****ing Dawson's creek?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,475 ✭✭✭RedXIV

AAAAAAAHHH wrote: »
    Crush? Did you live in ****ing Dawson's creek?

Be nice, I was young, innocent and foolish :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Have never done this with text messages, but have done it quite a few times in work emails by accident

came in to work hungover one day and not in the mood for anything.. got an email from a colleague that was nothing to do with me and not my job, and I intended to forward it on to the relevant person but in my hungover mess of a state I clicked reply and sent it back with a message along the lines of "I dont know why these idiots keep sending me this rubbish"

she wasnt impressed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

My "default" text recipient seems to be my mother!
    If I'm not paying attention, she gets the text.
    Only last week, I was texting a friend, taking the piss about something my mam had done, and I sent it to my mam.
    In my college days, I text her on THREE separate occasions looking for pot!
    She's easy going though, so just thinks I'm an eegit!

The mammy is always right :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

maximoose wrote: »
    Have never done this with text messages, but have done it quite a few times in work emails by accident

came in to work hungover one day and not in the mood for anything.. got an email from a colleague that was nothing to do with me and not my job, and I intended to forward it on to the relevant person but in my hungover mess of a state I clicked reply and sent it back with a message along the lines of "I dont know why these idiots keep sending me this rubbish"

she wasnt impressed.

had a similar incident in work recently - customer looking for these invoice and every time i sent them to him he sent them back with another prob - this went back and fort easily 10 times, him picking out a diff fault each time, so finally i got email back from him saying " these are fine now, ill approve them" so i went to forward it to my colleague to let her know but instead i hit reply and said " u think we shd frame this" and sent it directly back to him!
    may not sound bad but he is one of our top clients, i was freaking out, tankfully he saw the funny side of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

messrs wrote: »
    this went back and fort easily 10 times, him picking out a diff fault each time

Jesus I'd sack you myself if it took you that many attempts to get an invoice right!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

Some good stories there. There should really be a pop up message that asks 'are you sure you want to send it to this person?' Could save a few blushes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    Wow, talk about an extremely awkward moment to be had between the two guys...

Yeah,i missed the golden moment when the customer came into the job a few days later and your man had to go apologise, but apparantly it was quite awkward. Don't think they've looked at each other in the eye since :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Oh boy iv done this sooo many times - i hate having friends with the same name as my boss :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

alwaysadub wrote: »
    Yeah,i missed the golden moment when the customer came into the job a few days later and your man had to go apologise, but apparantly it was quite awkward. Don't think they've looked at each other in the eye since :D
    I imagine it's awkward to look someone in the eyes... especially after they looked at your other "eye"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Copper23

I used to know someone who did like the opposite... or sort of opposite.

They would write a text about you so it was phrased like it was meant for someone else and then send it to you deliberately so you'd know what they thought of you without actually just saying it to your face.

It was really weird... Hard to explain, had to be there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

consultech wrote: »

Haha, I've done the opposite of this before - texting someone ranting about them and 'accidentally' sending it to the person it's about.

Is that some kind of passive-aggressive thing?

EDIT: Completely missed the post above, yep I do the same as your mate!

• Advertisement
Advertisement