Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sending text to wrong person

2»

Comments

i was having a debate with a friend over which of us had the bigger tongue i took a pic and sent it to a guy i had just met .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

yeah i do it all the time!:pac:

BUT in my defense the iphone does make it easy to confuse who you are sending a message to...:o

i just click the messaging button and start typing and while i am busy re-reading the text to make sure it is ok, i click the send button(which btw is conveniently located right next to the text box)and i always seem to hit it right before i look up to see who im really sending it to! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Detour

In the bar one day, everyone feeling a little worse for wear from the night before. One of the lads sends a text (which i assume was meant for his girlfriend) saying "me needs hugz"

Of course he sent it to one of the other boys sitting around the table.

One of the happiest moments of my life!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,195 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

I got a text for my daughter yesterday morning that was not for my eyes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

Pherekydes wrote: »
    I got a text for my daughter yesterday morning that was not for my eyes.

Please....tell us. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

Jesus I'd sack you myself if it took you that many attempts to get an invoice right!

i wasnt the person getting it wrong, i just happened to be the 'go between' between them coz they wudnt deal with each other directly :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭limklad

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    Wow, talk about an extremely awkward moment to be had between the two guys...
    Are you sure? The Male Customer might use it to his advantage :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

consultech wrote: »
    Cool Rory, Strobe.

Hey, don't drag me into this mess...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭limklad

consultech wrote: »
    I had a girl called Mandy that I was buggering for a while saved next to "Mam", and I sometimes gets my drunk on. After the second or third drunken late-night mis-send I promptly renamed her Amanda, the furthest possible from "M".

I also totally played it off one time when I was bitchin about someone and sent it to them by accident, I convinced them I was windin them up.
    That be fine until, she or some-else (nosey Boll*x/B*tch) picks up your phone and see that you text and Call Amanda loads of Times and squeal like a pig about it. Try and explain that one to her. :eek:

• Advertisement

I was out drinking with a friend of mine; she was extremely flirty and off chatting to all the guys, leaving me alone. So, in my boredom I text another friend of mine saying, "x is being at her usual flirty way, being a pricktease". Unfortunately I ended up sending it to x.

... she wasn't pleased.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Wow I have done my fair share of sending texts to the wrong people I blame alcohol :rolleyes: Whether I'm giving out about someone and end up sending it to them or naughty texts meant for my boyfriend :D All you can do is laugh about it haha!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Sending a saucy text to the wrong person is way worse than sending a giving out one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Mozoltov!

This did not happen
    Hi Gran. :pac:
    Sanjuro wrote: »
    I once accidentally texted 'go for a bailout' to Brian Cowen instead of my mate who's boat was taking in water.
    You've Brians number? Why aren't you sharing?
    Dudess wrote: »
    Sending a saucy text to the wrong person is way worse than sending a giving out one.
    What about a dominatrix text? eh eh eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭shebango

Seaneh wrote: »
    my number is one digit different from my friends. So if mine was 0876543211 hers was 0876543212. Needless to say I had to forward a few late night texts from her boyfriend about how much he wished he could do things to her.... Not nice...

Hands up the people who tried calling these numbers to see if they were in use??

/I resisted temptation...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Mozoltov!

shebango wrote: »
    Hands up the people who tried calling these numbers to see if they were in use??

/I resisted temptation...
    One of them is in use.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

this happened to me the week before last

I was doing a rather large tender for equipment for a government department (that they really don't need) on Friday afternoon in work,when I got distracted from that email and didn't get to finish it off before going home.
    now as it turns out I was starting jury duty on the Monday so wouldn't be able to finish it in person on Monday morning and this department were going mental looking for this tender as it's getting near the end of year and they need to use up the remainder of their budget for the year ASAP

so I decided to do the tender from home on Sunday night and emailed the rough draft to the lads in work so they could make it look a bit more formal and send it on from the work account,Colm is particularly good at this stuff so i sent it on to him...done and dusted!

now,we are a big bunch of nerds in work,and we are definite font Nazi's when it comes to our generally tasteless clients

so I titled the mail "Tender draft;I did it in Helvetica-just for you Colm"

I then wrote in the mail instructions "send quickly! they're in a hurry to piss away our money!"
    of course another of the lads opened it first,didn't bother to read it at all and hit forward to the department without editing a single thing

Que me spending 48hrs ****ting it that the tender would be lost and my boss would have my balls on a plate for losing big money

...but strangely enough we got the contract! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Dudess wrote: »

Oh yeah...especially when the person who accidentally receives it is your father. Turns out 'Dad' and 'Dave' were beside each other on the phone...the worst was realising AS I SENT IT and desperately trying to cancel it. I avoided him for about a month. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 179 ✭✭Tubberadora

EMF2010 wrote: »
    Oh yeah...especially when the person who accidentally receives it is your father. Turns out 'Dad' and 'Dave' were beside each other on the phone...the worst was realising AS I SENT IT and desperately trying to cancel it. I avoided him for about a month. :o
    How did Dave react after the month of avoiding him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

When I was learning to drive, I started with a new instructor that my friend had recommended.

She asked me to tell her what I thought of him after the lesson. He was a middle aged man and a bit of a silver fox...So literally five minutes after our first lesson, I texted what I thought was her with...'Ride!'...

He replied about thirty seconds later with a smiley face. :eek: Never went back!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Friend told me last night, that he was recently talking about the Sopranos with his friend over text and he him sent a quote saying something along the lines of 'I ****ed guys in prison better looking than your mother.' The word mother being subconsciously on his mind, he sent it to his own mother.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

I was on the receiving end of a mis-sent text. Was meeting an ex, and she sent me a text saying something along the lines of "hope I find the right words to say how I feel, blah blah blah" which got my hopes up.
    Only to be ****ing crushed 20 minutes later :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

This one slightly different! To simplify it there was 10 of us, all mates, one fella had to head off home for a few hours and left his phone there...

We started texting every girl in his phonebook naughty stuff, got one or two "Go **** yourself"'s back. Needless to say he returned with some confusion, a week later he was banging this random one (We texted) that he liked for ages but never had the balls to say anything to her...

Lucky fecker...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

Sykk wrote: »
    This one slightly different! To simplify it there was 10 of us, all mates, one fella had to head off home for a few hours and left his phone there...

We started texting every girl in his phonebook naughty stuff, got one or two "Go **** yourself"'s back. Needless to say he returned with some confusion, a week later he was banging this random one (We texted) that he liked for ages but never had the balls to say anything to her...

Lucky fecker...

Next thing to do is swap the names of his mother and that girl, keeping the numbers. Wait for late night texts with hilarious results?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Little Acorn

Dean820 wrote: »
    Some good stories there. There should really be a pop up message that asks 'are you sure you want to send it to this person?' Could save a few blushes.

Not the same thing really, but facebook, twitter and myspace are getting a program to prevent drunken posts, and gmail already have it to prevent drunken emails. I heard about it on the radio a few weeks ago. Found a link about it here: http://profit.ndtv.com/news/show/new-tool-helps-stop-drunk-posting-on-facebook-twitter-120542

So you never know, in the future there might be something to prevent accidental texts!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

My husband's always changing editing his number on my phone so he can text me so's someone else's number comes up. He's given me quite a few heart attacks. I can't leave my phone down at all...he's an awful sh*t stirrer.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Good one I heard, not sure if its been posted. In the pub, when one of your mates heads off to the jacks, grab his phone and change your name in his phone to his girlfriends. Head off to the toilet yourself and text him saying "I'm pregnant". Cue hilarity.

Advertisement