Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

16.y.o. Male Birthday Ideas?

Options
  • 24-11-2010 5:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭

Any-one any ideas or good/bad experiences for 16th Birthday ideas?!?!

Not sure about just an actual party in his house for this awkward age lol. It's either gonna be 1) just pure awkward/agonising/miserable lol with this kinda age-group for the day/evening, or else 2) totally mad-hyper trash the place-mode lol!! So don't think will be goin' with party. Any-one got any ideas for me? :) Could probably manage two car-loads of his mates to bring them somewhere if can think of anywhere to bring them ....

Am in Galway so would be looking at no more than an hour or so away .... They go to Cinema/bowling etc. those kinda places regularly enough, so want something new/different/innovative/original/cheap lol:rolleyes::D to mark his 16th.

Am trying to think of his interests / or what he likes .... But golly outside of school and homework there isn't really a lot of spare time. He's into football and soccer a fair bit. And his all-time passion is Lego he adores it. Was thinking maybe of doing a day-trip with just him, to Manchester for the Soccer and could take in Legoland over there as well. So might go with that. On telly last week, saw an Ad./ or some demo. about a Lego Roadshow of some sort, but if that was nation-wide he might like to go to that. He's big into Irish comedians / Irish comedy programmes as well but like don't know / doubt if I could tie that into anything anyway ..... :confused: Am stuck to think of stuff here ....

Any suggestions / ideas welcome! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Jagle

been to legoland in windsor when i was 13, didntplay with lego anymore but i loved it for the nestalga, might be a great gift , if he likes lego and pc games i know of a new lego online game, ment to be good fun, am not for galway so cant help you out there sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

How about a trip to Boda Borg. It's in Roscommon and is basically the Crystal Maze if you remember the show. You're in teams and you've to do tasks in various rooms to get through to the next. Looks like fun and might keep them entertained. I realise there's kids demonstrating in the video but it really is for all ages :D

Otherwise how about some water sports? A day of surfing or kayaking, or jet skis. Something along those lines. I'm sure there's plenty of that sort of thing off Galway somewhere.

They both might work out expensive though but maybe you could get some sort of discount if you've a decent group going!

Advertisement