Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chris Crooks - White Dragon Tattoo, Belfast

Options
  • 24-11-2010 8:52am
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm curious whether anyone has travelled up north to get work done by Chris Crooks in his studio in Belfast - White Dragon Tattoo ... ?

http://www.facebook.com/pages/WHITE-DRAGON-TATTOO/111222238891026
    (There's also a myspace page)

Been pondering a back piece for a while, and was looking at Alex Reinke, Mo Coppoletta etc. in the UK. Given Chris is on my doorstep however I was curious.

I came across his work a few years ago online ... pretty impressed with the scale of what he's doing. Also looks strong on draftsmanship and composition, IMO. That said, I've never actually seen any of his pieces in the flesh, I'd be interested to hear anyone who has direct experience and knows someone who got a big piece from Chris, or was tattooed by him themselves.

From his sites, looks like he is over in Japan at the moment getting a front body suit done by Shige from Yellow Blaze Tattoo. That suggests to me that he at least has incredibly good taste in Japanese tattooing, if nothing else.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭michael.etc...

I'm curious whether anyone has travelled up north to get work done by Chris Crooks in his studio in Belfast - White Dragon Tattoo ... ?

http://www.facebook.com/pages/WHITE-DRAGON-TATTOO/111222238891026
    (There's also a myspace page)

Been pondering a back piece for a while, and was looking at Alex Reinke, Mo Coppoletta etc. in the UK. Given Chris is on my doorstep however I was curious.

I came across his work a few years ago online ... pretty impressed with the scale of what he's doing. Also looks strong on draftsmanship and composition, IMO. That said, I've never actually seen any of his pieces in the flesh, I'd be interested to hear anyone who has direct experience and knows someone who got a big piece from Chris, or was tattooed by him themselves.

From his sites, looks like he is over in Japan at the moment getting a front body suit done by Shige from Yellow Blaze Tattoo. That suggests to me that he at least has incredibly good taste in Japanese tattooing, if nothing else.

I've been tattooed twice in White Dragon, not by Chris though. The studio is completely stuffed to the gills with his artwork though, and he's clearly completely invested in the Japanese style and really appreciative of genuinely great art. He's also not shy about criticising poor tattoos that ape the Japanese stuff without the class and draftsmanship.

I think he did a backpiece on one of the other guys that works there though, whch looks mighty fine. I've also seen a couple of older pieces he's done (before he started working exclusively on Japanese stuff) and they were good too. If i was getting a backpiece, I'd have him do it, no question.

Dunno how helpful this is, but sure!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Black Sheep

That's helpful, thanks man!

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭funnyclub

His work looks savage mate I wouldnt bother going across the pond.
    That is some of the best jap stuff I have seen.

Advertisement