Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swapping Gas Suppliers (Problem)

Options
  • 24-11-2010 8:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭

This is the wierdest thing ever..

I got a text of my mate yesterday saying to call his sister that her gas has been shut of because a Mr. X (me) had called Flogas to switch from Bord Gais on the 21/09/2010.. And that happened and because the bill wasn't paid they shut it of..

I lived in her house until the 1/4/10 for 2 years but the bills were still in her name and all and i just gave her the money for the gas and other bills.

The thing is i didn't call anyone ever to switch over (nor did she) and even if i did i wouldn't have the authority to switch over.. I'm freaked over it,

Has this happened to anyone before??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,436 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Possibly a zealous salesman or a coincidence.

Demand a copy of the correspondence / tape recording of the order to change.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

I told her to get whatever they have as evidence yesterday, cos i would be doubtful if i was her like.
    I can't even check cos i don't have the account/meter number or anything so she will get back to me.. She won't let it lie anyway that for sure..

I actually could not believe it when i read the text..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭bungler

When someone changes supplier they have to sign a customer agreement form and on this is where the customer will sign their name so ask for the copy of this and if its not your signature you will be able to prove it

Got to the bottom of it yesterday (and i am an idiot)

When i moved into my new place in April Bord Gais wanted €400 deposit of me and i told them they could sing for it..

So found a new supplier with Flogas and filled out the form online and that was grand, and a couple of weeks later i got another form in the post to fill out with my bank details on it for DD, but i just left it because i had already done it online and a bill had come previous and been paid by DD.

So another few weeks passed got a letter saying they needed the form back. So i found it filled it out and thought no more of it..

Then on Tuesday i got the text and told him no way was it me, didn't even cross my mind that i filled out my old address on the form because we had the gas in the house a few months like with no problem,

Then Flogas rang me yesterday, i asked them to sent me the form which they did and it was my signature. So i had filled out the 2nd form put my old address on it in error, but was my GRSN number and all that..

It's sorted now anyway and they have reversed this but feel so foolish cos i was swearing blind to my mate and his sister that it wasn't me..

• Registered Users Posts: 78,436 ✭✭✭✭Victor

So they put two places in your name?

• Advertisement

Yeah must of done. Cos i got 2/3 bills in my new place, although my mates sister never got a bill. They just cut of her gas.. And she phoned up Bord Gais and they said that it's been changed and she was no longer a customer and she rang Flogas and they said Mr X had changed it over..

Advertisement