Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All your discussion on budget cuts / 4 year plan announcements today goes here.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

123balltv wrote: »
    Vinny Browne was right last night
    Cowen confirmed tonight approx 6% interest rate charge for IMF/EU package :eek:
    cant afford it not this little Island
    I thought 5% would be the max but feck, they are out to get their quart of blood too it seems. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

seanleavy wrote: »
    Remember, if you get caught on Saturday it might affect your chances of getting a work permit in another country, should you want to leave of course.

Eh what's happening on Saturday?
    Biggins wrote: »
    I remember them too and collected them. Thats a whole generation thing that the latest ones won't get! :pac:

Hmnn you're right, I have no idea what you two are talking about.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

...Hmnn you're right, I have no idea what you two are talking about.
    Aaa... bless, O' to be that young again. :pac:

Have a read here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_Shield_Stamps

Green shield stamps at one time were like actual money.
    The best garage/shop on what ever day that was giving away the most quietly, was always shared between friends daily. :D

I feel really old now. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

123balltv wrote: »
    Vinny Browne was right last night
    Cowen confirmed tonight approx 6% interest rate charge for IMF/EU package :eek:
    cant afford it not this little Island

Best thing that can happen now is that the banks default before we sign up to this ball and chain because defaulting afterwards will be much worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

Aaa... bless, O' to be that young again. :pac:

Have a read here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_Shield_Stamps

Green shield stamps at one time were like actual money.
    The best garage/shop on what ever day that was giving away the most quietly, was always shared between friends daily. :D

I feel really old now. :(

It's ok I'm old too.. :(

I'm also very sad for our country..

We're fecked.. even if I'd kept my Green Shield Stamps..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

I thought 5% would be the max but feck, they are out to get their quart of blood too it seems. :(

The ECB are desperate to stop the virus spreading to Portugal, Spain, Italy ect. So all the saps in government had to do was simple, grab them by the balls, tell them we're only paying 2% interest, or we're taking down the Euro and the EU with it. But of course they neither have balls or a spine for that matter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,031 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Just got the following text message from the party bot (inb4 Mary Coughlan)
    Taoiseach today launched a 4 year Recovery Plan. Showed how Ireland can manage its way out of this crisis & back to recovery. See www.fiannafail.ie for details

Bunch of bleeding chancers. Literally amazed that they try and spin the 4 year plan as something positive.

For the record, I am not, nor have I ever been a member of Fianna Fáil. I signed up to their mailing list in GMIT a few years ago (they were giving out FF juggling balls to those who signed up). My details must've been handed over to the national party as I've been getting their emails and post ever since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭CamperMan

another waste of tax payers money

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

yawn..........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,420 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

You didn't have to share that with us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Ebbs

Should it not be...

"It showed" or "showing" or even... "It shows" :/

You didn't have to share that with us.

Same with around 90% of AH threads.

Pretty jaw dropping stuff that the party tries and puts a positive spin on the clusterfúck that came out today. Never cease to be amazed by their lack of shame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

(they were giving out FF juggling balls to those who signed up)

made me LOL, thanks:)

Ebbs wrote: »
    Should it not be...

"It showed" or "showing" or even... "It shows" :/

No, that's how it was written down. I'm quoting it verbatim.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

You should have posted this in the "Sending text to wrong person" thread. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭molard

is there any plans for marches in other cities.galway limerick,cork etc.if you don't trouble just walk away from it. why are the unions marching were they not in bed with ff.benchmarking etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭molard

i know we have to cut our cloth ect,.but did anyone see what mary was wearing at the press meeting tothat skirt was very short.

molard wrote: »
    i know we have to cut our cloth ect,.but did anyone see what mary was wearing at the press meeting tothat skirt was very short.

she might be a hooker on the side.. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

I feel sorry for the minimum wage earners just goes to show that fianna fails buddies ibec influenced that decision.
    2 days ago Gormless was saying he wanted to end the coalition with fianna fail and today he was standing shoulder to shoulder with Lenihan and Biffo. Both fianna fail and the vegtable party make me sick :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Spudmonkey

CamperMan wrote: »
    another waste of tax payers money

The cost of the texts or the cost of the juggling balls?? :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭freire

The ECB are desperate to stop the virus spreading to Portugal, Spain, Italy ect. So all the saps in government had to do was simple, grab them by the balls, tell them we're only paying 2% interest, or we're taking down the Euro and the EU with it. But of course they neither have balls or a spine for that matter.

Yep. But why even 2%?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭th3 s1aught3r

mikeym wrote: »
    I feel sorry for the minimum wage earners just goes to show that fianna fails buddies ibec influenced that decision.
    2 days ago Gormless was saying he wanted to end the coalition with fianna fail and today he was standing shoulder to shoulder with Lenihan and Biffo. Both fianna fail and the vegtable party make me sick :mad:

Its probably unique in politics where a party said that they were 'going to walk out' , just not right now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Maybe a politics mod could move this over to the politics foru.... oh

Spudmonkey wrote: »
    The cost of the texts or the cost of the juggling balls?? :)

both, but I was talking about the cost of sending the text messages... what next?, I suppose the knobs in FF will send us all a Christmas card..

"We wish you a miserable $hitty Christmas from all at FF"

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Ouchette

That wasn't joe blogs down the road taking out 1000, it was big companies and people with large deposits.

Also ordinary people who've already emigrated outside the Eurozone. No point in having your life savings protected if they're going to be worth f-all dollars and dollars are what you need to pay the rent, for example.

Just a matter of exchange rates...and people giving up hope of heading back to Ireland any time soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

I'm gutted for minimum wage earners. I think we'll start to see some real, proper poverty in this country ... along the lines you see in America and other large western countries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Can we not just force U2 to move home and tax them. Thats gotta be 2 or 3 billion straight away!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Sticky_Fingers

I signed up to their mailing list in GMIT a few years ago (they were giving out FF juggling balls to those who signed up).
    Perhaps you should give back the juggling balls, it seems Clowen and the rest of his freakshow will need other avenues of employment come next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

In all honestly, tell her to stick with a group that is more organised looking, possibly older in age (although thats no guarantee that they too won't start jumping fencing), stick with an organisation that has a better name - and if trouble starts, calmly walk away from it right away, no hesitation.

She's not going to demo but waiting round for and catching a bus on Eden Quay (actually on George's Quay) but that means her going down O'Connell St.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

I was so unbelievably angry today at this plan that was announced and we haven't even seen the budget yet. This country is going to be in extreme poverty soon.

What really grinds my gears is that the government are giving the people of this country the brunt of this mess without taking any cuts themselves. If the government truely cared about the country and its people they would do everything in their power to do everything that is needed to do to help, and do it as fairly as possible. I understand cuts and tax hikes is whats needed now but to only target certain people and not others. Unbeleivable. All they care about are themselves.

Tell me more about this protest saturday. Its in dublin. Where? Time?

I for one will be protesting. What I wrote earlier was out of pure frustration and anger. I do beleive violence and riots wont solve anything. We need people in large numbers to come out on saturday and protest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

It's a pity you can't text them back & tell them what a shower of assholes they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

ilovesleep wrote: »
    Tell me more about this protest saturday. Its in dublin. Where? Time?
    The only people who should attend that protest are the fools who voted FF three years ago. They should be ashamed of themselves. The rest of us knew FF were rubbish.

I feel sorry for those who have families to support. It will hit them the hardest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Joe10000

Hopefully everybody who can will turn up on Saturday, the bigger the better.

Was chatting to a couple of guards today and all leave has been cancelled for Saturday and the riot unit from every Dublin station is on standby for this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

I feel sorry for the IMF. Coming over here to advise the government on having a budget ASAP. Then the Greens pull out and everyone wants an election. We'll be even more of a joke when the next European country gets bailed out because we couldn't get the budget passed.

• Advertisement

freire wrote: »
    Yep. But why even 2%?

I totally agree but since the 'sheep' have walked us into it, they could at least try and turn a negative into a positive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

Anglo Irish, AIB and BOI collapses, they will default on their loans, if they do then the European central bank will be in serious trouble, wave goodbye to investors, the Euro would collapse and you would have a much worse situation than we have now

Correction, they would have a much worse situation.

Now is the time for big ****ing balls, not bending over and letting them give it to us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭limklad

I hope that FF are Taxed 1c per Text. It Should pay for their mess with the economy.

...they were giving out FF juggling balls to those who signed up...

Sounds like typically Fianna Fail management style alright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭HarryPotter41

whycliff wrote: »
    Everyone who is in a position to earn money should take a hit, not people who's hands are tied and cannot go out and earn.

If minimum wage is cut, you need extra money people can work extra hours, or a second job.

What can the OAP's do?

Give up the medical card, the free electricity, the free travel, the free tv licence, the free phone???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

Just got the following text message from the party bot (inb4 Mary Coughlan)

Bunch of bleeding chancers. Literally amazed that they try and spin the 4 year plan as something positive.

I'd text them back a picture of goatse so they could see the gaping hole they've made in the economy.

Im crying my eyes out here tonight. anybody else crying? the thought of being forced into poverty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Give up the medical card, the free electricity, the free travel, the free tv licence, the free phone???

You'll be old too some day.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Morebypasses

What a depressing day!!!! And when we look towards the opposition for hope what do we get. Enda flanked by Fine Gael TD’s who not so long ago said he was not up to the job!!! The current shower are totally incompetent but whats coming down the line aint much better!!! We are totally f....ed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You'll be old too some day.

Yeah but when i and the majority of users here on this forum reach old age we'd be taxed for being alive and old. just wait for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Xpro

Just think about it how much money goes to foreign nationals, living on dole and disabilities, rent allowances,etc.. If ireland stopped maintaining half the nigeria, and the rest,savings would be massive:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Surely your having a laugh, are your parents still alive? Or are they affluent enough to not worry about such minor details.

What a depressing day!!!! And when we look towards the opposition for hope what do we get. Enda flanked by Fine Gael TD’s who not so long ago said he was not up to the job!!! The current shower are totally incompetent but whats coming down the line aint much better!!! We are totally f....ed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bullies they are in government. pure bullies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭thebigbiffo

i take back everything i said earlier about not rioting...will someone please thrash jack o'connor, or at the very least make him stop. what a tool-box. you've got your deal jack and ye boys are laughing no less than any politician - now can we be spared the sob stories knowing that your members got the best deal??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

ilovesleep wrote: »
    Yeah but when i and the majority of users here on this forum reach old age we'd be taxed for be alive and old. just wait for it

What exactly will be taxed for being "alive and old"??

As i've said already , my father worked 50+ years of his life, rediculous hours to keep things ticking over. During proper hard times.
    Not during the current recession where people cant buy a new car every other year, or go on holiday every 3 months, or can only go out one night over the weekend instead of 3.

He's paid his dues, and so has most other OAP's. Let them enjoy there time left, however long or short it may be without having to worry about the bills will be paid.

• Advertisement
Advertisement