Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All your discussion on budget cuts / 4 year plan announcements today goes here.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭aine-maire

Nolanger wrote: »
    The only people who should attend that protest are the fools who voted FF three years ago. They should be ashamed of themselves. The rest of us knew FF were rubbish.

Why shouldn't others go? I don't understand why 'knowing' that FF were rubbish would make one less angry somehow. Or give one less of a right to protest. If anything, not having voted for them, wouldn't you be all the more angry?

Care to explain?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

Nice to see AH is being it's usual level headed self again.

I'm surprised by how toothless this plan ended up being.

"OH NOES, we're back to the dark days of the early 2000's, country = doomed" :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

You'll be old too some day.

No guarentee we'll be able to afford all that even in periods of growth by the time many of us are old.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Xpro wrote: »
    Just think about it how much money goes to foreign nationals, living on dole and disabilities, rent allowances,etc.. If ireland stopped maintaining half the nigeria, and the rest,savings would be massive:rolleyes:

The majority of Nigerians living in the state are asylum seekers who live on €19 a week.They cost the Irish state absolutely pittens. I think its best to point fingers at the property devlopers,corrupt politicans, speculators and bankers rather than those who are just trying desperately to build a better life for their families. Turning to racism is just what the government would want you to do in an economic crisis,really takes the blame of the real perpetrators

Maybe you should research the IMF's role in Structural Readjustment programmes in the former colonial world that have turned countrys like Nigeria into Loan repayment machines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

TV3 now MIDWEEK

Eddie Hobbs, Shane Ross and Ivan Yates discussing it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

Nice to see AH is being it's usual level headed self again.

I'm surprised by how toothless this plan ended up being.

"OH NOES, we're back to the dark days of the early 2000's, country = doomed" :rolleyes:

Except for back in the early 2000s there were jobs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭Gunsfortoys

Hands up who said they would welcome the IMF! Come on you know who you are!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

Xpro wrote: »
    Just think about it how much money goes to foreign nationals, living on dole and disabilities, rent allowances,etc.. If ireland stopped maintaining half the nigeria, and the rest,savings would be massive:rolleyes:

Glad to see you gave your own post the roll-eyes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Coming in at less than € 20/person, was all the anger, horror, fear and bullying over recent weeks really worth it? Come on Ireland, let's get on with it.

Put all the negativity aside and build the future now.:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭red menace

Woth a read, the denials are amazing

http://thestory.ie/2010/11/22/talking-points-in-time/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Hands up who said they would welcome the IMF! Come on you know who you are!:D

I'm surprised the Croke Park agreement is still in place :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

This is the bit they cut out of the 400 year plan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLA-4zZM0cI

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Ouchette wrote: »
    Also ordinary people who've already emigrated outside the Eurozone. No point in having your life savings protected if they're going to be worth f-all dollars and dollars are what you need to pay the rent, for example.

Just a matter of exchange rates...and people giving up hope of heading back to Ireland any time soon.

QFT. Last week I cried (at work, in front of people!) because I thought I would never be able to go home to live again. I was planning to move back in mid 2012 (I've been in New Zealand for 2 and a half years already)

This week I'm just relieved. Relieved I've already emigrated and have a good job, good friends and support here and permenant residency.

I still think I'll be able to come home one day - just not in 18 months. I'm ok with that now but is horrible to be far away from your friends and family and feel there is nothing there but them to go back to.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 donal_mcg

foxinsox wrote: »
    TV3 now MIDWEEK

Eddie Hobbs, Shane Ross and Ivan Yates discussing it..

Does anyone know a link I can get this on outside of ireland?

watna wrote: »
    QFT. Last week I cried (at work, in front of people!) because I thought I would never be able to go home to live again. I was planning to move back in mid 2012 (I've been in New Zealand for 2 and a half years already)

This week I'm just relieved. Relieved I've already emigrated and have a good job, good friends and support here and permenant residency.

I still think I'll be able to come home one day - just not in 18 months. I'm ok with that now but is horrible to be far away from your friends and family and feel there is nothing there but them to go back to.

Its heartbreaking being at home seeing family, friends and people i know get up and leave.

• Advertisement

wil wrote: »
    This is the bit they cut out of the 400 year plan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLA-4zZM0cI

I see what you've done there - 400 year plan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

I nearly ripped the radio out of the car on the way home but did ya hear the crap Brian Clown was on about !! We all need to pull together-cumbi-ya bullshíte, oh wait... here we go... ya know what fúck you buddy fúck you very much.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/divided-dail-unites-to-give-itself-a-pay-rise-2410792.html

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056083258

Cut back start inside that holiday home called The Dail Fail, shower of ****.

Chorcai wrote: »
    I nearly ripped the radio out of the car on the way home but did ya hear the crap Brian Clown was on about !! We all need to pull together-cumbi-ya bullshíte, oh wait... here we go... ya know what fúck you buddy fúck you very much.

Cut back start inside that holiday home called The Dail Fail, shower of ****.

Eh....what?

If FF get one seat in the coming election, it will be one seat too many imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭th3 s1aught3r

I would like to know if the politicians are planning to take their extended Christmas holidays this year, seeing as there will be one or two important matters to sort out ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

donal_mcg wrote: »

www.tv3.ie

not sure but might be on there :)

i'm watching it the old skool way = tv

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

You might have to wait for the catch up service. http://www.tv3.ie/ Whatever you do, don't believe the lies being spun on RTE.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 donal_mcg

foxinsox wrote: »
    www.tv3.ie

not sure but might be on there :)

i'm watching it the old skool way = tv[/QUOTE

Cheers but both RTE live and TV3 live aren't working for me tonight, possibly oversubscribed? Keep getting linked to a bloody coke ad on tv3 website

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭ellinguistico

Is there any possibility we can just say no to the IMF?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

panda100 wrote: »
    The majority of Nigerians living in the state are asylum seekers who live on €19 a week.They cost the Irish state absolutely pittens.

It's impossible for both those sentences to be true.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭figarofigaro

Where else would we get the scrilla though?

Yes. It's being talked about again recently on TV3 this afternoon. We really need to re-separate our sovereign debt from our private debt first. A general election is needed anyway before the budget.

We the people have no say. The government will just go along with whatever the IMF tell them. There is a growing consensus amongst observers that we should tell the IMF to get lost and take our chances with a default

Could the details in the four year plan be pretty much void in the new year, from what I heard today it has been suggested that the new govt will be in a position to negotiate the details within the plan with the ECB/IMF

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Could the details in the four year plan be pretty much void in the new year, from what I heard today it has been suggested that the new govt will be in a position to negotiate the details within the plan with the ECB/IMF

Yeah, after they take a loan to payback a bunch of private debt. Eh....... no thanks. I'll have a general election first before we're pushed into another blanket bailout style mess.

• Advertisement

squod wrote: »
    Yeah, after they take a loan to payback a bunch of private debt. Eh....... no thanks. 'l have a general election first before we're pushed into another blanket bailout style mess.

?

Thats a no then? They can't negotiate the terms withing the plan early next year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

?

Thats a no then? They can't negotiate the terms withing the plan early next year?

They can but there's not much point to it once the bailout is in place.

They can but there's not much point to it once the bailout is in place.

Just heard Kenny saying they we are not bound by it, is this basically pointless words from him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Rubik.

It is pretty much void now, the interest that will have to paid on the bailout wasn't included.

Rubik. wrote: »
    It is pretty much void now, the interest that will have to paid on the bailout wasn't included.

Seriously? Have heard conflicting things on this, sounds pretty mad if its not included.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭creativedrinker

They should add an extra cut back in,

Every td, past/present and future should have their shiney merc's and chauffeurs taken away!! If the IMF can walk around Dublin so can they!!

Over 4 years with all the cars they have and chauffeurs it wud add up to a lot of money! Give them a company car like everyone else and let them drive around

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

If the ECB are gonna try and play hardball with us regarding the reported 6% interest rate, can we tell them to piss off back to Frankfurt, negotiate our own deal with the IMF independent of Europe, and take things from there?

They should add an extra cut back in,

Every td, past/present and future should have their shiney merc's and chauffeurs taken away!! If the IMF can walk around Dublin so can they!!

Over 4 years with all the cars they have and chauffeurs it wud add up to a lot of money! Give them a company car like everyone else and let them drive around

I think they certainly need to be seen to be leading from the top.

I heard one of them say that as a citizen of the country these cuts impact on them.

Am I right in thinking that TD's can claim transport costs if they live outside of Dublin?

Vincent Brown on TV3 now should be good

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

I see that minister for Culture (Pat Carey) is back on it for more punishment - possibly from Rabbit again!

Tongue lashing part 2?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Rubik.

Seriously? Have heard conflicting things on this, sounds pretty mad if its not included.

Vincent Browne asked Brian Lenihan about this at the conference today and the answer was - no.

Introduce a special tax on all members of Fianna Fail . Called a Fail Tax

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

You should get the jist of it here.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkChjAW0E0E&NR=1

"You're gonna make a big speech are ya" :D:D:D

"You're gonna make a big speech are ya" :D:D:D
    Vincent doesn't beat around the bush does he?
    Right from the start!

MEOWWWWW :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

Will the Rabbitte maul the Carey again??? :eek:

Biggins wrote: »
    Vincent doesn't beat around the bush does he?
    Right from the start!

MEOWWWWW :pac:

It was just hilarious the casual way he said it, he sits back in his chair and quietly mutters "so you're gonna make a big speech are ya" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Just heard Kenny saying they we are not bound by it, is this basically pointless words from him?

Well I wouldn't say its completely pointless but once the bailout is applied we will have to make savage cuts, but FG could still rearrange where those cuts are applied, and FG intend to dismantle the HSE and FAS and many quangos, so under FG there would be the potential for cuts to the lowest paid to be eased up if FG choose to make changes.

When Carey started talking, ya can hear VB in the background
    sounded like : "Ah Jaysus" :D

Rabbit is sitting there blinking like Bagpuss! :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement