Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All your discussion on budget cuts / 4 year plan announcements today goes here.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

They should add an extra cut back in,

Every td, past/present and future should have their shiney merc's and chauffeurs taken away!! If the IMF can walk around Dublin so can they!!

Over 4 years with all the cars they have and chauffeurs it wud add up to a lot of money! Give them a company car like everyone else and let them drive around

I agree with this except for giving them a company car. let them use their own car. or better still use the bus. but then they might give themselves a free travel pass. or better still let them walk.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Carey keeps repeating the now standard FF waffle of "invest in employment, industry, etc..."
    The have been saying this for a long time now. Its the same bullschite and nothing new - and certainly absolutely feck all detail yet again!

Its all bloody generalisation PR spin and crap that would blow away with the slightest breeze!

* Sent another email into the show by the way! :D
    (Hopefully they will read that too!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭th3 s1aught3r

By the sounds of it they are all in Election mode now

By the sounds of it they are all in Election mode now
    The soundbites are coming thick and fast!

Have been crying all evening. Have been very sick vomiting tonight with stress and got the mother of all nosebleeds that wont stop. fcuk you very much fcukfail fcukers. hope to god i dont wake in the morning.

LOL Vincent is very cutting LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

What the **** does Vincent Browns pay have to do with the FF guy :mad::rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭Gunsfortoys

200,000 a year...

That FF guy is a disgrace :mad::mad::mad:

ilovesleep wrote: »
    Have been crying all evening. Have been very sick vomiting tonight with stress and got the mother of all nosebleeds that wont stop. fcuk you very much fcukfail fcukers. hope to god i dont wake in the morning.
    All joking aside, the wife is gone to bed early she is that angry at the whole mess and todays announcements.

I'm dreading budget day's announcements. she will be pulling the hair out of her head with stress further.
    (And I ain't joking!)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

VinB is gonna batter poor Carey

Absurdum wrote: »
    VinB is gonna batter poor Carey

:confused:

OPENROAD wrote: »

At least he went on the program. None of the rest of the spineless cretins went on. He is a vain ****er though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 587 ✭✭✭some_dose

While I won't disagree with Vincent's argument, this kind of berating is now pointless. It'll change nothing

It does make for interesting viewing though!

The most annoying thing is that they dont have any shame. They really dont see whats wrong with their salaries and expenses. And they made a mess of it and should all be SACKED WITHOUT ANY MORE PAY

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Ali Babba

Carey has some brass neck on him..........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭123balltv

get on your chariot Pat :mad: I hope you crash and burn 200k :mad:
    here baldy why dont you walk to work walk like the IMF
    please IMF take that money off him makes me sick they earn that much and they say minimum wage 8.65 is to high

At least he went on the program. None of the rest of the spineless cretins went on. He is a vain ****er though.
    This is true. I was surprised to see him back - never mind within a few days of the last lashing he got.

He reminds me of the Sadam's Minister for Information before the fall!
    A bumbling idiot spouting his leaders latest spin!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Ali Babba

The most annoying thing is that they dont have any shame. They really dont see whats wrong with their salaries and expenses. And they made a mess of it and should all be SACKED WITHOUT ANY MORE PAY

The f**kers should be sued for breach of contract, they were payed to do a job they didn't do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Biggins wrote: »
    All joking aside, the wife is gone to bed early she is that angry at the whole mess and todays announcements.

I'm dreading budget day's announcements. she will be pulling the hair out of her head with stress further.
    (And I ain't joking!)

We're all pretty pis*ed Biggins.

We may grit the teeth and get on with it. We cant give up.
    I love Ireland, I want to live in it, bring up my kids in it and grow old in it.
    And no Fianna Fail Gimp is going to drive me out of it.
    In fact, there going to drive me on further to be better.

some_dose wrote: »
    While I won't disagree with Vincent's argument, this kind of berating is now pointless. It'll change nothing

It does make for interesting viewing though!

No it isn't berating.

The guy is pointing out the ridiculous facts.

(And I ain't joking!)

Heres hoping ill be dead by budget day. really loving VB - get a taxi he says

:confused:

tongue in cheek, tongue in cheek

he is being torn to shreds :p

This is true. I was surprised to see him back - never mind within a few days of the last lashing he got.

He reminds me of the Sadam's Minister for Information before the fall!
    A bumbling idiot spouting his leaders latest spin!

I wonder whos Pat Carey pissed off so much that he has to be the FF punch bag :D

Thought that was funny - but we'd still be slapped with the expense bill of that ride too! :(

Feckers! :mad:

• Advertisement

tongue in cheek, tongue in cheek

he is being torn to shreds :p

I know :p

I wonder whos Pat Carey pissed off so much that he has to be the FF punch bag :D
    It must have been something very bad or he's into pain! :pac:

VinB is getting some stick on twitter...

FrankSunTimes Frank Fitzgibbon
    When Vincent Browne asks somebody what they earn and they reply with the gross figure he should do the same when providing his earnings

Vincent earns €54k after tax? Presents TV programme and has 2 national newspaper columns? He needs a new agent #vinb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

pat carey on vinb saying that hell give up the garda driver when the garda commisioner says its no longer nesacery either the commisioner is an idiot or pat carey is lieing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

disappointed the tds have left the studio, they all needed to be asked where they stood on the idea of a default and when they would do it.

• Advertisement

disappointed the tds have left the studio, they all needed to be asked where they stood on the idea of a default and when they would do it.
    Disappointed too. Very tame show tonight in comparison to other nights.

Disappointed too. Very tame show tonight in comparison to other nights.

Thing it was asked on Prime Time or the show before VB, think the opinion was we can't, certainly on sovereign debt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,750 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

VinB is getting some stick on twitter...

When Vincent Browne asks somebody what they earn and they reply with the gross figure he should do the same when providing his earnings

Vincent earns €54k after tax? Presents TV programme and has 2 national newspaper columns? He needs a new agent #vinb

VB's salary is completely irrelevant - he's paid by a private commercial station.

Carey had a cheek to ask him . Carey is paid by US, we have a right to know what he's being paid.

VB's salary is completely irrelevant - he's paid by a private commercial station.

Carey had a cheek to ask him . Carey is paid by the US, we have a right to know what he's being paid.

+1

was a bloody disgrace imo :mad::mad:

Carey had a cheek to ask him . Carey is paid by the US, we have a right to know what he's being paid.
    Indeed but some will always hope (FF!) that we are so stupid that we not kop that.
    Instead they will go for the blatant gloss over actual reality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Correction, they would have a much worse situation.

Now is the time for big ****ing balls, not bending over and letting them give it to us.

What do you suggest we do?

It would be a big problem for them, in turn making it a big problem for us ;)

Glad someone in the public eye is saying that this restructuring of the banks is a myth, because its a total charade, it won't happen.

Glad someone in the public eye is saying that this restructuring of the banks is a myth, because its a total charade, it won't happen.
    At best, its just window dressing or like a game of musical chairs.
    A lot of useless movement and everyone going around in circles ...but hey!!!
    ...FF thinks it looks good and we will be fooled!

What do you suggest we do?

It would be a big problem for them, in turn making it a big problem for us ;)

it's already a big problem for us though, Noonan on Prime Time offered a glimmer of hope imo

At best, its just window dressing or like a game of musical chairs.
    A lot of useless movement and everyone going around in circles ...but hey!!!
    ...FF thinks it looks good and we will be fooled!

That's what the whole thing is. FF are hoping that the bailout will stand up long enough for them to get out of office and then they'll scapegoat FG/Lab when they inevitably default.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

http://i.imgur.com/7OMW4.gif

Guys is that true about the Interest payments?

Carey had a cheek to ask him . Carey is paid by US, we have a right to know what he's being paid.

Im glad he asked him and even happier that vinb responded, the face on carey when vinb said he earned 54k after tax. Garda cars, 200k the whole system needs to change!!

Not one fianna fail minister has declared they are taking a pay cut and they have no problem cutting social welfare and minimum wage!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Guys is that true about the Interest payments?

Apparently when the 6% figure was mentioned it wasn't relating to the IMF bailout it was relating to our existing debt. No one really knows though.

steddyeddy wrote: »
    ...Not one fianna fail minister has declared they are taking a pay cut and they have no problem cutting social welfare and minimum wage!
    Don't forget, they just gave themselves increases! Massive increases in cases!
    See: http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056083258

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭HarryPotter41

whycliff wrote: »
    Surely your having a laugh, are your parents still alive? Or are they affluent enough to not worry about such minor details.

My mother had all those entitlements while she was alive and was living very adequately. She could certainly have managed without €5 per week of her pension. The idea that the pensioners of this country are somehow living in penury and can't contribute is ludicrous. I have no problem with them having the freebies, but they also have what is now a substantial sum in a pension as well and as has been said here, everyone has to do their bit here.

I didnt forget. exactly why im marching saturday

Im glad he asked him and even happier that vinb responded, the face on carey when vinb said he earned 54k after tax. Garda cars, 200k the whole system needs to change!!

Not one fianna fail minister has declared they are taking a pay cut and they have no problem cutting social welfare and minimum wage!

Richard Bruton has said they need to take a pay cut, anybody else?

I didnt forget exactly why im marching saturday
    See you there!

• Advertisement

I am not convinced an election sorts all this out either. I dont think FG/lab will reform the way the public sector and government is run to be honest :(

Advertisement