Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Yuck!!! Naas Hospital.

• 24-11-2010 11:00am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭

Went to Naas Hosp the other evening to visit a family member. Had phoned in advance and was told that she was in the Moat ward. Went to the Nurses station to enquire as to which room she was in. 3 nurses at the station, 2 of them busy talking to people, the other nurse was sitting at the desk.......picking her nose!!!!! And continued to do so as I was talking to her!!!

Now when I say picking her nose, I mean really, really picking it. Her finger was right up her nostril, getting a good scoop, and rolling the invader down to the exit, whereby she managed to grab it between her thumb and index finger, then withdrew, and pointed towards the room that my relative was in!!!! and all this while she was talking to me!!!

I was disgusted, and was on the verge of saying "there's no hurry, finish picking you nose first", but decided against it, as I probably would have blown a fuse.

To make matters worse, within 5 minutes, she came in to check on my elderly relative, and even held her hand!! I couldn't see if the invader was still stuck to her finger, or maybe she just flicked it across the floor.

How the hell did she become a nurse without understanding basic hygiene????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

your first mistake was going into naas :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

How the hell did she become a nurse without understanding basic hygiene????

She could have sanitised her hands before entering the wards. Feck it, there's worse on doctors ties than up a nurses nose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,274 ✭✭✭_feedback_

I was disgusted, and was on the verge of saying "there's no hurry, finish picking you nose first", but decided against it, as I probably would have blown a fuse.

Good move. It's always much better to post afterwards on an internet forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

^ she might even read it herself! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Out of all the hospitals in the area you seem to have got the pick of the bunch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,523 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

a clean nose is important you know, especially in a hospital!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

It snot that bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Had phoned in advance and was told that she was in the Moat ward.

Did they make you go through a portcullis?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jimthemental

I don't see what the big tissue is here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Ecoli, antibiotic resistant germs, and super bugs, how many thousand xrays not liked at in Tallaght, and your worried about about a few boogers?

Death certificate, cause of death; choked on a greener?

as previously said though, worse things on doctors garments ffs!

• Advertisement
Advertisement