Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No beer in Aldi Cahir

Options
  • 24-11-2010 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭

Anyone know why alcohol is not being sold in the new Aldi store in Cahir. Maybe the proximity of Dolans Super Valu?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 PulsarEagle2010

Because Mr Dolan himself put in an objection against it

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭dirtydiesel

On what grounds did Mr Dolan base his objection? isnt Tesco supposed to be building a store on the old co-op site, wonder how he feels about that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

No Beer !! that's a disgrace :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭JabbaTheHut

Yeah, heard myself that Dolan put in an objection, but don't know if it's true. Does that mean that beer will never be sold there, or is it just on hold for the moment? It'd be a sickner if it never does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

Why don't ye ask the manager next time ye go in there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Because Mr Dolan himself put in an objection against it

Ha ha. I heard that rumour goin around, but me Ma was talking to one of the staff in Aldi and they said that they were too late applying for the licence to sell beer. They have Wine there now, but not sure about the beer situation. Should be the same beers as Clonmel once it gets goin.

Advertisement