Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pike fishing on the boyne

Options
  • 24-11-2010 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭

Folks,
    A long time a ago I used to fish for bream on a stretch of the Boyne above old bridge it’s near an old derelict manor house and you had to drive across farm land to get to it. I was thinking of taking up fishing again and maybe giving pike fishing ago as well. A pike had grabbed a hooked fish there one. Can anybody able to say if you are still allowed to course fish there and if pike fishing is worthwhile? Has access to the land changed? The stretch was controlled Rossin, Slane & District Anglers Club I think

(mods is I'm giving away something I shouldn't the edit this please)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭ironbluedun

The stretch was controlled Rossin, Slane & District Anglers Club I think

If you are talking about the curly hole fishery down stream to Oldbridge it is still controlled by Rossin and Slane.
    The Boyne is not a prolific pike river, i would not think there are too many pike around there. To locate them you would have to go upstream possibly around stackallen you might get some there. But you need to check permissions to fish on the Boyne most of it is controlled by clubs or private fisheries.

If you are after pike look elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

If you are talking about the curly hole fishery down stream to Oldbridge it is still controlled by Rossin and Slane.
    The Boyne is not a prolific pike river, i would not think there are too many pike around there. To locate them you would have to go upstream possibly around stackallen you might get some there. But you need to check permissions to fish on the Boyne most of it is controlled by clubs or private fisheries.

If you are after pike look elsewhere.

No found the name of the place it's Glenmore it's slow water with lot's of bream, perch and possibly roach/rudd. I was reeling in a pearch there about fiften year ago and it was grabbed by a good size pike, about 8 pounds or more so there must be something there.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭gary29428

Slightly unrelated but got bust off by a pike in front of the pump house at the bottom of flower hill where the Blackwater meets the Boyne in Navan when I was 10 nearly 30yrs ago. I caught a 22lb pike two weeks later in the same spot on a devon minnow and the copper spoon I had lost was in her mouth... Was delighted, I only had two baits back then.

Advertisement