Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wondering about so called racist incidents?

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

Spacedog wrote: »
    approxamately 10% of any population or demographic are complete a$sholes.

While Id go along with the general thrust of what youre saying Id take issue with your 10% figure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Wicklowrider

Gyalist wrote: »
    I guess the middle-aged guy who shouted "****ing monkey" and spat in my direction yesterday morning as I exited the bank was just indulging in the famed Irish wit and banter and that I was overly sensitive and have a chip on my shoulder for having interpreted his actions as being racist.

After reading this thread, consider me disabused of the idea that there is racism in Ireland.

Then you have misunderstood what the thread was originally about. I am genuinely sorry that you experienced this abuse.TBH I've had my own share of abuse over the years and there isn't really anywhere I can even complain about it. If being spat at and called a name was the worst of it I'd be alright. My original question was based on abuse I've encountered from foreign nationals and it has been answered.
    thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Wicklowrider

Mike 1972 wrote: »
    Wondering ??? Sounds like youve already made up your mind !
    Did you bother reading the thread at all?
    I have acknowledged that the data presented does not suggest that complaints have been misrepresented. I asked a question and it was answered.

Advertisement