Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Underworld on the RDS :)

Options
  • 24-11-2010 1:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭

When underworld requested to go back to their roots and do a show in a quirky warehouse type project for Dublin , The classic warehouse feel and character of the RDS left no challengers .

Underworld Release ;
    "We want to bring an old Skool Party vibe on our next tour and re create the magic of when we first took to the road . Along with showcasing our New Album , Which we are very exited about , We plan to bring in a bit of Nostalgia and take a trip down Memory Lane to bring us back to the early warehouse parties . When we saw the pictures of the RDS , We felt it was a perfect fit and the production for this tour will absolutely set this classic style venue off . "

The Production team have gone all out for this show to make it a very special occasion and have come up with some very clever ideas to turn the RDS , Simmoncourt into a time capsule of the Ware house parties of the 80's and 90s glory years of Dance Music .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Sheebs

Sounds brilliant :D

Really looking forward to the weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,333 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Gig of the year for me!!! What a brilliant night, atmosphere was unreal. It really did feel like a warehouse rave. I'd go there to see them again tonight if they were there.

When they let rip with their big tunes the place went spastic. Shouting Lager Lager Lager Lager Shouting Mega Mega White Thing....... YEEEHAAAAA!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

i wonder is there a set-list knocking about?

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Colostomy Bag

Unfortunately we arrived late - around 9.20pm just before 'Two Months Off (You bring Light in) came on. Anyone recall the first tracks played? Wanted to hear Beautiful Burnout - but didn't get to hear that one...
    How were the support acts? Any good?
    Certainl did remind me of ten years ago (or more) - a few mashed heads about the place alright...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭515 tripod

Unfortunately we arrived late - around 9.20pm just before 'Two Months Off (You bring Light in) came on. Anyone recall the first tracks played? Wanted to hear Beautiful Burnout - but didn't get to hear that one...
    How were the support acts? Any good?
    Certainl did remind me of ten years ago (or more) - a few mashed heads about the place alright...

The first track was Downpipe :)

• Advertisement

Any idea what the songs after that were?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

was Moaner played?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,333 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Yep - Moaner was the last track as far as I know (or second last one). Anyone know if Beautiful burnout was played near the beginning?
    Was **** Robot (support) any good?

Advertisement