Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mr Slow: The Return

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

I'll jog round with you if you like, not interested in racing it at the moment but will go as i'm signed up. Wasn't going to finish today but as i have never done a DNF, i became quite stubborn and finished.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

chinguetti wrote: »
    I'll jog round with you if you like, not interested in racing it at the moment but will go as i'm signed up. Wasn't going to finish today but as i have never done a DNF, i became quite stubborn and finished.

Must of been SUCH a chore for you that sub 20 :rolleyes:

Bet you run Mallow and beat menopause. Sure aren't all yer races just a speed session? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

mrslow wrote: »
    Thank you for your entry to the Cork Marathon. We'll be in touch with you again to notify you of your Race Number

Cork City Marathon
    Cork City Marathon - 6th June 2011

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Horay! I knew you'd crack! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

jcsmum wrote: »
    Horay! I knew you'd crack! :D

Digger's on the brink too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

chinguetti wrote: »

Don't make me stick up the picture of the last time you 'jogged around' a race.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I think RK should simply model them for our amusement.:D
    Oddly enough, despite my hatred of the colour pink, they will now match both my training and racing shoes :pac:

Oddly enough, despite my hatred of the colour pink, they will now match both my training and racing shoes :pac:

Stay at the bar with Meno on Sunday and come Monday morning, your eyes will match too!:D

Digger's on the brink too!

Can we push him over the edge?

Met him for coffee this morning and gave him the P&D schedule, I'd say he's in alright!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

A little circle of pushers and junkies :rolleyes: :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

RayCun wrote: »

I gave them their first hit through the novices thread last year... I feel so guilty. :pac:

Now who was it said to me 'Get thee to this thread' which launched me into DCM training after 3 months of running?:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Thank you for your entry to the Cork Marathon. We'll be in touch with you again to notify you of your Race Number

Cork City Marathon
    Cork City Marathon - 6th June 2011

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Woohoohoo! I suppose I'll owe you the rear end of a few painful LSRs... Only if you promise to cry though!!

claralara wrote: »
    Woohoohoo! I suppose I'll owe you a painful rear end... Only if you promise to cry though!!

What do you think happened on your runs?:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

What do you think happened on your runs?:eek:

I'm not sure if I was ever lucid enough to be able to give a proper answer to that. I blame you and your muscle failure fuels!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Not sure that would take much ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Woohoohoo! I suppose I'll owe you the rear end though!!

Dear God......:eek:

I'm not sure if I was ever lucid enough to be able to give a proper answer to that. I blame you and your muscle failure fuels!

Yes you've got me, I slipped you a narcotic and instead of taking advantage of you I made you run for miles and miles, a deviant am I:D

This was supposed to be 10 x 9min miles - note to self: Rage against the machine and 9 min miles don't go together, have to download some Neil Diamond or the like.

10.17miles in 1:25:52

With the exception of mile 3 I think I ran each mile faster than the last while telling myself to slow down :rolleyes: even finishing the last bit @ 6:30 pace. Really enjoyed this run though but the knees are starting to wonder where all this mileage has come from.:eek:

Woohoohoo! I suppose I'll owe you the rear end though!!

Ah, I'm good thanks ask Digger.;)

• Advertisement

This was supposed to be 10 x 9min miles - note to self: Rage against the machine and 9 min miles don't go together, have to download some Neil Diamond or the like.

10.17miles in 1:25:52

With the exception of mile 3 I think I ran each mile faster than the last while telling myself to slow down :rolleyes: even finishing the last bit @ 6:30 pace. Really enjoyed this run though but the knees are starting to wonder where all this mileage has come from.:eek:

Crikey, nice pace there!

Crikey, nice pace there!

Thanks K, I need to slow down on those runs though.

Thanks K, I need to slow down on those runs though.

You really do. No point in doing your best runs in training. If you want to run fast, run some intervals and run really fast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

You really do. No point in doing your best runs in training. If you want to run fast, run some intervals and run really fast.

+1, Ray is the real apprentice ;)

menoscemo wrote: »

:cool::D
    ... and don't think I haven't noticed that this whole 'Cork marathon' thing is very conveniently timed to avoid a smackdown in Dunshaughlin....

Ah I wasn't flat out, it was pretty comfortable, I just picked it up at the end. Mallow will be flat out though :eek:

menoscemo wrote: »

Is that cause he's starting to tell people what to do?:P
    :cool::D
    ... and don't think I haven't noticed that this whole 'Cork marathon' thing is very conveniently timed to avoid a smackdown in Dunshaughlin....

I'm hoping to still do myself justice.

Was supposed to be doing a tempo run tonight but with a few VO2 Max sessions coming up I wanted a reasonably accurate idea of my 5k time, I was certainly pushing on this run but never felt like it was getting away from me and I managed to improve on my New Year's Day 5k time by 35 seconds which can't be bad.

2 mile warm up and 1.5 mile cool down with 5k @ 22:10 in the middle.

Met up with Spaghetti, Menopause, RK, Digger and Claralara bright and early after being robbed of a precious hours' sleep, it has to be noted here that Claralara arrived dressed for a nightclub leading to suspicion she hadn't made it home after a boozy session.

After a relatively uneventful train journey (3 fat Americans with overweight suitcases and an unhappy trolley dolley wearing a shirt 4 sizes too small for her - which was not good) we arrived in the heaving metropolis of Mallow.

Fast forward to the race and the gun goes off, it takes a few seconds to get across the start line and I'm disappointed that there's no mat, I was feeling less than 100% lashing along at 7:15 pace after the 2nd mile marker but told myself I'd settle in soon when Chinguetti appeared with a 'Howya Boss', he soon left me behind and I was looking forward to getting to the water station at the halfway mark to pop a gel, it surprised me at around 4 miles and I frantically rummaged through my Batman utility belt to find it. I managed to lash down 2 cups of water and was off again. At the halfway mark the brain was not working and I was trying to understand how my pacing could have been so off, I, for a moment thought I should have been at 35mins at the 5 mile mark and it was only when I passed the 10k mark in 46 mins that I knew I was still on track for a sub 75. I started passing people at about the 7 mile marker and this continued right to the finish, there was a bit of a rise coming onto the final mile and it was tough going but I managed to stay on pace. I didn't leave anything on the course and was pretty spent by the time I crossed the line in....drum roll...
    74:22:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement

Fantastic time, delighted for you! :D

Advertisement