Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mr Slow: The Return

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

menoscemo wrote: »
    Fair play, at least you got through it. Looks like you had to go off in a tangent to make up the last mile after you got to the top of the kyber? If so, that'll stand to you in terms of mental toughness. It would have been so much easier to just go back to the car once you got up the kyber.

Thanks N, I had to run down Chesterfield with my Garmin pressed up against my nose so I'd know exactly when to turn around, My apple and banana (not Digger's) were calling me from the car so running in the opposite direction didn't come naturally.
    chinguetti wrote: »
    I wouldn't be keen on trying to simulate the latter part of a marathon too much. It may take your body a while to recover from it so it might be something to go easy on or at least not do it too often.

I've only one paced long run left in the program 15 with 12 @ pace, I'm going to take a gel at the latter stages of the 20 milers for the reason you're pointing out, but if I take them everytime, I won't make that crucial physiological advancement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

mrslow wrote: »
    My banana (not Digger's) were calling me from the car so running in the opposite direction didn't come naturally.

Lady Chatterly's name was on the banana this morning...Sorry Dude!

digger2d2 wrote: »
    Lady Chatterly's name was on the banana this morning...Sorry Dude!

When I parked it took me a while to see ye in the car what with all the steam.:eek:

When I parked it took me a while to see ye in the car what with all the steam.:eek:

:D I think it was the refried beans she had last night.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

I didn't eat very much last night (wasn't feeling great) and this was my first long run without gels and boy was I aware of it. Hit a few flat spots and almost died on the kyber but that was the whole purpose of the run, to simulate the latter stages of the marathon. Found this tougher than expected but job done.

Some people say, simulate the marathon in training, get your body used to it.
    Others say, you don't want your run to take so much out of you that your training for the rest of the week is ****ed up.
    I guess you're about to find out which group is right :D

• Advertisement

RayCun wrote: »
    Others say, you don't want your run to take so much out of you that your training for the rest of the week is ****ed up.

A. The right splitters

B. The wrong splitters

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

People's Front of Judaea... Judaean People's Front... :pac:

People's Front of Judaea... Judaean People's Front... :pac:

''He's not a runner, he's a very naughty boy''!

I'm fine now, it was just a tough run. On another day it may not have been so hard. I deliberately ran the hilly side of the park in the second half to push myself but my fitness is currently quite good so although my legs are a bit tired they're not wasted and I reckon I'll be good as new tomorrow.

By the way, is it your week to tell me not to overtrain or vice versa?;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

'What about that juniper banana tree over there?'

• Advertisement

By the way, is it your week to tell me not to overtrain or vice versa?;)

Oh, I'm not telling you it was overtraining - some people do swear by running lean (I think Oisinrandomnumbers often runs without taking on water either :eek:) and if it works for you, cool. I can't say I'm eager to try it myself though

It probably is your week to tell me not to overtrain - I've been sneezing the last couple of days and coughing most of today, but I'll still be running 7 miles tomorrow (or more likely 10)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Most people would have respected what was essentially a 'do not disturb' sign... Meno's swinging stories clearly ignited a bit of curiousty in you!

claralara wrote: »
    Most people would have respected what was essentially a 'do not disturb' sign... Meno's swinging stories clearly ignited a bit of curiousty in you!
    :D

If you're at it in broad daylight in the park, you're there for people to watch. In saying that, somethings you just don't need to see.:eek:

If you're at it in broad daylight in the park, you're there for people to watch. In saying that, somethings you just don't need to see.:eek:

Two good looking people with crooked noses just get drawn together.....It's a force outside of the control of Buzz Lightyear and Lance Armstrong (first two people to land on the Moon)....Let alone mere mortals...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Two good looking people with crooked noses just get drawn together.....It's a force outside of the control of Buzz Lightyear and Lance Armstrong (first two people to land on the Moon)....Let alone mere mortals...

Didn't Sir Trevor McDonald and Nelson Mandela also land on the moon?;)

That's not what I heard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

No, they're the guys who got on a plane to Timbuktu and ended up in Windy Arbour!

Two good looking people

If it wasn't you then who was she in the car with?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Well done on yesterday's LSR - you really pushed yourself!

On a side note, I am going to refrain from commenting on the non-running reports from yesterday! :D

• Advertisement

jcsmum wrote: »
    On a side note, I am going to refrain from commenting on the non-running reports from yesterday! :D

So now we know who was in the car!

Well done on yesterday's LSR - you really pushed yourself!

Thanks K.

If that was the case Ray, wild horses wouldn't have dragged me away from that car window ;)

Good for you K, what goes in the car stays in the car....Now we just need funpark to adopt the same stance....;)

In my defence, I wasn't even in the county yesterday. Nice try guys! :P

In my defence, I wasn't even in the county yesterday :P

You don't need to be.....:D

You don't need to be.....:D

insert tumbleweed passing through this post....... :rolleyes:

2.35 miles, had planned 5 but I developed a bruise on the inside of my left foot on Sunday (runners were too tight) and I decided to pull up and let it go away over the next day or so. Will test the uisce on Wednesday night.

9.73 Miles in 1:20:13

3 mile warm up followed by 5 miles at sub 7:30 with a slow 1.73 mile warm down, the last 1.5miles of the tempo was an effort, tough day yesterday took it's toll, tomorrow's 11 @ 9 - 9:15 pace will be a welcome canter before Sunday's 20 in hilly Howth.

9.73 Miles in 1:20:13

3 mile warm up followed by 5 miles at sub 7:30 with a slow 1.73 mile warm down, the last 1.5miles of the tempo was an effort, tough day yesterday took it's toll, tomorrow's 11 @ 9 - 9:15 pace will be a welcome canter before Sunday's 20 in hilly Howth.

mmmm you never mentioned you were doing 20! I'm aiming for 16 or so....

• Advertisement

mmmm you never mentioned you were doing 20! I'm aiming for 16 or so....

Spaghetti's doing 15/16, I'm going to get a few miles done before he arrives.

Advertisement