Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mr Slow: The Return

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

mrslow wrote: »
    Spaghetti's doing 15/16, I'm going to get a few miles done before he arrives.

Go easy on Spag Bol...He's exhibiting separation anxiety with Moanapause heading to King Conn......

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

10.5 miles in 1:29:16

My quads were suffering a touch of DOMS from last nights run, day of rest tomorrow and the big 2 zero on Sunday, I'll sleep tonight.

10.5 miles in 1:29:16

My quads were suffering a touch of DOMS from last nights run, day of rest tomorrow and the big 2 zero on Sunday, I'll sleep tonight.

Good run Dude....

Met Spaghetti at 10 in Howth and after a short debate about parking we were off, the sun was splitting the stones and I was guzzling my Lucozade Sport from the off, he had mentioned a hill after 2 miles or so but I couldn't have imagined what he had in mind - 407 ft of a hill, that coupled with the heat put paid to my 20 mile plans and I was glad to get back to the car after 15.97 Miles in 2:26:42 when I got home my calf had tightened up dramatically, pulling a ligament across my knee :eek:, lots of Tiger balm and Grid rolling had it relieved, I'm going to have to start doing that everyday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

I told you it was Howth Hill during the week so u can't say you weren't aware of it. Tis the hell of the north side for the day thats in it:D

You'll be glad to know my right knee is like a balloon here at present so it wasn't all fun for me either.

• Advertisement

chinguetti wrote: »
    I told you it was Howth Hill during the week so u can't say you weren't aware of it. Tis the hell of the north side for the day thats in it:D

You'll be glad to know my right knee is like a balloon here at present so it wasn't all fun for me either.

I thought that was anywhere over the Liffey.....;)

Sorry to hear that Chief! Don't forget I'm a mere country boy and Howth Hill to me could have been a speed bump!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Just glad I didn't join you guys.

Whoever suggested running was a low cost sporting pursuit didn't have my biomechanics, my latest investment is 'The Stick'. It hurts like a mofo!:eek:

Whats a mofo so i can be down with the young folk? If its what i think it means, i'm shocked:eek:

• Advertisement

Whats a mofo so i can be down with the young folk? If its what i think it means, i'm shocked:eek:

Then you'd be right and accidentally 'Down with the young folk', might I remind you though, I'm not too far behind you :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Whoever suggested running was a low cost sporting pursuit didn't have my biomechanics

Nor mine! :eek:

Nor mine! :eek:

It makes us all the better than these gifted types :P

Gifted my left calf. No pain, no gain

Gifted my left calf. No pain, no gain

Don't worry, you're in our club given your history with deadly bathrooms and parked vans :P

Don't worry, you're in our club given your history with deadly bathrooms and parked vans :P

Correction, the van was moving at the time

Really enjoyed this run, between physio the other night, the stick, a barrell of Tiger Balm and some bruising my right calf muscle is behaving again. I used the stick on every accessible muscle I have (don't do it Digger) and was amazed at how limber I felt afterwards, I used it then before my run and from the first few steps I felt as if I was fully warmed up and everything was very fluid.

12 Miles in 1:38 average pace 8:11 min miles.

nice run, very impressive.
    What are the chances he won't comment :rolleyes::)

jcsmum wrote: »
    nice run, very impressive.
    What are the chances he won't comment :rolleyes::)

Thanks K, it's too easy, surely he'll let it go?

he'll let it go alright, straight into the gutter! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

All those double meanings must be making him go mad trying to write funny replies. I think thats what keeping him from replying.

12 Miles in 1:38 average pace 8:10 min miles.

That's a fantastic training run Dude....

@ mrslow, jcsmum and spagbol - I won't get drawn into your silly games.....(mrslow, hope all those muscles are well and truly kneaded, even the small one):D

digger2d2 wrote: »
    That's a fantastic training run Dude....

@ mrslow, jcsmum and spagbol - I won't get drawn into your silly games.....(mrslow, hope all those muscles are well and truly kneaded, even the small one):D

Thanks Dude and speak for yourself :P

Thanks Dude and speak for yourself :P

As I always say...I have a left leg, a right leg and a little something in between ;):D

No run last night due to vicious case of man flu, taking every old and new remedy to shift it before tomorrow's LSR.:eek:

In an effort to sweat out whatever this illness is that's killing me softly, I headed out into the warm sun and boy did I sweat :eek:

5 miles at 8:00 pace

Feel about 80% now as opposed to 10% this morning.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I was up and ready to go this morning, seriously, then I remembered the London marathon was on so I watched that instead. :pac:

I was up and ready to go this morning, seriously, then I remembered the London marathon was on so I watched that instead. :pac:

If I said I believed you I'd give everyone else the impression that I'm gullible ;)

Had a great run this morning with really nice entertaining company, Digger was also there;), Didn't have any low spots to speak of, took a gel when we kicked off and another at 12 miles but other than a few brief moments of 'I hope this doesn't last' it was a solid run right through and I finished knowing there were a few more there for the taking if I wanted. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

20.53 miles in 3:14:59 average pace 9:30

• Advertisement

Advertisement