Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mr Slow: The Return

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

Was dreading next week's tempo run which is 12 miles with 7 @ threshold pace but accidentally ended up running 9 of tonight's 12 @ the slower end of my threshold pace. When I say accidentally I mean this was one of those blissful runs where everything just falls into place, it only felt like work in the last mile and a half.

12.01 miles in 1:34:59 average pace of 7:54 plus .5 of a mile waiting for my Garmin to link up.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

mrslow wrote: »
    Was dreading next week's tempo run which is 12 miles with 7 @ threshold pace but accidentally ended up running 9 of tonight's 12 @ the slower end of my threshold pace. When I say accidentally I mean this was one of those blissful runs where everything just falls into place, it only felt like work in the last mile and a half.

12.01 miles in 1:34:59 average pace of 7:54 plus .5 of a mile waiting for my Garmin to link up.:D

Jaybus.....I'm definitely going to have to buy a bike now to keep up with you...:eek: Assume that means you're not doing 12 in the park on Friday?

digger2d2 wrote: »
    Jaybus.....I'm definitely going to have to buy a bike now to keep up with you...:eek: Assume that means you're not doing 12 in the park on Friday?

Thanks Dude.

I'm doing 10 on Friday, Meno and Chinguetti are coming too. It will include 5 x 1,000m @ 7 min miles. Sunday will be 15 with 12 @ 8:30.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Good God, that is some pace! Go you! :)

jcsmum wrote: »
    Good God, that is some pace! Go you! :)

Thanks Missus, will we see you in the park this weekend?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Going to Kerry tomorrow evening, so hope to do my LSR tomorrow am.
    22 miles (nah, only joking! :D)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Thanks Dude.

No I won’t be joining you in the park for 12 slow miles on Friday. I’m aiming to be a sub3 marathon runner you know. And training with you just isn’t going to cut it no more. I’ve got new friends. Fast friends. You’re dumped!:)

Ouch!

Met up with Meno, Chinguetti, Brian and Raccoon Queen for 10.3 miles with 5 x 1k's @ 7 min miles, I'm still not 100% and was expecting to suffer on the speed session but didn't, even stretching out a touch faster in the last 100m of the last repeat. Average pace for the repeats - 6:50 min miles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

Seriously man, you could have gone 10-15 secs faster per rep. Time to raise those bars a little i think.

Seriously man, you could have gone 10-15 secs faster per rep. Time to raise those bars a little i think.

Oh! the pressure....;)

I'd still be 'nowhere' though ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Theres a great hilly 1k route over by the magazine fort. Do it there next time! :pac:

Theres a great hilly 1k route over by the magazine fort. Do it there next time! :pac:

Pain is Chinguetti's friend, not mine! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Yes, all your future VO2 max sessions are to be done at a minimum of 6:30/mile pace. I want to hear reports of you puking after the third rep and still digging out another 3 reps afterwards :pac:

menoscemo wrote: »
    Yes, all your future VO2 max sessions are to be done at a minimum of 6:30/mile pace. I want to hear reports of you puking after the third rep and still digging out another 3 reps afterwards :pac:

As much as I like to please, would that not indicate a sub 20 5k?

As much as I like to please, would that not indicate a sub 20 5k?

6:30 is just outside 20 minutes, probably about 20'20- 20'30 I guess (when I went 19:45 in rathfarnham the av pace was 6:19). I think you are easily in shape to run a 5k well below 21 minutes at the moment, and yes you could and should be fit for sub 20 in a few months time.

6:30 is just outside 20 minutes, probably about 20'20- 20'30 I guess (when I went 19:45 in rathfarnham the av pace was 6:19). I think you are easily in shape to run a 5k well below 21 minutes at the moment, and yes you could and should be fit for sub 20 in a few months time.

Ok boss, 3 more sessions on the plan building to 3 x 1 mile repeats at puking and crying pace!

Bring popcorn!

Ger664 posted about this on another thread, you are all probably already on this as I'm always the last to know but this is worth a look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Jeez Dude....You are becoming a speed machine.....;)

digger2d2 wrote: »
    Jeez Dude....You are becoming a speed machine.....;)

When I can run that pace in a marathon, then I'll agree;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

He may as well have been walking at that pace, according to Brian.

• Advertisement

He may as well have been walking at that pace, according to Brian.

Walking pace for Brian you mean!

Off out into the countryside for this one, singing away with my ipod unhindered, struggled to stay around 9 min miles and picked it up in the last mile.

5.96 miles in 52:09 average pace 8:45

Met Chinguetti, Digger, Brian, the Vaggabond and a 2 wheeled Claralara who arrived in a monster of a vehicle.

This was a tough run for two reasons, I messed up taking my gel and instead of taking half with some water and then the rest with the remainder of the water I took the gel whole and after a sentence or two of jabber, took in the water and paid for it for two miles on the brink of getting sick. Secondly I ran too hard during the week had to skip a day and squeeze in 31 miles over 3 days. Lesson learned!

14.72 miles in 2:05:47, overall pace 8:32 min miles

Thanks to Chinguetti for just staying with me for the last 2 miles and to Claralara for cycling back to take from him for the last half mile or so.

Total for the week:
    43.2 miles

12 @ 7:55
    10.3 with 5 x 1k @ 6:50
    6 recovery with a stretch at the end
    14.72 @ 8:32

Jebus, Mr.Slow, you are getting this all wrong. I told you I wanted reports of you getting sick on your VO2 max sessions, not your LSR's :pac:

Seriously though, Kudos for gutting (:p) that out, sounded like a tough one but you finished well. I Hope Claralara was going a bit faster on her bike than you guys were running though. 8:30/mile pace will not do in a duathlon!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Good job on finishing it out, it will stand to you and enjoy the rest day as they were 3 tough runs in a row. The rolling pin of yours is the right job, you'll be on commission after today.

Cycle girl was wondering around on the bike, looking for food and telling us about her drinking in the last few days. So really, it was the same as when she was running.:D

The bike was small compared to the hummer she arrived in. Bloody hell, its putting a hole in the ozone on its own.

chinguetti wrote: »
    The bike was small compared to the hummer she arrived in. Bloody hell, its putting a hole in the ozone on its own.

I suppose someone had to make up for my absence ;)

Enjoy my rest? I'm obsessed! I was out in the car a while ago looking wistfully at everyone out running. I have a problem methinks.:)

chinguetti wrote: »

I wonder how big Daddy's car is?:eek:

I suppose someone had to make up for my absence ;)

Well i hate to say this but she never mentioned you bro.:o

• Advertisement

I wonder how big Daddy's car is?:eek:

That was Daddy's car i think or was it the run around?

Advertisement