Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mr Slow: The Return

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

chinguetti wrote: »
    Well i hate to say this but she never mentioned you bro.:o
    Talking about the ethane emissions :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

Well i hate to say this but she never mentioned you bro.:o

Digger was all about you though! ;)
    That was Daddy's car i think or was it the run around?

I thought that was the B vehicle, left around for the use of Claralara and her siblings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

I don’t know where all this is coming from... I was extremely green this weekend. I even took the Dart yesterday!

BTW FYI the B vehicle is the chopper and was not suitable for attending at the park on Sunday. I, like you guys and your licences to run in the park, appear to have misplaced my landing licence. It was the hummer or no claralara – I think we all know the latter would have been a very upsetting alternative!

6.49 miles in 55:37

Managed to keep this relatively slow and mind numbingly boring, I'm at the stage in training where 5/6 miles is a task and 12/15 is enjoyable.

I did enjoy the strides though and allowed myself to push it on these averaging 5 min miles for each 100m stride.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

claralara wrote: »
    I was extremely green this weekend. I even took the Dart yesterday!

Are you sure you don't mean the 'Dort'? ;)

• Advertisement

I even took the Dart yesterday!

This is like saying 'Some of my best friends are poor people' :D

I headed out into the countryside again, 5.75 out and back for 11.5 taxing miles, felt happy for about two of them as my legs are just drained. I'm going to take two days rest to give myself a chance to get back to normal, maybe do some speed on Saturday prior to Sunday's 20 miler.

11.50 miles in 1:39:29

mrslow wrote: »
    I headed out into the countryside again, 5.75 out and back for 11.5 taxing miles, felt happy for about two of them as my legs are just drained. I'm going to take two days rest to give myself a chance to get back to normal, maybe do some speed on Saturday prior to Sunday's 20 miler.

11.50 miles in 1:29:39

Not surprised horse that's way too fast.

menoscemo wrote: »
    Yes, all your future VO2 max sessions are to be done at a minimum of 6:30/mile pace. I want to hear reports of you puking after the third rep and still digging out another 3 reps afterwards :pac:

This describes my sentiments on doing intervals much better :pac:

menoscemo wrote: »
    Not surprised horse that's way too fast.

Sorry, had reversed the minutes and seconds. I ran the first 5 or so miles @ 9 min+ but the legs were like lead and my hamstrings feel empty:(. I packed too much in to the end of last week so I'll kick back for a few days and let the legs recover.

• Advertisement

This is like saying 'Some of my best friends are poor people' :D

You're the bestest BFF EVER!!

I suppose relative to you all of us here are potless!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

I know i'm not down with the cool people but ain't that spelt wrong or it it the way the cool people spell things:confused:

I know i'm not down with the cool people but ain't that spelt wrong or it it the way the cool people spell things:confused:

The Aristocratic classes have their own vernacular.;)

The Aristocratic classes have their own vernacular.;)

Learnin how to talk proper was the number one priority in the local finishing school for young ladies... I'm sure if I hang around for long enough, they'll eventually admit me..:confused:

Learnin how to talk proper was the number one priority in the local finishing school for young ladies... I'm sure if I hang around for long enough, they'll eventually admit me..:confused:

I'm afraid you don't meet the criteria!

I've taken the advice of someone much more knowledgeable than I ;) and after today's 'day off' I'm gonna run 4 miles ultra slow on Friday and Saturday, hopefully be back on form for Sunday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

I've taken the advice of someone much more knowledgeable than I and after today's 'day off' I'm gonna run 4 miles ultra slow on Friday and Saturday, hopefully be back on form for Sunday!
    I might steal that advice for myself too :cool:

Brought my 5 and a half year old princess with me this evening, she's just had the stabilisers off her bike and promised to keep a good pace with me. Every half mile was a break for a drink and she was delighted to find the local school had scarecrows out, that someone on the other side of the road (that we had to meet) had the grown up version of our dog and that one of the roads we ran down was littered with blossoms. We had a stone in her shoe and a mileage update every .05 of a mile but it was one of the most enjoyable 'runs' I've had in a while.:D

3 mile warm up at 9:15 followed by 1 mile @ 6:05, was on the brink of puking at the end of this but could have gone sub 6 if I hadn't raced out @ 5:40 for the first 400m. It was good to run flat out though.

Garmin Link

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

Nice one and your spot on it's all about using the energy efficiently. The longer intervals are great for teaching the brain to pace properly. Myself and meno were doing 1k reps and for the first 2 we went out way too fast but were spot on for the rest. You'll probably surprise yourself with how far under 6 you'll go as your training has been very good and you should look into doing it with someone a little quicker than yourself and maybe on a track.

Woddle wrote: »
    Nice one and your spot on it's all about using the energy efficiently. The longer intervals are great for teaching the brain to pace properly. Myself and meno were doing 1k reps and for the first 2 we went out way too fast but were spot on for the rest. You'll probably surprise yourself with how far under 6 you'll go as your training has been very good and you should look into doing it with someone a little quicker than yourself and maybe on a track.

Thanks Woddle, timing doesn't work out for the group sessions, my other half is training to be a teacher and studying 24/7 so most of my runs are after the kids go to bed. Hopefully that'll change in the summer.

Got to the park for 9 and ran 6.5 miles before being joined by the Vaggababe and Spaghetti, my calve seized up and dragged that blasted ligament across the knee. I put the stick to work and with some voodoo juice from Spaghetti we set off again. It took only a few hundred metres for it to loosen up again but was quite sore when I got home. I'll do some maintanence between now and taper and will get a sports massage then. That aside it was a comfortable run with no real flat spots, great weather and great company.

20:01 in 3:08:31 average pace 9:25

Better start keeping track of my weeks:

Tuesday: 6.49 miles average pace 8:34
    Wednesday: 11.5 miles average pace 8:38
    Friday: 4 miles with princess, took a long time :D
    Saturday: 3 miles @ 9:15, 1 mile @ 6:05
    Sunday: 20:01 miles average pace 9:25

Total for week: 46 miles.
    Total for year: 461.5 miles.

Took me a while to get up to pace to pass you going up the Kybher so the speed sessions are working if you ask me.

Thanks again for the stick - about to use it on the legs so if there's anyone in the Northside hears some screams - tis me

(How long before someone makes a funny comment:p)

Took me a while to get up to pace to pass you going up the Kybher so the speed sessions are working if you ask me.

Thanks again for the stick - about to use it on the legs so if there's anyone in the Northside hears some screams - tis me

(How long before someone makes a funny comment:p)

Ah you only caught me cause I died towards the end, you'd really want to look at doing some speed sessions :rolleyes::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

As if a Northsider would react to someone screaming :cool:

Lots of Dubs screaming down the road in Croker at present.

The pain from that stick - the good Lord its agony

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

The pain from that stick - the good Lord its agony
    The pain is your friend :D

• Advertisement

The pain is your friend :D

Ha ha, The Stick is your friend.

Advertisement