Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mr Slow: The Return

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

mrslow wrote: »
    Got to the park for 9 and ran 6.5 miles before being joined by the Vaggababe and Spaghetti, my calve seized up and dragged that blasted ligament across the knee. I put the stick to work and with some voodoo juice from Spaghetti we set off again.

You brought the stick with you on the training run :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

RayCun wrote: »
    You brought the stick with you on the training run :eek:

If I hadn't, I wouldn't have reached 20. I'm thinking of some mechanism where I can carry it across my back in Cork like a ninja sword, just in case!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Great LSR, super pace too. :)

jcsmum wrote: »
    Great LSR, super pace too. :)

Thanks missus, the confidence is up now. Doing 17 next Sunday with 22 the following week if you're about?

Thanks missus, the confidence is up now. Doing 17 next Sunday with 22 the following week if you're about?

Sunday is golf day in our house, I get Saturday mornings, he gets Sunday mornings. :rolleyes:
    I wasn't going to bother doing any more runs longer than 18 from now to Cork. I've done 21, 20.5 and 20. Enough! :)
    Will aim to do 18 next Saturday am.

• Advertisement

Sunday is golf day in our house, I get Saturday mornings, he gets Sunday mornings. :rolleyes:
    I wasn't going to bother doing any more runs longer than 18 from now to Cork. I've done 21, 20.5 and 20. Enough! :)
    Will aim to do 18 next Saturday am.

I might be able to do Sat on Sat week but this Sat, I is racin boy!

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Perkina3

Well done mate.... Good run! Hope Cork goes well for ya! Will get out for a run with you eventually! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Training is ticking along nicely for you; well done on 2nd 20 miler

shazkea wrote: »
    Training is ticking along nicely for you; well done on 2nd 20 miler

Thanks missus, good luck with your relay!

6 miles @ 9 min pace followed by 5 x 600m reps, splits as follows:

05:54 06:05 06:04 06:15 06:07
    I pushed pretty hard on these, legs were still a bit unhappy after Sunday's 20, the last two reps were powered by my arms as my legs were knackered.

As much as I hate to disappoint Meno, there was no puking. next week's reps are 1,200m so hopefully I'll throw up then like a real man;):P:pac:

• Advertisement

6 miles @ 9 min pace followed by 5 x 600m reps, splits as follows:

05:54 06:05 06:04 06:15 06:07
    I pushed pretty hard on these, legs were still a bit unhappy after Sunday's 20, the last two reps were powered by my arms as my legs were knackered.

As much as I hate to disappoint Meno, there was no puking. next week's reps are 1,200m so hopefully I'll throw up then like a real man;):P:pac:

You see I told you, it's all about the arms! ;)

You see I told you, it's all about the arms! ;)

When I saw the bold text, I thought there was a mistake :eek:

When I saw the bold text, I thought there was a mistake :eek:

There's only one person I'm going to pull up on his spelling mistakes! :D

9.08 Miles in 1:21:50

Was suffering pretty bad heartburn from the off tonight out of nowhere and every half mile or more I'd get a wave of it which almost stopped me in my tracks. The plan was 11 miles but as I was nearing home I bailed to seek out some antacids.

4 miles @ 9:40 pace and I threw in 400m @ 6:40 to test the water for tomorrow's race, it didn't feel good but more yo do with an upset stomach. Hopefully I'll be thrilled with a sub 21 tomorrow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Best of luck tomorrow Mr Slow. Sub 21 will be no bother to you. Just make sure to go out fast enough to give yourself a chance. If you feel like you're dying half way, that means you're doing it right :p

If you get a chance, try to trip up the Bro as he goes past you. I don't want the fecker setting an unachievable target for me at the Donore race.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

Best of luck in the race.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

menoscemo wrote: »
    If you get a chance, try to trip up the Bro as he goes past you. I don't want the fecker setting an unachievable target for me at the Donore race.

I'll just stay ahead of him so to avoid injury;). I'm going just for a jog and i'll use you to drag me to a good time in Donore with all that speed work that you be doing.

Have to get someone with a camera at the finish again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

chinguetti wrote: »
    I'm going just for a jog

:rolleyes: really? this is the last time you 'just went for a jog'
    5402284856_5745e02a21.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Best of luck dude.

• Advertisement

Met Chinguetti before the start and we did a small warm up, then bumped into Ultraman and Digijem. Never met Ultraman before but I had my Boards AC top on which prompted him to say hello.

Hit the button when I crossed the start line as I've gone with the gun in the past and gotten stuck behind some walkers, the best part of the first km flew by until we rounded the corner to a nasty hill, raced down the other side and plugged on reminding myself that if I didn't feel like quitting I wasn't pushing hard enough. Just before the 4th km we encountered a nasty rise and even though I was passing people it was tough going. The last 400m were really tough and I was barking out loud at myself to keep going, 100m to go and I could hear and almost feel the breath of a runner behind me when Chinguetti gave me a big shout out and I managed a last kick to leave the other guy behind and cross the line in 20:55, beating my previous pb set on New Year's Day of 22:47 convincingly

5K in 20:55, average pace 6:41

Met Ral3 after I finished and chatted with him from my horizontal position on the grass.

Great race, great organisation and welcome and definately one for the calendar.

Thanks to all at Le Cheile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Very nicely done, you must be chuffed with that :D

Very nicely done, you must be chuffed with that :D

Thanks J, I'm thrilled, Chinguetti ran it in 18:28 but I think he got a lift somewhere along the line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

Just looked at your splits, super pacing. Sub 20 won't be far off, well done.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Great stuff, super pacing. Sub 20 in Donore :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Woddle wrote: »
    Just looked at your splits, super pacing.

Yep, slightly negative splits, very impressive, and that's a good chunk off your PB. Well done!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

There's pace in them there legs alright......Nice shiny new PB Dude!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 954 ✭✭✭W.B. Yeats

Met Chinguetti before the start and we did a small warm up, then bumped into Ultraman and Digijem. Never met Ultraman before but I had my Boards AC top on which prompted him to say hello.

Hit the button when I crossed the start line as I've gone with the gun in the past and gotten stuck behind some walkers, the best part of the first km flew by until we rounded the corner to a nasty hill, raced down the other side and plugged on reminding myself that if I didn't feel like quitting I wasn't pushing hard enough. Just before the 4th km we encountered a nasty rise and even though I was passing people it was tough going. The last 400m were really tough and I was barking out loud at myself to keep going, 100m to go and I could hear and almost feel the breath of a runner behind me when Chinguetti gave me a big shout out and I managed a last kick to leave the other guy behind and cross the line in 20:55, beating my previous pb set on New Year's Day of 22:47 convincingly

5K in 20:55, average pace 6:41

Met Ral3 after I finished and chatted with him from my horizontal position on the grass.

Great race, great organisation and welcome and definately one for the calendar.

Thanks to all at Le Cheile.

Fair play
    You were just ahead of me....( 21.15 I think) having not looked at your log before were you the tallish guy in the boards AC top? If so you passed me just at the top of the humpbacked bridge over the railway line- you were motoring well. Nice to squeeze under 21- obviously sub 20 is next!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Yeah i got a lift on the motorbike - the agony on my face will appear on a photo somewhere i'm sure;)

Great going and there's a bit more time there once you have Cork out of the way. You missed the cakes - well worth it and had to go back for seconds:p

• Advertisement

W.B. Yeats wrote: »
    Fair play
    You were just ahead of me....( 21.15 I think) having not looked at your log before were you the tallish guy in the boards AC top? If so you passed me just at the top of the humpbacked bridge over the railway line- you were motoring well. Nice to squeeze under 21- obviously sub 20 is next!

Thanks, that was me and you could have called me anything at that point and I wouldn't have noticed.:eek:

Advertisement