Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mr Slow: The Return

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Perkina3

Well I will give it a go like... I will only have a couple in me at the start so who knows.....

Let him know the offer is there and we shall see what occurs on the night..

Will be whipping out the running shades for this! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

6 miles to get the legs ready for a reasonably hard week ahead, looking forward to taper now and the race seems all the more real.

6 miles in 51:36 average pace 8:33

Was really enjoying this run until my IT Band literally brought me to a full stop followed by a limp home.

Got to work on the Grid :eek: and will double up on those sessions until physio next week where I will have to have the band and calve stripped:eek::eek:

5.77 miles in 47:13 average pace 8:10

Followed by

2 x .75 of a mile @ 6:29 pace

This was to be 4 x but sh1t happens.:mad:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

ITB stripping is one of my favourite things to do. Better than...chocolate! :D

ITB Stripping??? Sounds painful....but then again so does strapping! :P:P

• Advertisement

ITB stripping is one of my favourite things to do. Better than...chocolate! :D

Is that an offer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

mrslow wrote: »
    Was really enjoying this run until my IT Band literally brought me to a full stop followed by a limp home.

Down with this sort of thing. :(

Perkina3 wrote: »
    ITB Stripping??? Sounds painful....but then again so does strapping! :P:P

It's where your physio uses his/her elbow to work out any knots in the IT Band, the IT Band is the muscle that you would have gotten a 'dead leg' on when someone punched you there!:eek:

I swear to god.... if someone goes near me with any kind of pointed instrument or stick ...... :P

*Looks at Mr. Slow suspiciously*

Ah no I have had my own IT band issues though never needed stripping sounds painful! Good luk with it anyway!:cool:

At least that was the plan, had to work consistently on this run as I'm pretty tired now.

10.7 miles in 1:23:40 Average pace 7:49 min miles

IT Band was making itself known but didn't hurt til I stopped, had a quick Grid session and it feels better, I'm gonna have to work on it hard for the next few days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

LSR? :rolleyes:
    :)

RayCun wrote: »
    LSR? :rolleyes:
    :)

I missed a tempo run a few weeks ago :rolleyes: anyway it's peak week!!!

The pink compression socks arrived this morning. They are very pink. Get that injury fixed ;)

The pink compression socks arrived this morning. They are very pink. Get that injury fixed ;)

Thanks, I will. I reckon it's down to the wear on my runners, when I put them on the ground, they fall over!!!

I reckon it's down to the wear on my runners, when I put them on the ground, they fall over!!!

That happened to one of the pairs I had while training for Barcelona - you couldn't sit the left one properly on a flat surface. Wicked ITB problems indahouse. :pac:

That happened to one of the pairs I had while training for Barcelona - you couldn't sit the left one properly on a flat surface. Wicked ITB problems indahouse. :pac:

ITB problems suck ass!!!

How much work are you doing on the grid? You need to spend a decent amount of time on it. Get a sliotar into the glutes aswell...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

At least that was the plan, had to work consistently on this run as I'm pretty tired now.

10.7 miles in 1:23:40 Average pace 7:49 min miles

IT Band was making itself known but didn't hurt til I stopped, had a quick Grid session and it feels better, I'm gonna have to work on it hard for the next few days.

If that's your idea of an LSR, I'm not coming on Sunday! :(:P

How much work are you doing on the grid? You need to spend a decent amount of time on it. Get a sliotar into the glutes aswell...

I'm spending sufficient time in that the outside of my leg is bruised and swollen.

My glutes as I'm sure you've noticed are in good nick!
    jcsmum wrote: »
    If that's your idea of an LSR, I'm not coming on Sunday! :(:P

You up for 22?

You up for 22?

Let me see if I can actually get up that hill from the anglers rest carpark first.... :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

A suggestion R.E. Sunday....any objections to tailoring the route a little to get over to watch the end of the sportworld race? We'd need to be in walkinstown for about 10.30 to see everyone finishing, it's only about 4 miles from the park and we'd get to take in the infamous Chapelizod hill rd on the way over :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

And you won't get shot by security for being a suspicious looking bunch, carrying a stick...

menoscemo wrote: »
    A suggestion R.E. Sunday....any objections to tailoring the route a little to get over to watch the end of the sportworld race? We'd need to be in walkinstown for about 10.30 to see everyone finishing, it's only about 4 miles from the park and we'd get to take in the infamous Chapelizod hill rd on the way over :pac:

Great idea! (not the hill road part though...!) :P

Chinguetti is to meet us at 10 in the car park.

Chinguetti is to meet us at 10 in the car park.

That's the only draw back, just measured the distance at 3.5 miles from The Chapelizod gate. We'd need to arrange to meet Chinguetti at a different spot, say ballyfermot R'about?
    If he doesn't come on here to confirm i'll give hom a buzz later. I'm sure it'll be no problem....

@JCS Mum, it'll be great. we'll get to run up the Chaeplizod hill rd on the way over and we'll get the Knockmaroon Hill on the way back :pac:

@JCS Mum, it'll be great. we'll get to run up the Chaeplizod hill rd on the way over and we'll get the Knockmaroon Hill on the way back :pac:

Can't wait :P:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

jcsmum wrote: »
    Can't wait :P:rolleyes:

:D Now I'm so glad I'm doing Kildare instead....enjoy the run guys and gals ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

If i meet ye, it will be in Anglers Rest at 9.40 but thats means me getting up very early and i've had a long week at work so i'm wrecked. I'm in the UK for work next week which makes me think my body needs a day in bed. Then again, i have new runners to show off.:D

I'll let ye know tomorrow.

I'm spending sufficient time in that the outside of my leg is bruised and swollen.

My glutes as I'm sure you've noticed are in good nick!

You figured out why I was staying behind you during that run then. Foiled. Again. :( They glutes looked pretty amazing alright. Mesmerising almost.

If your ITB is actually swollen thats not a very good sign. :pac:

Edit: Sundays run sounds very complicated. I won't even consider this one. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

You figured out why I was staying behind you during that run then. Foiled. Again. :( They glutes looked pretty amazing alright. Mesmerising almost.

If your ITB is actually swollen thats not a very good sign. :pac:

Edit: Sundays run sounds very complicated. I won't even consider this one. :rolleyes:

Meeting at 8:30 and swining over to walkinstown for 10:30 as part of the route. What's complicated about that?

Advertisement