Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mr Slow: The Return

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

Can't lose what you never had...

You comin to Cork or wha?

Contrary to very good advice I wanted to see if my legs could still run :rolleyes:

4.77 miles in 39:09, faster than PMP, but for my confidence a good run, I could have easily run 13 of these tonight, I wouldn't have said that this day last week, feeling much less crazy now and excitement is finally starting to creep in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

mrslow wrote: »
    Contrary to very good advice I wanted to see if my legs could still run :rolleyes:

4.77 miles in 39:09, faster than PMP, but for my confidence a good run, I could have easily run 13 of these tonight, I wouldn't have said that this day last week, feeling much less crazy now and excitement is finally starting to creep in.

I told you to trust in P&D. Now you just have to avoid getting sick :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

menoscemo wrote: »
    I told you to trust in P&D. Now you just have to avoid getting sick :p

The lad is on the edge, are you trying to put him over it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Meno - dont answer that until the pub on Monday afternoon :pac:

• Advertisement

There's a conspiracy afoot methinks, well ye can all go and sh1te :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

That's just charming that is and everybody on here just concerned about your well being.

BTW meant to ask have you planned your running apparel for Dunshaughlin - just reminding you coz pink socks don't go with everything and we wouldn't want to ruin the pictures :p

Mr Slow just texted me to ask what is planned for him, seems he has got a bit paranoid. I have never seen taper madness reach these kind of levels before. I bet when he is driving from work he is sweating and thinking that helicopters are following him :p

shazkea wrote: »
    That's just charming that is and everybody on here just concerned about your well being.

BTW meant to ask have you planned your running apparel for Dunshaughlin - just reminding you coz pink socks don't go with everything and we wouldn't want to ruin the pictures :p

Aren't you funny?:P
    menoscemo wrote: »
    Mr Slow just texted me to ask what is planned for him, seems he has got a bit paranoid. I have never seen taper madness reach these kind of levels before. I bet when he is driving from work he is sweating and thinking that helicopters are following him :p

Inaccurate, I asked what the bet was, given you'd stake a week's wages on two flies in a window.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Don't mind all the slaggers! We're all rooting for you. Not that I want to see Digger in pink socks mind. ;)

Nice run yesteday by the way.

• Advertisement

chinguetti wrote: »
    jcsmum wrote: »
    Don't mind all the slaggers! We're all rooting for you.

You two are good people! :)

I'm watching the rest of you though!!!:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Perkina3

You know I am kinda half tempted to put an extra incentive here to both of them in that if one of them gets the marathon within a couple mins of 3.30 I will also wear Knee high pink socks for dunshaughlin...... HAHAHA

*Inserts legal loophole to get out of it just in case*

Perkina3 wrote: »
    You know I am kinda half tempted to put an extra incentive here to both of them in that if one of them gets the marathon within a couple mins of 3.30 I will also wear Knee high pink socks for dunshaughlin...... HAHAHA

*Inserts legal loophole to get out of it just in case*

What about if one of us gets 3:3x?

Well when you run the time and it's in the 3.3x region let me know and I will make a decision then but yeah could be a possibility....

Well when you run the time and it's in the 3.3x region let me know and I will make a decision then but yeah could be a possibility....

Man up! There's no incentive if you decide after the fact and if you don't show in Dunshaughlin, you'll never be able to race in Dublin again because of the shame.

Ha well if I don't run DUNSHAUGHLIN I will wear them at the next race I do run in...Don't worry, I don't welsh on bets.

If you run a sub 3.33 I will wear them... there happy?

Ha well if I don't run DUNSHAUGHLIN I will wear them at the next race I do run in...Don't worry, I don't welsh on bets.

If you run a sub 3.33 I will wear them... there happy?

You may aswell say 2.33, be a man, give me a shot - 3:3x?

Alright!.... (See I can be reasonable sometimes)

But if you get a 3.39.xx .... I will not be a happy camper :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭Oisin11178

whats your goal?
    3.30 sounds nice eh:D

Alright!.... (See I can be reasonable sometimes)

But if you get a 3.39.xx .... I will not be a happy camper :rolleyes:

Good man, if I get 3:38 will you sing 'I'm a little teapot' and do all the actions in front of the start line in your compression socks?
    Oisin11178 wrote: »
    whats your goal?
    3.30 sounds nice eh:D

Sub 3:40!.....now;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

Sub 3:40!.....now;)

Hi Mrslow I've only being following your log the last 2 months or so, so sorry if you've already answered the following.
    Is this your first marathon?

I know the bet was sub 4 so was that the original target but training has gone well which has you thinking sub 3'40?
    cause there's a bit of a difference between the two but I'd say your looking good for the latter but if it is your first I'd be wary.

BTW fair play to you on the consistency and sticking to the schedule, model student :D

Woddle wrote: »
    Hi Mrslow I've only being following your log the last 2 months or so, so sorry if you've already answered the following.
    Is this your first marathon?

I know the bet was sub 4 so was that the original target but training has gone well which has you thinking sub 3'40?
    cause there's a bit of a difference between the two but I'd say your looking good for the latter but if it is your first I'd be wary.

BTW fair play to you on the consistency and sticking to the schedule, model student :D

Thanks Woddle,

I ran DCM last year in 4:15 on the back of about 300 miles in total running, not just training, that's every mile I had ever run, so this year I have a base and since Jan 1st have clocked up 600 miles so my goal at the start of training was 3:45. I'm going out at 8:30 for the first half which is targetting 3:42 and I hope to shave a few mins off in the second half to come in under 3:40.

Mcmillan gives me 3:24 BTW;) so I hope I'm being conservative!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

Thanks Woddle,

I ran DCM last year in 4:15 on the back of about 300 miles in total running, not just training, that's every mile I had ever run, so this year I have a base and since Jan 1st have clocked up 600 miles so my goal at the start of training was 3:45. I'm going out at 8:30 for the first half which is targetting 3:42 and I hope to shave a few mins off in the second half to come in under 3:40.

Mcmillan gives me 3:24 BTW;) so I hope I'm being conservative!

I'm just trying to put you off beating my PB :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭opus

Best of luck with the target for Monday, it's looking like it will be a pretty good day for CCM this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

Best of luck for Monday mrslow, think you'll well on for sub 3.40 with all the consistant hard training you've put in! Enjoy the celebrations :)

Hold on a second here....

You are being told 3.24 and you were saying I was being unreasonable saying 3.33.....hmmmmmm......

An no I draw the line at pink compression socks... Digger said he would though if you beat him

Hold on a second here....

You are being told 3.24 and you were saying I was being unreasonable saying 3.33.....hmmmmmm......

An no I draw the line at pink compression socks... Digger said he would though if you beat him

That's the bet and you've publicly accepted it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭BrokenMan

Best of luck, looks like the day will be perfect weather wise.

Taking ove half an hour off your pb will be some achievement but you definitely have the groundwork in for it. Stick to you plan whatever you do and dont get tempted to go out too fast, thats just a path to pain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭nachoqueen

best of luck out there!

Advertisement