Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mr Slow: The Return

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

papamike wrote: »
    Sounds good. Still haven't made up my mind but looking at Runners World 3:45 plan at the minute or maybe P&D 18 week/55 mile plan. Have ran very little since Kildare half as have a couple of slight niggles (achilles and calf) that I am trying to sort out, not serious but a little tender. Runners World is a 16 week plan compared to P&D's 18 so the extra couple of weeks to get back to 20+ mpw may be needed - must start a log here for it as there may be others using same plan.

You'll find loads on P&D in the improver's thread I'd say.
    Aimman wrote: »
    Finally getting to catch back up on people's logs. Well done, brilliant time. Will be watching to see how you do in Dublin. Think I might have to keep an eye on you now. ;)

Thanks Aimman, I was at the finish when you guys came in whipping up a storm!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Well done, a great time!

(what happened on mile 8 to slow you down? bit strange to see your slowest mile there)

RayCun wrote: »
    Well done, a great time!

(what happened on mile 8 to slow you down? bit strange to see your slowest mile there)

I drank far too much that morning ;)

Edit: It may have to do with the above plus the rise leaving the tunnel, plus the tunnel itself, pacing was impossible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

RayCun wrote: »
    Well done, a great time!

Mile 8 was everyone's slowest mile. It seems like the GPS watches measured the mile long due to us going into the tunnel.

I went too quickly on this one 3 miles in 26:11, lesson learned.

I'm feeling great, full of energy and mad for road. legs are still a touch tender but my recovery this time against last time is at another level, it took a few weeks after DCM before I could push forward with a bit of pace.

Might be time for a new log........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

What's the new goal? 3:30?

What's the new goal? 3:30?

Maybe....:pac:, what about you? Have you signed up for DCM yet???:D

mrslow wrote: »
    Maybe....:pac:, what about you? Have you signed up for DCM yet???:D

Not doing DCM this year, you know that. Next one for me will probably be in the spring.

Not doing DCM this year, you know that. Next one for me will probably be in the spring.

I really believe you ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

I am so SO delighted for you - you really deserved it!
    Really proud of you. :D

• Advertisement

jcsmum wrote: »
    I am so SO delighted for you - you really deserved it!
    Really proud of you. :D

Thanks Boss, roll on DCM :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Well done again buddy! Seriously delighted for you :D

Is the temple going to be shot to ruins now before rebuilding her for DCM?! ;)

claralara wrote: »
    Well done again buddy! Seriously delighted for you :D

Is the temple going to be shot to ruins now before rebuilding her for DCM?! ;)

No chance, I ran the first half faster than the half marathon a month before DCM last year, I'm going to build on that between now and when training starts.:D

No chance, I ran the first half faster than the half marathon a month before DCM last year, I'm going to build on that between now and when training starts.:D

I rooted out my P&D last night...am considering the 18 >55 week plan...yikes! Need to get my calendar out and my thinking cap on!

I rooted out my P&D last night...am considering the 18 >55 week plan...yikes! Need to get my calendar out and my thinking cap on!

Build up to 30/35 again before you start, it's full on from the off!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

20 weeks from next Monday.

Build up to 30/35 again before you start, it's full on from the off!
    Woddle wrote: »
    20 weeks from next Monday.

This week will be in the region of 30-35, last week was 20 (work being blamed for that) and the previous was 32. 30ish next week and then start...?! Seems like it'll be a challenge... Am I tough enough?!:rolleyes:

Seems like it'll be a challenge... Am I tough enough?!:rolleyes:
    Only one way to find out :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

Am I tough enough?!:rolleyes:

I dunno you only turned up for the first Mcmillan workout and havn't been seen since :D

only messing, loads of time

This week will be in the region of 30-35, last week was 20 (work being blamed for that) and the previous was 32. 30ish next week and then start...?! Seems like it'll be a challenge... Am I tough enough?!:rolleyes:

Just follow the schedule verbatim(ish), it's brutal but effective!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Have to say all these training programs are indeed great and focus one's mind but since i have given up on training plans, i've never been faster.

Don't hold the plan as gospel would indeed be the way forward.

Yours in casual running, C

chinguetti wrote: »
    Have to say all these training programs are indeed great and focus one's mind but since i have given up on training plans, i've never been faster.

Don't hold the plan as gospel would indeed be the way forward.

Yours in casual running, C

Yes, but you're the exception Mister!

Met Meno in the park for a slow trot given I had only run a marathon 6 days ago:rolleyes:, ran the whole thing on my toes after killing yet another pair of New Balance 1080's by pounding the heels to a pulp.

9.69 miles in 120:31 average pace 8:17.

Met Meno in the park for a slow trot given I had only run a marathon 6 days ago:rolleyes:, ran the whole thing on my toes after killing yet another pair of New Balance 1080's by pounding the heels to a pulp.

9.69 miles in 120:31 average pace 8:17.

:eek:
    Stop showing off!

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭nachoqueen

tut tut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

:eek:
    Stop showing off!

He needs to get his easy/LSR pace down because he'll be doing 8 min/mile in DCM :D

':rolleyes:' Should have been after 'slow trot', jeez people are sensitive today :P

':rolleyes:' Should have been after 'slow trot', jeez people are sensitive today :P

Actually some of us are jealous :o and some of us have fallen off the running wagon altogether.

Actually some of us are jealous :o and some of us have fallen off the running wagon altogether.

Dunshaughlin will see you right ;)

• Advertisement

I'm glad I couldn't make yesterday's run now having seen the Karate kid's pace...
    I suspect there's going to be some severe splitting over the next few months..:(

Advertisement