Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mr Slow: The Return

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

mrslow wrote: »
    Dunshaughlin will see you right ;)

Have you organised that mini-bus for Dunshauglin yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

Have you organised that mini-bus for Dunshauglin yet?

Given that I probably won't be in it, no! Your best bet is Cabs 2000 (01) 8900900 ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

Not running Dunshaughlin? Go way out of that. I set a half pb 2 weeks after Barca, doesnt make much difference. You've recovered already judging by yesterdays run.

Not running Dunshaughlin? Go way out of that. I set a half pb 2 weeks after Barca, doesnt make much difference. You've recovered already judging by yesterdays run.

I've lost motivation for Dunshaughlin, nothing to do with recovery. I'm looking forward to a couple of weeks of enjoyable running. Plus being the nice person that I am, relieving Ray of the pressure of racing me is a good thing to do.

claralara wrote: »
    I'm glad I couldn't make yesterday's run now having seen the Karate kid's pace...
    I suspect there's going to be some severe splitting over the next few months..:(

The Queen of the splitters speaks :pac::P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

mrslow wrote: »
    I've lost motivation for Dunshaughlin, nothing to do with recovery. I'm looking forward to a couple of weeks of enjoyable running. Plus being the nice person that I am, relieving Ray of the pressure of racing me is a good thing to do.
    Think you made the right call on Dunshaughlin, you will spank your 10k pb later in the summer, There is a 10k at the start of september that you could target you would have the miles and the speed in your legs then, plus your race mojo will be back. Allow yourself to recover fully from Cork :).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

shels4ever wrote: »
    Think you made the right call on Dunshaughlin, you will spank your 10k pb later in the summer, There is a 10k at the start of september that you could target you would have the miles and the speed in your legs then, plus your race mojo will be back. Allow yourself to recover fully from Cork :).

Agree with this. There's no rush here :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

I agree, keep the running going at an easy pace and come July/August, you'll be firing out PBs like Mr Mullane scores goals:D

chinguetti wrote: »
    I agree, keep the running going at an easy pace and come July/August, you'll be firing out PBs like Mr Mullane scores goals:D

Pas de comment:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

+ 1. You only have to turn up at Dunshaughlin and run. No need to worry about it, no particular training to be done. The marathon training will see you through, in fact you'll never be so well rested for a 10k this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Yeah, I think you should run Dunshaughlin too. Judging by your recovery :rolleyes: run on Sunday, you'll do great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

I think we need a poll :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

If you dont show up to Dunshaughlin we will get Clara Lara to Kung Fu drop kick you the next time we see you :pac:

The Garmin took about .3 of a mile to kick in and by the time it did I was in the groove and for the first time in a while I paid little attention to the devil on my wrist and just ran, not a casual run but comfortably hard.

I should however have paid more attention:o.

5.93 miles in 44:59 average pace 7:32

nachoqueen wrote: »
    tut tut

Have you decided on DCM?

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭nachoqueen

Mmm tempting , my back is better but my ego is still bruised after not even making the start line last year , and you guys are streets ahead of me pace wise from what I have been reading here

There's time yet though !

nachoqueen wrote: »
    Mmm tempting , my back is better but my ego is still bruised after not even making the start line last year , and you guys are streets ahead of me pace wise from what I have been reading here

There's time yet though !

What are you running at the moment?

I see Mrs Low has had a sex change :pac:

I see Mrs Low has had a sex change :pac:

Yes, let there be no further confusion!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Mr Slow wrote: »
    Yes, let there be no further confusion!:D

It wasn't your username that confused me..:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

hello, i've not been around these threads for some time but just popped back today and saw your Cork Marathon Report, well done to you man.

are you going to be doing the DCM again later this year?

hello, i've not been around these threads for some time but just popped back today and saw your Cork Marathon Report, well done to you man.

are you going to be doing the DCM again later this year?

I am indeed, sub 3:30 is the plan. How are you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

I'm not the worst thanks :)

My running however this year has been woeful, less then 70miles on the chart. You certainly made a good jump with your marathon time. I'm debating if I'll do the DCM again this year, would love to do it but don't want a repeat of last year.

That said I really enjoyed the Phoenix Park race series and chat on the then Novice forum so hopefully I'll be meeting you with you guys sometime soon.

would love to do it but don't want a repeat of last year.

Digger had a bad day at DCM last year but put in a solid 3:47 in Cork, this time he read and followed the instructions. A good plan might see you right.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Don't like it. Change it back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Ah here, put the old name back. Lets start a campaign, raise money and such like.

Save Mrs Low - you know you should.

Print t-shirts too, oh wait.

Had to squeeze in a run last night.

8.59 miles in 1:08 average pace 8 min miles.

This was a lot of effort, will be running more miles next week but much slower.

Dropped into Base2Race this morning intending to pick up yet another pair of New Balance runners, I'm currently getting about 250 miles out of a pair and it's getting costly. Because I heel strike so hard I'm shattering the support structure of the heel in the runners and as I ran Cork effectively on my toes without a problem, I'm taking their advice to use the fact that my current runners are forcing me to forefoot strike and use it as a transition to a pair suited to that.

I was very interested to find that the impact forces are 7 times higher in heel strikes when compared to forefoot strikes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

you could try the Chi running course, in the time before you start the next marathon cycle.

• Advertisement

Mr Slow wrote: »
    I'm currently getting about 250 miles out of a pair and it's getting costly. .

Wow, I'm not going to give out any more about only getting 350 miles out of a pair of runners! :eek:

I've also got the heel strike of death though. :(

Advertisement