Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mr Slow: The Return

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

nachoqueen wrote: »
    Im sure it wasnt that many moons ago mr slow, sure the last long run i did, i could have swore i saw a back of johny blue hiding between 2 energy gels in your little back pak !

That was my spare blue knee;)

Met Menoscemo, RK, A Nother, Brianderunner, Ral3, Chinguetti and Digger for 10 miles @ 9:30 pace yesterday morning, really enjoyed it and it made me wistful of marathon training.......:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

mrslow wrote: »
    Met Menoscemo, RK, A Nother, Brianderunner, Ral3, Chinguetti and Digger for 10 miles @ 9:30 pace yesterday morning, really enjoyed it and it made me wistful of marathon training.......:rolleyes:

9:29 to be exact......slave to the Garmin ;)

digger2d2 wrote: »
    9:29 to be exact......slave to the Garmin ;)

A Garmin ho!

Ran the Liffey Valley AC 5k today in 22:45, Not sub 20 but it's a start.

• Advertisement

Ran the Liffey Valley AC 5k today in 22:45, Not sub 20 but it's a start.

That's a really good time for your first 5k...Keep in mind that all/most of your training has been distance orientated other than your recent speedwork...Was the HH advanced 5k tough?

That's a really good time for your first 5k...Keep in mind that all/most of your training has been distance orientated other than your recent speedwork...Was the HH advanced 5k tough?

Thanks A, I did 3 sessions of 400m repeats x 6 and few 10k tempo runs, if I can get down to some serious training I'd say sub 20 will be very do-able come Spring.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

I think you need a new username :O. Great time in the race!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Well done, 5k is a very different challenge and that's a good time for your first - it took me three attempts to get that fast :).
    Metro St Brigids 5k, through the city centre around St Patricks day, would be good for your second...

RayCun wrote: »
    Well done, 5k is a very different challenge and that's a good time for your first - it took me three attempts to get that fast :).
    Metro St Brigids 5k, through the city centre around St Patricks day, would be good for your second...

Cheers Ray, that's not a bad idea.....(Where do you hear about these races?)

• Advertisement

Cheers Ray, that's not a bad idea.....(Where do you hear about these races?)

Mainly I'm recommending the ones I did last year -
    Raheny 5 mile end of January
    MSB 5k in March
    Sportsworld 5 mile in May
    Rathfarnham 5k in September
    and the race series...

But there's also the races I remember reading about on here last year, but didn't get to do...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Raheny 5 mile end of January
    MSB 5k in March
    Sportsworld 5 mile in May
    Rathfarnham 5k in September
    and the race series...

Jesus Ray, I did all the same races as you. There is also a Donore harriers 5k in the park in June. It has the added advantage of starting at the top of the Glenn rd and finishing at the bottom of it. ;)
    I'd also recommend the 10k in Parkwest in July as it really is the flattest course I have ever run (something like 14m climbing in the whole race).

They're the best races! Why do anything else? :D

at least, they're all big enough to have a range of abilities there, well-run, and all around the 20 quid mark which I don't mind for a club-run race. I try to keep to one race a month - enough to keep me motivated through the training, but not so much that it'll interfere with the training. (If I was racing more I'd have to start looking for the cheaper races!)

all around the 20 quid mark which I don't mind for a club-run race. I try to keep to one race a month - enough to keep me motivated through the training, but not so much that it'll interfere with the training. (If I was racing more I'd have to start looking for the cheaper races!)

Damn the expense Ray, run them all!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Well done on your 5k, fantastic time. Mrslow indeed! I think not!:)

Damn the expense Ray, run them all!:D

That would interfere with my training :cool:

jcsmum wrote: »
    Well done on your 5k, fantastic time. Mrslow indeed! I think not!:)

Met Digger, Chinguetti, RK, Meno, Claralara and a few others yesterday morning for a nice 10 mile trot around the park, now looking forward to my speedwork this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

Great running mrslow! Well done on the 5K, that's a very impressive time!!

Do you know is JEmily getting on? Haven't seen here logged on in ages. Hope all is well with her :)

RubyK wrote: »
    Great running mrslow! Well done on the 5K, that's a very impressive time!!

Do you know is JEmily getting on? Haven't seen here logged on in ages. Hope all is well with her :)

You needn't worry about that mad hatter, she's just back running in the last little while after a stint in Bailey's and Brandy anonymous:D

• Advertisement

You needn't worry about that mad hatter, she's just back running in the last little while after a stint in Bailey's and Brandy anonymous:D

Nothing anonymous now she has the B&B tattoo on her knuckles.....

Nothing anonymous now she has the B&B tattoo on her knuckles.....

I thought the left read 'pity' and the right - 'fool'

Speedwork this evening :D

2 mile warm up followed by 7 x 400m repeats averaging 6:15 min mile pace, recovery was jog/walk for 400m and took longer after each run, will stay at this level for a few weeks until the recovery reduces substantially and then start adding laps. (By the way came close to hurling a few times eck16.gif

Friday is gonna be a 10k tempo run - lookin forward to that (In the bleedin snow.....again!)666.gif

Met up with a gang of about 13 today for a handy trot around the park, wore new runners and my calves are now killing me:eek: back to speedwork on Tuesday!

Met up with a gang of about 13 today for a handy trot around the park, wore new runners and my calves are now killing me:eek: back to speedwork on Tuesday!

You suffering SCS? (Saucony Calves Syndrome);)....What distance did you do?

You suffering SCS? (Saucony Calves Syndrome);)....What distance did you do?

You tellin me I need to return them?

10.02 miles even:)

You tellin me I need to return them?

10.02 miles even:)

Not the way they smell now....:(........:D

During marathon training I ran a training pb of 48:30 over 10k, tonight after a 1.5 mile warm up I ran it in 47:27, same course, worse conditions!

Happy Days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

During marathon training I ran a training pb of 48:30 over 10k, tonight after a 1.5 mile warm up I ran it in 47:27, same course, worse conditions!

Happy Days.

Good going. As I said to you on sunday, you should find yourself a race pronto. You are guaranteed to take another few minutes off that time. Would you consider the aware race on saturday?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Agree with Meno in this. Doing a PB in training is a sign you're doing something right and while doing a light training programme, the PBs can be a mighty leap from your previous ones. At least 2 minutes faster in a race for a 10k i would think and the boost to confidence is just something else.

If you don't do Aware, there's the Cupid's 10k in February. A PB in 5k, 10k and 5 mile by mid March would be a good start to 2011 and show you that you're training is going well.

Advertisement