Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mr Slow: The Return

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Perkina3

Mr Slow wrote: »
    I am, these old ba5tards are trying to drag me to their 'one foot in' level.

Youre still old in my book :P...
    I am a young un at 24 :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

6.77 Miles in 54:30 Average pace 8 min miles.

Uneventful run, legs were a bit heavy, still carrying the 11 and 13 miles from Sat and Sun, will take it easy for the rest of the week as I've a heavy LT session with Meno on Saturday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Uneventful run, legs were a bit heavy, still carrying the 11 and 13 miles from Sat and Sun, will take it easy for the rest of the week as I've a heavy LT session with Meno on Saturday!

Are you gonna try to do all 8? that would be a tough session for you, pretty much 8 miles at 10 mile pace?

menoscemo wrote: »
    Are you gonna try to do all 8? that would be a tough session for you, pretty much 8 miles at 10 mile pace?

I'll give it a lash, everything between now and then will be handy and if I can do that I'd expect to do 10 x 7 min miles in a race.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

And you knew you shouldn't have done that 11 on Saturday tsk tsk...

• Advertisement

I'll give it a lash, everything between now and then will be handy and if I can do that I'd expect to do 10 x 7 min miles in a race.

we'll have to keep pretty much to the flat roads on Saturday as I'm training for Berlin which is dead flat :P. I have a route planned out which starts up by the furze Rd.

And you knew you shouldn't have done that 11 on Saturday tsk tsk...

That's why he only managed to get in 4 seconds under target on Sunday :pac:

That's why he only managed to get in 4 seconds under target on Sunday :pac:

The best part was him and Chinguetti both showing me their watches at the finish line in an attempt to prove they did their jobs right. :D

we'll have to keep pretty much to the flat roads on Saturday as I'm training for Berlin which is dead flat :P. I have a route planned out which starts up by the furze Rd.

I recommend laps of the pitches on the acres road. About 1.75 miles the whole way around and mostly flat, a couple of small inclines. I was doing that at 7 minute mile pace and you could definitely feel those inclines, stay on the grass though and it's all flat...

I recommend laps of the pitches on the acres road. About 1.75 miles the whole way around and mostly flat, a couple of small inclines. I was doing that at 7 minute mile pace and you could definitely feel those inclines, stay on the grass though and it's all flat...

That might work. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

To the funny folk, Mr Slow and i didn't go on the start mat until a satellite was found. I hit my watch when i hit the mat.

I have asked on two different threads for someone to explain to me why there is a 20 seconds plus betweeen my time and the chip time when i didn't step on the mat.

I await the answers from you. Btw funny answers don't count, just facts.

4+ laps:eek:, don't think my resolve will hold up to that, need varying scenery and directional changes.

Nice evening for a run, wet and warm (Down Digger!)

8.44 miles in 1:08:56 Average pace 8:10

Picked it up for the last 1.5 miles with the last half at 6:40 pace, happy with that.:)

4+ laps:eek:, don't think my resolve will hold up to that, need varying scenery and directional changes.

You won't notice it. If I can manage it, anyone can. There's a bootcamp with lots of girls doing braless* starjumps and the like on the pitches at this time of the day so you have plenty of scenery. :pac:

*I can not guarantee lack of boob support, I'm just making a massive generalisation due to my opinion of your average bootcamp member.

There's a bootcamp with lots of girls doing braless* starjumps and the like on the pitches at this time of the day so you have plenty of scenery. :pac:

Sorry bruised Spaniels ears don't do it for me....now if you said a nude ladies' volleyball team doing yoga then you'd have my attention!:D

We can do 1 lap up round the furze rd/ chesterfield av, then back down to the pitches for a lap or 2 at the end. That way we keep the route flat and be back down near the car park at the finish.

We can do 1 lap up round the furze rd/ chesterfield av, then back down to the pitches for a lap or 2 at the end. That way we keep the route flat and be back down near the car park at the finish.

Smashin, I've had a woeful work week so far, a good session will be very welcome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

726 miles...stick that in yer pipe..:D

claralara wrote: »
    726 miles...stick that in yer pipe..:D

Congratulations:rolleyes:

4 miles in 34 flat.

Awkward run to begin with in my new runners, finished off happily at 6:26 pace for the last half mile, short enough not to tire me fast enough to enjoy.

• Advertisement

Good finishing pace there Mr. Slow! :)

Linked up with Meno and the gang for an LT run this morning, wu + wd of 2.6 miles @ 9:25 pace. After some deliberation about the route, Meno and I took off at 7:15 pace, it felt easy for the first mile but that's where it ended, between the heat and a poor week nutritionally speaking this became a very tough run very quickly. I struggled to stay on Meno's shoulder and started to lose him at about 6.5 miles dropping to 7:26 pace, it was only in the last mile that I turned away from the drag that had been killing me and I was able to up the pace and close the gap completely.

Definately couldn't have gone faster today over the distance but it was a great workout, my confidence for the race next week flagged in the middle of it but being able to dig deep and pick up the pace for the last mile was very reassuring.

57:36 8.00 Miles 07:12 Average Pace

Thats some real good running there chief... You keep that up and you will be handing me a whooping next week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

I'm not surprised it hurt, you were running only a few seconds slower than your 10k pace

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Great job getting through it today as it tells you that if you feel dire in a race or a training session, that its just a phase and it will pass. Store it in the head and it will assist when the doubts spring up.

RayCun wrote: »
    I'm not surprised it hurt, you were running only a few seconds slower than your 10k pace

I think my true 10k pace is about 6:50 so it's above the fast end of my current LT.

Yes, you did very well today, I though you were gone when you fell back up that drag, but you showed a lot of spirit to come back. I can see you in the low 1'30s in your next HM. I'd say you're good for 33.xx next week.

Thanks Meno, I wouldn't have pushed as hard on my own though.

Perkina3 wrote: »
    Thats some real good running there chief... You keep that up and you will be handing me a whooping next week

You're faster than me but I have greater endurance, it will make for a very interesting race, I'm really looking forward to it!

• Advertisement

See I am not so sure I have that much of an advantage over you speed wise like.... And yes you are right....I don't have the stamina at all....

Maybe in a little while I will have the speed adv. I want a sub 18 5km by the end of the year.... Tis my new target! :rolleyes:

Advertisement