Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mr Slow: The Return

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

Perkina3 wrote: »
    See I am not so sure I have that much of an advantage over you speed wise like.... And yes you are right....I don't have the stamina at all....

Maybe in a little while I will have the speed adv. I want a sub 18 5km by the end of the year.... Tis my new target! :rolleyes:

Sub 18???:eek: 5:47 pace? I don't fancy your chances but good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Perkina3

Well see I dunno like..... Ecoli thinks its possible so I am going to be hopeful and say it's possible :P

Sure we shall see how things go.... Only have to knock 2.30 off my PB tim to do it... :P

Perkina3 wrote: »
    Well see I dunno like..... Ecoli thinks its possible so I am going to be hopeful and say it's possible :P

Sure we shall see how things go.... Only have to knock 2.30 off my PB tim to do it... :P

You're not running DCM then?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Mr Slow wrote: »
    Linked up with Meno and the gang for an LT run this morning, wu + wd of 2.6 miles @ 9:25 pace. After some deliberation about the route, Meno and I took off at 7:15 pace, it felt easy for the first mile but that's where it ended, between the heat and a poor week nutritionally speaking this became a very tough run very quickly. I struggled to stay on Meno's shoulder and started to lose him at about 6.5 miles dropping to 7:26 pace, it was only in the last mile that I turned away from the drag that had been killing me and I was able to up the pace and close the gap completely.

Definately couldn't have gone faster today over the distance but it was a great workout, my confidence for the race next week flagged in the middle of it but being able to dig deep and pick up the pace for the last mile was very reassuring.

57:36 8.00 Miles 07:12 Average Pace

'some deliberation'.... Jeez we thought the 2 of you were heading off for Mount Everest or heading to the south pole. All you were short of was a compass, a calculator, blackboard & chalk, a protractor and some huskies.....

As I said before we were just jealous. :) Fantastic running by you both.

jcsmum wrote: »
    'some deliberation'.... Jeez we thought the 2 of you were heading off for Mount Everest or heading to the south pole. All you were short of was a compass, a calculator, blackboard & chalk, a protractor and some huskies.....

As I said before we were just jealous. :) Fantastic running by you both.

You're absolutely right, Meno complicates everything! ;)

• Advertisement

5.07 miles in 42ish minutes in the park.

It was hot out there today, I followed the race route for Saturday for a bit of recon and was pretty tired at the top of the Kyber, Saturday's run is still in the legs so I'm going to stick to low slow mileage for the rest of the week.

5 miles @ 8:30 with one @ 6:30, It was very hot and the legs were starting to suffer at the end of that mile but an enjoyable run all the same.

2.57 miles @8:45 plus 0.5 at PRP, didn't like PRP one bit:eek:

Myself and Digger decided to bin race etiquette and jump the plastic fence into the front third of wave one, he was the ringleader, I normally behave myselfrolleyes.gif.

Just like every other racer yesterday I was held up in the first mile but once I got out onto the North rd I was flying it. I spotted a guy I recognised from the Dunshaughlin 10k because of his almost fishnet compression tights eek.gif and I decided I'd keep pace with him, this was not to be however and it was soon pretty obvious that Dunshaughlin was a training run for himfrown.gif. I ran through the water station grabbing a cup and I poured it over my head, it was gloriously refreshing and I had to laugh when it started raining a second later. I was glued to the Garmin passing 5k and was delighted to beat my recent 5k time by 2 secs, I expected the pace to come right down on the hills but managed to keep to a 6:45 pace even down Military Hill where a wash of people passed me but I knew what was coming and made note of those passing me because I'd see them again. When I got to the Kyber I struggled, averaging 7 min pace but still passing people all the way. I saw Jcsmum and Shazkea near the top and they tipped me off that Digger was on my shoulder and even though I was close to puking I tried to push on, he passed me with about 250m to go and I almost resigned myself to defeat but decided to give it one last go and with arms and legs flaying wildly I passed him 30m from the line only for him to come back and cross the mat a nose in front of memad.gif. (checking the Garmin we were running at 4:20 pace at this stagesmile.gif)

It came as some comfort later in Ryan's when RQ looked up our chip times and according to them I was 4 secs faster overall biggrin.gif

5.03 miles in 34:03 average pace 6:45

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

(checking the Garmin we were running at 4:20 pace at this stage

Great result yesterday, well done and with that type of racing attitude you should consider the bhaa track mile on the 27th in Irishtown, a few of us doing it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

I also started in wave 1 yesterday and thought I recognised you a few times but didn't say anything as I believed you were back in wave 2.

Well done on your time, you bested me by 31seconds! (shakes fist angrily in the air)

I also started in wave 1 yesterday and thought I recognised you a few times but didn't say anything as I believed you were back in wave 2.

Well done on your time, you bested me by 31seconds! (shakes fist angrily in the air)

Thanks Dude, are you running DCM?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

eI saw Jcsmum and Shazkea near the top and they tipped me off that Digger was on my shoulder

You're welcome. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

Thanks Dude, are you running DCM?

I wasn't going too however over the weekend I decided that I would. I won't have the opportunity to train as aggressively as I did last year but I'll train where I can and just do it for the craic.

The fact that it's on Halloween this year was the major pulling factor, there should be great atmosphere for that :)

Met Meno at 11 this morning about an hour later than I wanted:rolleyes:, but lets be honest, the man needs his beauty sleep!

Very enjoyable run at a nice comfortable pace.

12.6 miles in 1:44:59 Average pace 8:19 min miles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

jcsmum wrote: »
    You're welcome. :p

Tipping him off, still did no good :P

menoscemo wrote: »
    Tipping him off, still did no good :P

Given the discrepancies in the chip times across the board, I must conceed defeat to Digger.

Next race for me is the series half in September, watch this space!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

great run at the weekend :)

great run at the weekend :)

Thanks Mister.

I woke up this morning thinking that I wasn't pushed about running DCM, it may pass but watch this space.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

I woke up this morning thinking that I wasn't pushed about running DCM, it may pass but watch this space.

Get on with it :rolleyes:

pistol_75 wrote: »
    Get on with it :rolleyes:

Other fish to fry you see!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Longer or shorter?

pistol_75 wrote: »
    Longer or shorter?

Shorter!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Shorter!

sub 18 5k before Brian gets there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

Shorter!

I think you're on to sth.
    Since others convinced me to drop the marathon, I'm relieved and I reckon I'll post a much faster time next year or the year after than I would if I just kept at them every 6 months or so.
    Now I'm excited by the mile and 5k and really trying to hammer those times down. Will improve you tenfold in my opinion. Really glad I saw the light :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

Let me guess, a sub 1'30 half marathon in the Waterford half in December. I shall be relieving you of your money for that one too :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Let me guess, a sub 1'30 half marathon in the Waterford half in December. I shall be relieving you of your money for that one too :p

One little win on a bet and he's suddenly all cocky. :rolleyes::pac:

Oh ye of little faith!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

Oh ye of little faith!

Did i pinpoint your target then? No need to run DCM if your serious about it. Could go for a marathon in the spring then.

Advertisement