Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mr Slow: The Return

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

ecoli wrote: »
    Shhh.... Its hidden away in the training logs so hopefully not too many we see:p

Chinguetti said the same thing, there'll be nowhere safe to hide! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

If he knows that people are agreeing with him and saying he's right, we're all in trouble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Don't worry, I've buried the evidence

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

ecoli wrote: »
    Shhh.... Its hidden away in the training logs so hopefully not too many we see:p

Too late, I saw it before it was edited. If people are wondering, Ecoli said I was right :D. It was the proudest moment of my life :cool:

menoscemo wrote: »
    Ecoli said I was right :D. I

That would never happen.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Too late, I saw it before it was edited. If people are wondering, Ecoli said I was right :D. It was the proudest moment of my life :cool:

You saw what? Did anyone else see this supposed quote that meno saw? :confused: :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

You saw what? Did anyone else see this supposed quote that meno saw? :confused: :pac:
    Yep its in my email inbox, always forget to unsubscribe from threads i post in so my spam inbox is full of boards replies :). I'd post it but i don't want to step on anyones toes.

Yep its in my email inbox, always forget to unsubscribe from threads i post in so my spam inbox is full of boards replies :). I'd post it but i don't want to step on anyones toes.

Just turn off notifications!:)

Why on earth are you subscribed to this crap thread? :confused:

Bite me!:cool:

• Advertisement

Did I say crap? I meant wonderful. No really, I did.

Did I say crap? I meant wonderful. No really, I did.

Better!:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

I'm subscribed to every thread i've ever posted on, it does it automatically, doesnt it? Except your log, i don't subscribe to fiction :p
    All goes into the spam folder anyway so who cares really and its quite useful for reading posts subsequently edited my mods ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I'm subscribed to every thread i've ever posted on, it does it automatically, doesnt it? Except your log, i don't subscribe to fiction :p
    All goes into the spam folder anyway so who cares really and its quite useful for reading posts subsequently edited my mods ;)

I think I might actually fill a full Gmail inbox if I hadn't turned off the notifications for everything except reported posts and PMs :pac:

6.23 Miles in 50:42, verage pace 8:08 min miles

My legs were stiff and unhappy throughout this run and I was glad to see the back of it. Won't get to run again til Monday where I'll be doing a decent LSR.

Met Meno in the park for a medium lsr this morning, this felt way tougher than it should have, a combination of poor diet, lack of sleep and heat I suppose.

14.02 Miles in 1:59:14, average pace 8:29 min miles

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Mr Slow wrote: »
    Met Meno in the park for a medium lsr this morning, this felt way tougher than it should have, a combination of poor diet, lack of sleep and heat I suppose.

14.02 Miles in 1:59:14, average pace 8:29 min miles

That pace looks pretty good to me. :)

Ever since I decided to try and break away from heel striking I've been looking at safe means to do it, while deciding which route to take I've managed to convert to a mid foot land injury free. Chi Running is something that has now caught my eye and I employed a few form changes in tonight's run which I found immensely helpful. I won't bore you all with the details but I ran 10k tonight 23 seconds slower than my recent race time (which I know is a bit soft but still...) in the lashing rain relatively comfortably by applying a few small changes to my technique.:D

10k in 44:03 average pace 7:06 min miles.

What's your 10k time? 43:40? That's more than a 'bit' soft...

What's your 10k time? 43:40? That's more than a 'bit' soft...

Should I be flattered or insulted?:pac:

• Advertisement

Should I be flattered or insulted?:pac:

Flattered. That post counts as a massive compliment from me! :D

I'll print it off and frame it so!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Did you enjoy your chicken fillet burger meal? Mine was lovely, though they were a bit scabby with the chips though...

Did you enjoy your chicken fillet burger meal? Mine was lovely, though they were a bit scabby with the chips though...

There was feck all chips, very impressive chips though - good choice. The dogs seemed to enjoy the chicken fillet burger.

There was feck all chips, very impressive chips though - good choice. The dogs seemed to enjoy the chicken fillet burger.

Feck off with ye're fast food, my body is a temple, my body is a temple....:cool:

A weekend run in the middle of nowhere, literally! From Clonbur to Cong (set of The Quiet Man) and back via a trail road through the forest. This was very hard on the legs from the off and looking at the Garmin report I can see why, even the downhill bits felt uphill towards the end. Great training but with poor footing at times and the humidity in the forest it was a task more than a pleasure and I'll be keeping the pace down if I repeat it next week.

9.5 (Garmin took a while to connect) miles in 1:17:37 average pace 8:21 min miles

Met up with a mate for a nice handy run, legs feeling much better now.

7.04 miles in 58:38 average pace 8:19 min miles.

Felt wrecked starting this run and was even going to drop the LT session for this week for fear of not being able to complete it but it went better than expected.

2 mile w/u at 8:30 pace followed by 4 miles in 27:32 average pace 6:53 with a 2.44 mile w/d

Garmin Connect is painfully slow tonight so no link.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭slowsteady

Garmin Connect is painfully slow tonight so no link.

I thought it was just culchie broadband, good to know the Pale gets the same service :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Oh to live in a world free of Garmins and their problems:D

Go out and run lads and don't worry about the tech stuff

Advertisement