Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mr Slow: The Return

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

Mr Slow wrote: »
    You've exposed your soft underbelly, we're all onto you now!

Care to elaborate on that one Mr. Slow? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

Aimman wrote: »

Check out her recent posts, much more caring and sharing! Point is, she can't ever go back to her former incarnation!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

Check out her recent posts, much more caring and sharing! Point is, she can't ever go back to her former incarnation!

Thank God for that. I thought she'd had a wardrobe malfunction during a training session :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

If you were a horse, we'd shoot you. :pac:

Can I do the shooting? :pac:

(Might be better at that than I seem to be at running at the moment...)

Can I do the shooting? :pac:

(Might be better at that than I seem to be at running at the moment...)

Nice when your former mentor pops in to kick you when you're down!!! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Nice when your former mentor pops in to kick you when you're down!!! :mad:

Was nice when my former mentee popped into my log to do the same thing last week. :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Aimman wrote: »

I think he's calling me fat again :pac:

Was nice when my former mentee popped into my log to do the same thing last week. :pac:

I only questioned the gender of your bicycle!!!:pac: Xena the big hairy, knuckle draggin, sweaty dude bike!:P
    I think he's calling me fat again :pac:

Paranoid much? :P

Better day today, this was by no means an easy run but I pushed the pace a few times just to see how the legs felt and they weren't happy.

I'll take it very easy for the rest of the week and just do what I can on Saturday.

6.2 miles in 48:03 average pace 7:45.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

:rolleyes:

What was the purpose of this run? Recovery?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

RayCun wrote: »

I had to bite my tongue when I saw it ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

menoscemo wrote: »

I had to bite my tongue when I saw it ;)

Will we be hearing about sore legs tomorrow lads?

I needed a good run, running is 90% mental for me - now I know I can hold 7:30's and that gives me confidence, if I hadn't done this run I wouldn't have known where I am for the race.

I pushed the pace a few times just to see how the legs felt and they weren't happy.

Your legs aren't happy because every time they start to recover from a hard run, you go out and do another hard run, 'just to see how they are'.:p

Your legs aren't happy because every time they start to recover from a hard run, you go out and do another hard run, 'just to see how they are'.:p

Hard is relative, I've been running slow for 10 days. Saturday will tell.

4 mile recovery run with 400m @ 7 min miles (just to see;))

Feeling a bit better about life, tomorrow's race will have me back on track or set me back, either way I'll know where I stand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Best of luck in the morning if we don't RV beforehand!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,855 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Best of luck tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭outforarun

Good luck tomorrow. Looking forward to your report.

I would just like to point out that I believed in you. :pac:

• Advertisement

I would just like to point out that I believed in you. :pac:

You're the wind beneath my wings ;)

Race report to follow....

I parked about 1.5 miles from the Start, giving myself and a mate a nice little warm up, I'd have liked to put in a few strides but with the amount of people around it wasn't going to happen. Met Racoon and a few of the boardsies 15 mins before the race and after a quick chat made my way to the start.

I jumped in about 3/400 people behind the 1:30 pacers hoping they'd cut a path through the crowds for me. I wasn't feeling it at all, I didn't feel like the legs could go 2 miles @ 7 min pace never mind 13.1 but the race started and I was going for it. I passed Raycun a few hundred metres in and wondered would he scrap his plan in order to get vengeance for Dunshaughlin? The first mile marker matched the Garmin as did the first 4 and the time was just under 7:10 so I had a bit of work to do but knowing the course so well, knew there were fast downhills ahead and I was going to use them, I kept even effort and watched the pace fall naturally which gained me a few seconds, I was amused on both occasions after going through the water station before mile 3 to see a sign facing the wrong way advising that the water station was 100m ahead.:) Things were feeling comfortable through the s bends and down Military hill where I dropped my hat:mad:, no going back now I thought.

Up the hill at Wellington without a problem and onto Chesterfield where the wheels felt like they were starting to come off, I could see the 1:30 balloons ahead and was fantasizing about a miraculous burst of strength at the end to cross the line with them:rolleyes:. Pace dropped to 7:20 and my heart sank when I realised we had to go all the way up around the roundabout, I put my head down and just watched the road ducking in behind guys half my height trying to avoid the slightest breath of wind. Around the roundabout and up by the zoo I was recovering ground but couldn't get the pace down to 7 flat so I just dug in, unable to calculate I just told myself there's be a new 10 mile pb at least and the downhills wouldn't be far after that. I hid from the wind behind a dude with a woman's bum (couldn't help noticing as I was crouching:o), through 10 miles in 1:11 odd shaving 3 mins off of Mallow and onto the downhills where I felt like I was dying, my legs muscles were empty and it felt like my groin was driving them, I managed to average a flat 7 for miles 11 and 12, I wanted to cry on Acres hill and as I recovered heading towards the 13 mile marker Chinguetti gave a shout followed by Racoon, I tried to push ahead knowing Brian's greedy little hands were seconds away from my hard earned €10, alas I was fcuked and shuffled across the line in 1:33:36 (chip time)

I feel I could run faster, but yesterday I ran as fast as I could and I'm thrilled to shave 16 secs shy of 20 minutes off of my pb from last year.

I dropped into Ryan's much later and had a good laugh with the lads with Meno providing the entertainment. Recovery run later and then back into serious training for DCM.

Things were feeling comfortable through the s bends and down Military hill where I dropped my hat

That's why I didn't see you on Chesterfield - I was looking for the hat

That's why I didn't see you on Chesterfield - I was looking for the hat

It always goes into the back of the belt, I have it down to a fine art, problem is - it was a new belt.

Were you going to mount a challenge?

It always goes into the back of the belt, I have it down to a fine art, problem is - it was a new belt.

Were you going to mount a challenge?

No, I was running my own race :):D:cool::pac:

No, I was running my own race

Jees Ray it was just a question.:(

fixed :pac:

Ray was just trying to beat my time. Bet he didn't run 20 miles the day after his half marathon though. :pac:

Ray was just trying to beat my time. Bet he didn't run 20 miles the day after his half marathon though. :pac:

You know, I was coming back home from my 4 mile run this morning, thinking "what kind of a lunatic would stay out for 16 more??" :pac:

• Advertisement

You know, I was coming back home from my 4 mile run this morning, thinking "what kind of a lunatic would stay out for 16 more??" :pac:

That's what the cool people get to do when they don't 'race' :cool:

Advertisement