Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mr Slow: The Return

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

menoscemo wrote: »
    Good going. As I said to you on sunday, you should find yourself a race pronto. You are guaranteed to take another few minutes off that time. Would you consider the aware race on saturday?

No can do, Saturday's are spoken for, for the foreseeable:(

chinguetti wrote: »
    Agree with Meno in this. Doing a PB in training is a sign you're doing something right and while doing a light training programme, the PBs can be a mighty leap from your previous ones. At least 2 minutes faster in a race for a 10k i would think and the boost to confidence is just something else.

If you don't do Aware, there's the Cupid's 10k in February. A PB in 5k, 10k and 5 mile by mid March would be a good start to 2011 and show you that you're training is going well.

I'll look into that one, thanks.

Agree with Meno in this. Doing a PB in training is a sign you're doing something right and while doing a light training programme, the PBs can be a mighty leap from your previous ones. At least 2 minutes faster in a race for a 10k i would think and the boost to confidence is just something else.

If you don't do Aware, there's the Cupid's 10k in February. A PB in 5k, 10k and 5 mile by mid March would be a good start to 2011 and show you that you're training is going well.

Just looked at this, up and down the Kyber at the end is a bit of a stinger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

mrslow wrote: »

Yeah but it is not too bad. You've been up that Kyber enough times by now not to lose too much time on it, plus you get to fly back down afterwards.
    Stick a time down now as a marker and you'll destroy it again in later in the year.

Are you in for the Raheny 5 by the way?

menoscemo wrote: »
    Yeah but it is not too bad. You've been up that Kyber enough times by now not to lose too much time on it, plus you get to fly back down afterwards.
    Stick a time down now as a marker and you'll destroy it again in later in the year.

Are you in for the Raheny 5 by the way?

Signed up and ready to rock baby!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Not the first time you've been up the Kyber....;)

digger2d2 wrote: »
    Not the first time you've been up the Kyber....;)

You've spent a fair amount of time in the Furry Glen dude, people in glass houses......:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

MrSlow, hills are your friend. Need i say more;)

You've spent a fair amount of time in the Furry Glen dude, people in glass houses......:D

I'm not sure which 'place' you are actually referring to here....;)

I'm not sure which 'place' you are actually referring to here....;)

I know you favour approaching from the rear end (of the Furry Glen) if that clarifies it for you.:D

• Advertisement

MrSlow, hills are your friend. Need i say more;)

'Hills are your friend, pain is your friend, cardiac arrest is your friend' I know, I know.

To anyone looking in my training thus far might seem quite erratic, and they'd be dead right but I'm on a learning curve and so on the advice of another person far more knowledgeable than I (ecoli), this is how tonight went.

1.75 mile warm up @ 8:45 min miles
    400m x 10 repeats @ 7 min mile pace and 60 sec recovery, to raise my lactate threshold. next week I'll do a session of speed repeats to boost my stroke volume/VO2 max (see I is learnin) the following week will be paced hill repeats to improve on running form and economy etc etc:D

1.75 mile cool down @ 8:15 min miles (not much of a cool down:rolleyes:) followed by a few mins showing off all my new found information:P on boards.

To anyone looking in my training thus far might seem quite erratic, and they'd be dead right but I'm on a learning curve and so on the advice of another person far more knowledgeable than I (ecoli), this is how tonight went.

1.75 mile warm up @ 8:45 min miles
    400m x 10 repeats @ 7 min mile pace and 60 sec recovery, to raise my lactate threshold. next week I'll do a session of speed repeats to boost my stroke volume/VO2 max (see I is learnin) the following week will be paced hill repeats to improve on running form and economy etc etc:D

1.75 mile cool down @ 8:15 min miles (not much of a cool down:rolleyes:) followed by a few mins showing off all my new found information:P on boards.

What in the name of God are you up to :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭JEmily

Do i have to start a new thread so soon, i'm still on my holidays:cool: isn't everyone else?

What in the name of God are you up to :eek:

I was wearing my new tights, use your imagination...;)
    JEmily wrote: »
    Do i have to start a new thread so soon, i'm still on my holidays:cool: isn't everyone else?

Holidays? It's been 3 months, back to work young lady!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭JEmily

I was wearing my new tights, use your imagination...;)

Holidays? It's been 3 months, back to work young lady!:mad:

:(

JEmily wrote: »
    :(

See you at 1pm on Sunday in the park:)

He'll be the one hanging out with Stan Collymore.....;);)

Sorry dude, you've lost me there.

Sorry dude, you've lost me there.

I'll PM you......;)

• Advertisement

I'll PM you......;)

Thanks for the explanation! Smart A*s

Met up with Chinguetti, Rk, Meno, Claralara and a few others for 10 miles today, averaged abot 9:40 pace with the exception of the last half mile where I stupidly asked the human duracell bunny(meno) if we could pick up the pace for the home stretch and after running 13 x 7 min miles yesterday, that's what he took off at and even though I kept with him for a while, I was done by the time we came close to the car park, he ran the long way in, looking as fresh as a daisy,

It's enough to make you puke:P

Met up with Chinguetti, Rk, Meno, Claralara and a few others for 10 miles today, averaged abot 9:40 pace with the exception of the last half mile where I stupidly asked the human duracell bunny(meno) if we could pick up the pace for the home stretch and after running 13 x 7 min miles yesterday, that's what he took off at and even though I kept with him for a while, I was done by the time we came close to the car park, he ran the long way in, looking as fresh as a daisy,

It's enough to make you puke:P

:D The man is running 400 miles per week and is supplementing his porridge with Human Growth Hormone! (This statement is not factual and is nothing but hearsay supplied by his twin chinguetti)

I've just found out the Raheny 5 mile is out, going for a medical procedure on the 31st requiring preparation on the Sunday:eek: :(

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

sorry to hear it, hope its nothing too serious

RayCun wrote: »
    sorry to hear it, hope its nothing too serious

Thanks Ray, my hope is following the exam, I'll get my social life back;)

I just signed up for the Cupid's Dash 10k!

Ran 1.5 mile warm up and cool down (too fast for both) with 3 miles at 7:45 (I don't think this is my tempo pace, might run @ 8 min miles next time)

6 miles in 49:15!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

I've just found out the Raheny 5 mile is out, going for a medical procedure on the 31st requiring preparation on the Sunday:eek: :(

What's the problem? Just tell then you'll be in by 5pm. You can't let little things like your health get in the way of your running. Get a grip man! :P

• Advertisement

We're back on, procedure has been moved to Wednesday 2nd so I'm good to go!

Advertisement