Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mr Slow: The Return

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,855 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Are you doing a 10k in the taper?

Thinking of Dondea 10k, how about yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

Are you doing a 10k in the taper?

Thinking of Dondea 10k, how about yourself?

I signed up today, have you done the 10k race followed by lsr yet?

Nope. But its only a 16 mile run so will do it local in lucan.

Might not go all out in the race, but will sign up tonight.

Do you recommend the approach?

Nope. But its only a 16 mile run so will do it local in lucan.

Might not go all out in the race, but will sign up tonight.

Do you recommend the approach?

All I can say is that it's there for a reason and I ran well in Cork off of the back of the program, I was however shattered after it and unable to complete the 3 x 1 mile @ 5k pace, but a nice shiny new 10k pb leading into the marathon is good for the confidence. Trust in P&D ;)

Cool, i sign up tonight so.

If i miss the 3x1600m runs it be ok as have done 3 sessions with 5/4 x 1000m

Might do the speed session with the club instead that night, it be 400, 800,1000, 1000, 800,400

Havent run 10k since April and that was a pb of 44:17.

Any idea if the course is flat or hilly?

• Advertisement

Cool, i sign up tonight so.

If i miss the 3x1600m runs it be ok as have done 3 sessions with 5/4 x 1000m

Might do the speed session with the club instead that night, it be 400, 800,1000, 1000, 800,400

Havent run 10k since April and that was a pb of 44:17.

Any idea if the course is flat or hilly?

Chinguetti's post
    says it all, one slight hill at 2k. What are you hoping for?

Not sure what I am looking for, as alot of miles will be in the legs before I get there, as did 20 last sat, another 20 sat week and not sure what m plan is for this weekend.

If i get in around 44:xx I be happy.

What about you?

Not sure what I am looking for, as alot of miles will be in the legs before I get there, as did 20 last sat, another 20 sat week and not sure what m plan is for this weekend.

If i get in around 44:xx I be happy.

What about you?

You did 44 odd in April and having gone through most of P&D you should be expecting better than the same.

I'll be going for sub 42, ideally 41:40 to knock 2 mins off of my Dunshaughlin time which is soft but it remains to be seen how soft. I was going to do the Racepix 5k but I think I'd be pushing it that close to DCM.

Aim low and see what happens :D

Just entered there now. Looking forward to it already:)

Aim low and see what happens

Aim high and hang on!!!;)

• Advertisement

4.2 mile warm up at 8:30 followed by 5 x 600m @ 5k race pace.

Some were faster than others, found it hard to sit into pace and just ran on feel, the last one had a sting to it.

Splits (av pace): 5.52,6.04,6.31,6.00 and 5.35.

1.6 mile warm down @ 10 min miles.

10 miles in 1:30:37 average pace 9:02 min miles.

I've been worried recently that every run was taxing on my quads and hamstrings and only realised tonight why, I've nearly 600 miles in these runners and they're shot! When I was heel striking I'd have noticed earlier because my IT Band would have been the first warning sign. Off to Base2Race with me in the morning!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Mr Slow wrote: »
    Off to Base2Race with me in the morning!:D

You've been hanging around with RQ too long :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

I've nearly 600 miles in these runners and they're shot!

Yea, noticed earlier that one of my pairs is also shot, wondering what to do. Im sure the fine gents in Amphibian King can help me. Wondering about maybe getting a light racing shoe for the marathon and other races?

shazkea wrote: »
    You've been hanging around with RQ too long :)

Picked them up this morning, they changed the colour and are very pretty :D

Mine!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Yea, noticed earlier that one of my pairs is also shot, wondering what to do. Im sure the fine gents in Amphibian King can help me. Wondering about maybe getting a light racing shoe for the marathon and other races?

Not for the marathon, not at this stage :eek:

I wouldn't change your shoe at this stage, just buy the Brooks again, remember what it was like changing over to them? Imagine something completely different with 4 weeks to go. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

+1 on what the others are saying Vagga. A light racing shoe would tear your legs in 2. For 5k/10k maybe. TheRoadrunner ran 2:36 in Kayano's last Sunday. Your normal training shoe shouldnt stop you from hitting your time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Thanks folks - was just wondering :)

3rd [and final ever] pair of Glycerin 8's ordered :cool:

Thanks folks - was just wondering :)

3rd [and final ever] pair of Glycerin 8's ordered :cool:

I bought Kinvaras a few weeks back, love them, a few issues but I hope to be lashing through 5k's in them next year! :)

• Advertisement

10 miles in 1:30 average pace 9 min miles.

I managed to miss the rain this evening to take my new babies out for a trot. I noticed a big difference with the cushioning and hopefully that'll help the legs get back to feeling 100% especially with the session I have planned for Sunday :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

So - 7.45 pace? 3.23 target? :)

RayCun wrote: »
    So - 7.45 pace? 3.23 target? :)

No, it's a suck it and see workout, I'm considering sub 3:25 and want to see how tomorrow's workout goes - 4 mile wu, 14 miles @7:45 and 2 warm down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

No, it's a suck it and see workout, I'm considering sub 3:25 and want to see how tomorrow's workout goes - 4 mile wu, 14 miles @7:45 and 2 warm down.

yeah, to run sub 3'25 you will have to do 7'45s by the garmin. My Berlin time was 3'26 and the av pace was 7'47/mile according to Garmin. The course will always measure long on the garmin, costing about 2 minutes.

menoscemo wrote: »
    yeah, to run sub 3'25 you will have to do 7'45s by the garmin. My Berlin time was 3'26 and the av pace was 7'47/mile according to Garmin. The course will always measure long on the garmin, costing about 2 minutes.

Exactly, think it was about .25 of a mile last year which is 2 mins @ 8 min miles

Hope ye guys dont get the weather I had today, rivers flowing out my runners:mad:

Great strenght training though, runners still soaked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Hope ye guys dont get the weather I had today, rivers flowing out my runners:mad:

Great strenght training though, runners still soaked

It was something else... I spent 3 hours running in it... Warmest day of the year recently and then monsoon weather :confused:

For a variety of reasons this run was tough aside from the fact that it was a hard session.

I met jcsmum and Pistol @ 9am and after a 4 mile chat we parted ways and I started my PMP session, I really had to hold back on the first mile but by 4 miles in it was feeling hard, I wasn't on form anyway but to me it felt ridiculous that this pace was heavy going given my pace in the half. I decided to start on the south end of the park (more of a workout with the hills) and after 9.4 miles (total) I linked up with Meno and we followed the 10 mile route, hills were hard and drags were tougher and I spent the last two miles of the PMP part feeling like I was closing in on the finish of the marathon itself. we did a 2 mile warm down and I shuffled along bringing the run to a close @ 9:3x pace but just in time to see the Marie Keating Foundation release a load of pink balloons.

20 miles in 2:45:09 average pace 8:15 min miles.

4 miles @ average 9:34
    14 miles @ average 7:43
    2 miles @ average 9:20

I would not have finished this run on target if it were not for Meno, has to be said!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Those PMP miles were surely a tad faster that 7'46 :confused: More like 7'43?

• Advertisement

menoscemo wrote: »
    Those PMP miles were surely a tad faster that 7'46 :confused: More like 7'43?

I averaged it on the phone, could be wrong alright, if you say 7:43 we'll go with that! :D

Advertisement