Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mr Slow: The Return

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

6.3 miles in 56:56 average pace 9:02 min miles.

Legs were feeling a bit taxed after my torture session yesterday, also feeling a little man fluey:eek:, will pibe it for tonights 8 miles with 3 x 1 mile @ 5k pace:(.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Mr Slow wrote: »
    tonights 8 miles with 3 x 1 mile @ 5k pace:(.

What recovery are you allowing between each interval? Am hoping to do this session but very hard where I run to find somewhere suitable for this distance of interval without interruption.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

pistol_75 wrote: »
    What recovery are you allowing between each interval? Am hoping to do this session but very hard where I run to find somewhere suitable for this distance of interval without interruption.

Your recoveries should be 50-90% of your interval time. So 6.20 (?) a mile, then 4-5 minutes recovery.

As Ray said 50 - 90% of interval time but the important thing is that these are run at recent 5k pace and not what you would like to run 5k at.

As Ray said 50 - 90% of interval time but the important thing is that these are run at recent 5k pace and not what you would like to run 5k at.

What if you have never run a 5K? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

pistol_75 wrote: »
    What if you have never run a 5K? :rolleyes:

Stick another recent similar race time (4 mile, 5 mile, 10k etc) into mcmillan and see what it gives you for 5k.

6.3 miles in 49 odd, first half of his run felt horrible but I was flying for the second. I wasn't looking at the Garmin deliberately so as to practice running by feel, I think I'll go back to running by Garmin because I finished up on a sub 7 min mile:eek:

what happened to your 3x1600?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

6.3 miles in 49 odd, first half of his run felt horrible but I was flying for the second. I wasn't looking at the Garmin deliberately so as to practice running by feel, I think I'll go back to running by Garmin because I finished up on a sub 7 min mile:eek:

Yep, but see how easy it was to do a sub 7 without looking at the watch, you weren't putting pressure on yourself. Its great when you just go out for a run without the watch, esp when your confidence is low or you're coming back from a lay off.

I think its the way forward.

RayCun wrote: »

I'm not doing it, I've been feeling ropey all week and am reluctant to push myself in case I end up feeling sh1te for the next week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

I'm not doing it, I've been feeling ropey all week and am reluctant to push myself in case I end up feeling sh1te for the next week.

Taper madness starting early this time!?? ;)

Fair enough. There are some strides in the easy runs next week, aren't there?

digger2d2 wrote: »
    Taper madness starting early this time!?? ;)

Ha ha, it would appear to be madness that I'm using sense in my approach to training ;)
    Fair enough. There are some strides in the easy runs next week, aren't there?

Yep, I was actually looking forward to that session but I just feel I'm fighting something and taking the foot off the gas is the way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Preservation is key.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,855 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

CHICKEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

CHICKEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

I didn't see it in your log either ;)

I am sure you saw Mr Slow calling me chicken in my log last week for saying i was skipping the same session:rolleyes:

12 horrible miles:(.

Met up with the gang in the park after a night without sleep and a very sick stomach, Claralara pushed the pace the whole way through and it was great to see her running and smiling at the same time.

We finished the run trying to get the pace down to an 8 min mile to see how she felt and in the last 100m we were running at 7 mins per mile pace and she looked like there was more to come.

you weren't running like you were sick...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Dreadful case of the manflu, dontcha know :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

I wouldn't like to start to be feeling sick at this stage.
    This could ruin your whole race year.:mad:

you weren't running like you were sick...

I wouldn't let something like illness hold me back;)
    Dreadful case of the manflu, dontcha know :pac:

:mad:
    menoscemo wrote: »
    I wouldn't like to start to be feeling sick at this stage.
    This could ruin your whole race year.:mad:

Sorry Pal, you'll have to search elsewhere for the crazies!:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

12 horrible miles:(.

Met up with the gang in the park after a night without sleep and a very sick stomach, Claralara pushed the pace the whole way through and it was great to see her running and smiling at the same time.

We finished the run trying to get the pace down to an 8 min mile to see how she felt and in the last 100m we were running at 7 mins per mile pace and she looked like there was more to come.

Good to meet ya today and best of luck on Monday week!
    3:30 is very achievable for you and if everything goes as it should you'll whip its ass!

belcarra wrote: »
    Good to meet ya today and best of luck on Monday week!
    3:30 is very achievable for you and if everything goes as it should you'll whip its ass!

You too, best of luck in NY!

6.3 Miles in 58:41 average pace 9:21

Slooooow run, didn't feel like picking up the pace like I normally would so I just cruised along. Legs feeling strong though so taper seems to be doing it's thing!

6 Miles with 2 @ pace (7:45)

I was too quick in the first few miles hovering around 8:10, legs felt great but the 2 @ pace felt like more effort than they should, hopefully on the day it'll be fine.

There was a wind out there also!! So you could of been into the wind, i found that last night, two miles into the wind and the last with the wind brought my time back down

There was a wind out there also!! So you could of been into the wind, i found that last night, two miles into the wind and the last with the wind brought my time back down

It was too fast regardless, ah well! :)

Think our legs know its rest time :D

Never felt so lazy, sport massage today though.

And its nearly impossible to stop eating all around me:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

6 Miles with 2 @ pace (7:45)

I was too quick in the first few miles hovering around 8:10, legs felt great but the 2 @ pace felt like more effort than they should, hopefully on the day it'll be fine.

Random thought just entered my head. So if your aiming for 3'20 and you start at the head of wave 2 and push on at mile 5 or 6, you could (in theory) go the rest of the race without seeing another runner, assuming everyone in wave 1 runs their target time. Scary thought.

Advertisement