Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mr Slow: The Return

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

6.29 miles in 47:10, 2mile Wu with 4@160 hr, 7 min miles

The wind wasn't too much of a factor thankfully tonight but was a bitch in parts. The tempo started well and I was running comfortably hard until about a half mile from the end when my right quad gripped my knee like a vice and I had to pull up. I stretched it for a few minutes and started off again, it dissolved after a hundred metres or so and I cruised home abandoning the cool down for fear of antagonising my quad again.

Not sure what happened but I suspect the race combined with new runners and a noisy footfall have a lot to do with it.

I have just signed up for Connemara 2013 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

Mr Slow wrote: »
    I have just signed up for Connemara 2013 :D

Tell me its not the ultra :p

What do you think? :pac:

What do you think? :pac:

Certain kaboom either way :p

• Advertisement

Certain kaboom either way :p

WTF? I've never Kaboomed!

The cheek of yer man ^

Need I remind him I ran myself into the ground chasing the clock and hit my target, no Kabooming here thank you!!! :mad:

Today I decided to explore an amenity that's been on my doorstep for 10 years and I've never exploited it, The Royal Canal.

I entered at Clonsilla and ran up to Leixlip, the round trip from the house came in at 8 perfect miles, the terrain was a bit rugged and effort was a little higher because of it but the weather was perfect, there were very few people about and I'll be spending a lot of my Summer training here methinks.:)

Almost 14 miles this morning with Brian in the Park, the miles flew by with the chat and it was topped off with an ice cream with not one but two flakes.

There's a sense of Summer about.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

2 flakes, now that's just plain greedy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

Almost 14 miles this morning with Brian in the Park, the miles flew by with the chat and it was topped off with an ice cream with not one but two flakes.

Spotted the van and would have loved one, but never brough change with me today, School boy error

• Advertisement

shels4ever wrote: »

Spotted the van and would have loved one, but never brough change with me today, School boy error

That's the kind of mistake one makes only once ;-)

4 mile recovery plus enough of another mile to bring me up to 50 miles for the week, very happy with that until I checked my email and found this week's schedule - 56 miles:eek:

Legs were in ribbons this morning but lots of tlc and pain have them back to feeling pretty ****e but good enough to cover ground on.:)

8 Miles easy (8:04 pace) HR 147

Took a run out towards Dunboyne, managed to miss any rain thankfully. My legs felt a bit unhappy to begin with but I was cruising along after 3 miles, the schedule for this week is packed with little beauty sessions, so I'm looking forward to Sunday's LSR and some ice cream ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

That not a bit fast for an easy run?

RayCun wrote: »
    That not a bit fast for an easy run?

Easy pace for me is 140 - 145 hr, generally around 8:15 pace, I had one fast mile which brought down the average.

Thursday - 8.08 miles easy 8:27 pace 146HR
    Friday - 5.48 miles very easy 8:53 pace 138 HR
    Today - 16 miles 8:14 pace 151 HR

Met Mr. Chinguetti this morning on the canal for a trip out into the countryside. What a fantastic amenity the Royal canal is, once we passed Leixlip train station we came upon what can only be described as a promenade with a picnic area, the Leixlip Spa waterfall and a Romanesque Public Bath, it was absolutely beautiful. Chinguetti spun around here and headed back but I pushed on towards Maynooth, the further I moved from home the more picture postcard it became, I can't wait to get out there again, roll on the Summer LSR's :)

On the negative my new runners are cause my left foot to 'roll in' which is creating a lot of tightness from the Glutes down, the longer the run went on the weaker my left ankle felt and the footfall was all over the place, I'm going to revert to the Brooks for a few runs to see if it rectifies the situation, they may knacker the legs but they don't injure them. :o

Any ice cream van in Maynooth? :D Nice running, great to freshen things up with new routes.

Any ice cream van in Maynooth? :D Nice running.

Unfortunately I stopped short of civilisation, next time I'll get there!!! :)

Nice pace, lucky you guys didn't have any stragglers :rolleyes:

jcsmum wrote: »
    Nice pace, lucky you guys didn't have any stragglers :rolleyes:

Ah, I was pushing it a bit, hamstrings are tired now, it would have made a far more enjoyable run at a softer pace. See you next week for the LSR?

• Advertisement

1.8 mile recovery run, without doubt the most enjoyable recovery run ever because I got to do it with my 6 year old daughter in her first 'proper' race, she never faltered and even though I could see it was starting to get tough towards the end she still managed a sprint finish. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

1.8 mile recovery run, without doubt the most enjoyable recovery run ever because I got to do it with my 6 year old daughter in her first 'proper' race, she never faltered and even though I could see it was starting to get tough towards the end she still managed a sprint finish. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Great stuff, well done her.
    Hope she got her ice cream with 2 flakes :D

Woddle wrote: »
    Great stuff, well done her.
    Hope she got her ice cream with 2 flakes :D

We'll be celebrating for a while, roll on the next one. :)

Ah bless, Jack ran a 100 meter race last Monday. He came last, but I was so emotional it was ridiculous. They all got a little trophy so he was delighted.

jcsmum wrote: »
    Ah bless, Jack ran a 100 meter race last Monday. He came last, but I was so emotional it was ridiculous. They all got a little trophy so he was delighted.

It's great to batter encourage them into running :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Met Mr. Chinguetti this morning on the canal for a trip out into the countryside. What a fantastic amenity the Royal canal is, once we passed Leixlip train station we came upon what can only be described as a promenade with a picnic area, the Leixlip Spa waterfall and a Romanesque Public Bath, it was absolutely beautiful. Chinguetti spun around here and headed back but I pushed on towards Maynooth, the further I moved from home the more picture postcard it became, I can't wait to get out there again, roll on the Summer LSR's :)

Sounds like a lovely route!

digger2d2 wrote: »
    Sounds like a lovely route!

After Limerick we'll catch up on a run out that way!

After Limerick we'll catch up on a run out that way!

Sounds good!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Yes its a cracking route. Flat as a pancake and nicer and quite too. Had to turn back due to niggly leg but will do the full run another time.

• Advertisement

chinguetti wrote: »
    Yes its a cracking route. Flat as a pancake and nicer and quite too. Had to turn back due to niggly leg but will do the full run another time.

Yep, saw that on your log ;)

Advertisement