Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mr Slow: The Return

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

RayCun wrote: »
    group run followed by group drinks in raheny

yeah, haven't signed up for this yet. Am sitting on the fence. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Lots of chocolate in the goodie bag last year, and a little plaque! go on go on go on go on go on go on go on go on go on go on go on go on go on go on go on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Lotgo on go on go on go on go on go on go on go on go on go on go on go on go on go on go on

Has someone been eating someone been eating a pre-emptive bar or two of chocolate? I'm sensing a suga high! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

I would like to do the race, but it's the logistics of getting over to Raheny on a Sunday for 3pm. OH playing golf on Sunday so it requires some forward planning.....

But lots of chocolate in the goody bag you say.........mmmmmmmm :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

jcsmum wrote: »
    I would like to do the race, but it's the logistics of getting over to Raheny on a Sunday for 3pm. OH playing golf on Sunday so it requires some forward planning.....

But lots of chocolate in the goody bag you say.........mmmmmmmm :D

Sounds like you're off the fence on the Raheny side :D I am in doubt now however.

• Advertisement

claralara wrote: »
    Has someone been eating someone been eating a pre-emptive bar or two of chocolate? I'm sensing a suga high! :pac:

The voice of experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

mrslow wrote: »
    I am in doubt now however.
    Scared you're going to get beaten by jcsmum? :pac:

Scared you're going to get beaten by jcsmum? :pac:

She beat me at Dunshaughlin....

10k in 49 mins, really enjoyed this run, more than a threshold run but kept pretty even to 7:50 min miles throughout and was feeling really strong and fluid at the end. Roll on Cupid's Dash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Did you do Raheny dude?

• Advertisement

digger2d2 wrote: »
    Did you do Raheny dude?

Nope.

Living up to my username I had assumed that 10k = 6.25 miles but it is in fact 6.21 which automatically shaves 19 secs from my 10k pb in training!:)

10k best in training - 47:08

No running since Monday, medical procedure on Wednesday saw to that, hopefully will get out for a few quick ones tonight with an LSR in the morning.:(

Not my fastest by 20 sec over 6.1 miles but I'll take it given I feel like sh1te!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

10k is 6.2 miles :p

Doesn't count if its not a race anyway:)

10k is 6.2 miles :p

Doesn't count if its not a race anyway:)

Fcuk those online convertors anyway, and thanks Ray, hope I can return the favour - soon!:mad: I'm running the Cupid's Dash next Sunday so that'll tell.

Met Claralara early and picked up The Wexican and Chinguetti after and hour, really enjoyable run straight into the wind:rolleyes:

9.9 miles in 1:32 plus 1.1 at an average of 7:30 pace, I just tried to run faster and faster into the wind on the way back to the car with 5:54 as my best pace (wind dropped off near the car:D) Total 11 miles.

I'm running the Cupid's Dash next Sunday so that'll tell.

You'll probably find it pretty tough to get a PB without the awesome company you've become accustomed to...pity. Good luck anyway!

You'll probably find it pretty tough to get a PB without the awesome company you've become accustomed to...pity. Good luck anyway!

I'll try to survive it but it'll be tough going:rolleyes:

Are you not going to be at the finish with an ice cream and a bag of chips?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

Hope you are feeling better MrS!

Those miles are getting faster and faster, great work :)

• Advertisement

RubyK wrote: »
    Hope you are feeling better MrS!

Those miles are getting faster and faster, great work :)

Thanks Ruby, how goes it with you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

Thanks Ruby, how goes it with you?

All's grand here, plodding along!

I'll try to survive it but it'll be tough going:rolleyes:

Are you not going to be at the finish with an ice cream and a bag of chips?

I certainly am. And a can of fizzy orange to suitably cure my hangover. I was planning on being there for 11.05 to cheer you on but a few of my mates are running it as well now so I'll be there to see them finish early from about 10.35. I better wear a warm coat so as not to catch my death waiting for you. :pac:

I certainly am. And a can of fizzy orange to suitably cure my hangover. I was planning on being there for 11.05 to cheer you on but a few of my mates are running it as well now so I'll be there to see them finish early from about 10.35. I better wear a warm coat so as not to catch my death waiting for you. :pac:

Ha Ha, See you at the finish at around 10.45! I'm thinking of going with the mankini option rather than shorts:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Shall we plan a group runto coincide with the Cupids dash?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Ha Ha, See you at the finish at around 10.45! I'm thinking of going with the mankini option rather than shorts:rolleyes:

Jaysus please don't - my sensitive eyes would not be able to handle that sight so early in the morning...actually make that any time of the day!!

Guess whose working on finish line duty so if you do wear that, I'll accidentally misplace your chip and your PB won't count!!

shazkea wrote: »
    Jaysus please don't - my sensitive eyes would not be able to handle that sight so early in the morning...actually make that any time of the day!!

Guess whose working on finish line duty so if you do wear that, I'll accidentally misplace your chip and your PB won't count!!

Are you suggesting I couldn't carry it off?

menoscemo wrote: »
    Shall we plan a group runto coincide with the Cupids dash?

Just suggested that on Claralara's log!

Just suggested that on Claralara's log!

It is where all the cool kids hang out. Where the magic happens. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Where the magic happens. :)

So that's what you kids are calling it these days :)

Advertisement