Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mr Slow: The Return

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

I've heard great things about those shoes. Are they magical?

All Mizunos are brill in my eyes, apart from the dire Wave Inspire 7. Highly recommend them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

chinguetti wrote: »
    All Mizunos are brill in my eyes, apart from the dire Wave Inspire 7. Highly recommend them.

These ones are a bit weird though, there is a massive air gap in them, must make you a few inches taller. Maybe they would suit you chinguetti :p

Mizuno+Wave+Prophecy%5B4%5D.jpg

Surely they are encouraging a heel strike?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

They might suit alright. Sure i could see you from a higher vantage point as i run by you as well so a bonus indeed:D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Mizuno have a few models with the 'air cushion' had a pair a few years ago. They were crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭shivDCM

Mizuno have a few models with the 'air cushion' had a pair a few years ago. They were crap.
    ha ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

shivDCM wrote: »
    what did they set u back?
    I need to get new runners over the next few weeks.
    they look great.

RRP is €200 but I was well looked after in Base2Race :)
    I've heard great things about those shoes. Are they magical?

They're pretty special alright. Designed to last much longer than your standard shoe.
    menoscemo wrote: »
    Surely they are encouraging a heel strike?

They actually push you into a midfoot plant and propel you through a strong toe off, you can't help but raise your heels and your form definately improves.

Check out the video here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

I tried them myself during the week and I can certainly see why you'd like them, I felt like tigger with the amount of spring you could feel from them but overall they just felt too strange for me so I went with the adidas tempo.

Woddle wrote: »
    I tried them myself during the week and I can certainly see why you'd like them, I felt like tigger with the amount of spring you could feel from them but overall they just felt too strange for me so I went with the adidas tempo.

I just fell in love :o:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

They sure are pretty :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

You'll have to change the use name from Mr Slow to Mr Super Fast, you'll be bouncing around the roads in them!!!:D

• Advertisement

Younganne wrote: »
    You'll have to change the use name from Mr Slow to Mr Super Fast, you'll be bouncing around the roads in them!!!:D

Let's hope! Just checked on Garmin Connect and it's two months since I ran anything faster than easy pace.:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,855 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

I get blisters from the Mizuno. Bought Brook's Ghost at the weekend, well impressed so far.

I get blisters from the Mizuno. Bought Brook's Ghost at the weekend, well impressed so far.

I had Brooks Glycerine which made me land with a full foot plant, used to knacker the legs even on easy runs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,855 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Mr Slow wrote: »

I had Brooks Glycerine which made me land with a full foot plant, used to knacker the legs even on easy runs.

Aye. i had them last Sept and did two runs on them and brought them back. went back to the dyad 6.

Tempo session down 'de club' 35 mins @ 7:04 pace HR 171

Legs still not 100% after Cork so will skip what I'm told are brutal interval sessions on Thursday and keep it really easy til next week. I don't know what to do about Dunshaughlin, I love the race and have signed up but am not in pb form so I think I'll run it just for fun and make Donadea my target 10k with my next goal race being the series half.

Legs still not 100% after Cork so will skip what I'm told are brutal interval sessions on Thursday and keep it really easy til next week. I don't know what to do about Dunshaughlin, I love the race and have signed up but am not in pb form so I think I'll run it just for fun and make Donadea my target 10k with my next goal race being the series half.

or just go out and see what happens on the day;) thats what you keeping telling the Novices:p

Younganne wrote: »

or just go out and see what happens on the day;) thats what you keeping telling the Novices:p

Ever heard the expression ' Do as I say and not as I do'? ;-)

Chinguetti called this morning for 10 miles which ended up being 11.75, enjoyed the run and the banter, we took in a lovely run through St. Catherine's Park and out through Leixlip and home along the canal.

Legs are in shreds, Dunshaughlin will be a workout at best.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Chinguetti called this morning for 10 miles which ended up being 11.75, enjoyed the run and the banter, we took in a lovely run through St. Catherine's Park and out through Leixlip and home along the canal.

Legs are in shreds, Dunshaughlin will be a workout at best.

That's a pity about Dunshaughlin as you're such an advocate for this race. You might surprise yourself on the day.

jcsmum wrote: »
    That's a pity about Dunshaughlin as you're such an advocate for this race. You might surprise yourself on the day.

I know, I'd crawl it just to take part but sense has to prevail at some point, I'm not match fit.:(

I'm not doing DCM this year I have decided, I've signed up for the series and hope to smash my half pb in September. Depending on how training goes with the club over the Summer, I'll decide then whether to tackle the Ultra in Connemara or just the Marathon. It's been a decison making day :)

• Advertisement

Shouldn't you be taking it easy today ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Sure all the cool people are missing dunshauglin :)

Shouldn't you be taking it easy today ;)

I did, 9 min miles ;)

5.62 miles average pace 8:26 average HR 149

HR was still elevated for this, a few nights with the incredible vomiting child limiting sleep on top of whatever I'm fighting off has put paid to any hope I had for Saturday. C'est la vie, I'll hopefully be in good nick for the series 5 mile where I can lay down a solid marker to build off of.

Well I've put my finger on the problem, the supplement I've been taking for fatigue normally comes with a 'B' complex built in but this order didn't have that so I've been essentially taking a multivitamin for the last 3 weeks post marathon:rolleyes:. I'm livid that feeling this bad is unnecessary but glad that I know what the issue is. I have a supply left of the original supplement so I'll switch back and will be back on the mend in a few days. I wish the supplier was local so that I could pop around and turn him upside down :mad:

Well I've put my finger on the problem, the supplement I've been taking for fatigue normally comes with a 'B' complex built in but this order didn't have that so I've been essentially taking a multivitamin for the last 3 weeks post marathon:rolleyes:. I'm livid that feeling this bad is unnecessary but glad that I know what the issue is. I have a supply left of the original supplement so I'll switch back and will be back on the mend in a few days. I wish the supplier was local so that I could pop around and turn him upside down :mad:

At least you have identified the problem and sorted it...good stuff, heres hoping you'll be back in top form in no time!!!

I wish the supplier was local so that I could pop around and turn him upside down :mad:

You're not in Limerick now ;)

If I was in Kerry he'd be tarred and feathered before having to marry his sister :P

If I was in Kerry he'd be tarred and feathered before having to marry his sister :P

Hey, I'm not the one with a 'supplier'

• Advertisement

Hey, I'm not the one with a 'supplier'

You're right, those days of indian ink and grabbin are long behind you! :P

Advertisement