Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mr Slow: The Return

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Multi-vitamins ha...miracle supplement no more. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

Multi-vitamins ha...miracle supplement no more. :p

Glad that my misfortune brings you pleasure, I'm unable to race Dunshaughlin because I didn't have the correct formula, now that I'm back on the correct one I will be able to race the 5 mile!

No need to get testy dear - you know I'm only playing off your miracle supplement worship...

No need to get testy dear - you know I'm only playing off your miracle supplement worship...

The humour was lost on me.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Mr Slow wrote: »

The humour was lost on me.:cool:

Obviously your 'vitamins' are clouding your mind.

• Advertisement

jcsmum wrote: »
    Obviously your 'vitamins' are clouding your mind.

Et tu Brute?:(

3:08 miles average pace 8:33 average hr 139.

Body not happy, breathing was way off, I ran 400m @ 6:30 just for feel and it was horrible. Turning into a moany f#cker. :'(

Body not happy, breathing was way off, I ran 400m @ 6:30 just for feel and it was horrible. Turning into a moany f#cker. :'(

'Turning into' ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

'Turning into' ;)

:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭thirstywork2

you will always have days like that in training.Racing is much easier ;)

• Advertisement

3 miles @ 8:20 average HR 147

HR is still high, breathing was ok, the next few days will decide Saturday.

HR is still high, breathing was ok, the next few days will decide Saturday.

Don't worry you can sit down in the pub
    ;)

Don't worry you can sit down in the pub
    ;)

Do I have to dress in drag? :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Do I have to dress in drag? :(

Well it is a ladies night out, so you have to be a lady and wear lady things :p

Well it is a ladies night out, so you have to be a lady and wear lady things :p

Lady things? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Dresses, skirts and heels :p

I've never seen Shaz, Nules, Karen or Sunflower in either a dress or a skirt, does that mean they're not classified as ladies according to your rationale? :)

Forget about the race. Sure all the cool people don't race anymore. :)

Hope you feel better soon.

*hopes message contains enough concern and niceness*

I've never seen Shaz, Nules, Karen or Sunflower in either a dress or a skirt, does that mean they're not classified as ladies according to your rationale? :)

Jeez you're brave

Jeez you're brave

I didn't say that I didn't class ya'll as ladies, RK doesn't because ye don't conform to wearing ladies things.

• Advertisement

Forget about the race. Sure all the cool people don't race anymore. :)

Hope you feel better soon.

*hopes message contains enough concern and niceness*

You were doing ok till the last line.:rolleyes:

4 miles....horror show....contemplating another sport! :( Not logging runs again until there's positivity, sick of moaning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

4 miles....horror show....contemplating another sport! :( Not logging runs again until there's positivity, sick of moaning.

Wow, that voodoo doll works really well...

Also I seem to remember a wise person mentioning you should take up swimming and biking on another log ;)

I can't top the nice sentiments written by RQ so I won't even tri (see what I did there, brilliant at subliminal messages I am :cool:)

You were doing ok till the last line.:rolleyes:

I try and try and try but nothing I ever do is good enough for you :(

Was tough out there yesterday. Struggled big time myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Keep the head up - we know the ability is there!

If I was in your shoes I would maybe seek out who the best person in whole country was to see, and maybe try and get in there and see what they had to say? be that person in a university or the blackrock clinic or something?

Keep the head up - we know the ability is there!

If I was in your shoes I would maybe seek out who the best person in whole country was to see, and maybe try and get in there and see what they had to say? be that person in a university or the blackrock clinic or something?

Thanks J, I'm reluctant to throw money at it especially to consultants who do a battery of tests and then tell you to reduce your stress and sleep more. I'm working for myself and my 4 year old decided it was time for the whole neighbourhood to get up at 5am this morning cure that Doctor! :'(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

I know it's a pretty obvious question but do you sleep enough in general? If I am tired my running suffers a lot but it is lack of sleep, not running that causes the fatigue...

menoscemo wrote: »
    I know it's a pretty obvious question but do you sleep enough in general? If I am tired my running suffers a lot but it is lack of sleep, not running that causes the fatigue...

Generally yes, when the fatigue is at it's worst adding a few hours during the day/early evening to 8/9 hours makes no difference at all. If i was a horse I'd be enroute to the knacker's yard but I'm ever optimistic :-)

Went up to this with low expectations, met Meno and Co. before the start and went for a warm up, after 12 mins and a few strides we made our way to the Start. Sub 20 was the goal :o I ran the first mile on target pace and then the legs gave out, they had nothing left so rather than press the issue I dropped back to 7:30 pace and started feeling sorry for myself, I picked it up a bit coming into the finish finishing sub 7 pace but absolutely crushed.

After a slow journey home, a lot of feeling sorry for myself, a trip to the Offie and Chipper and a painful chick flick. I started to look at things objectively. I had put in sufficient long miles to pace Limerick, hadn't recovered from that when I ran 3:45 in Cork and 8 days after that ran a hard steady state run. My HR was low last night (153bpm) so my body was never taxed, that makes me believe the fitness is still there, I just need the legs to recover so with that in mind it's all easy/recovery miles for me from now on until fully recovered.

In other news I've been selected to pace 4 hours in DCM. :D

Race Link

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭sunflowerRo

You need a dam* good rest and to stop pushing yourself so hard when your body is plainly just tired and in need of snoozes and naps!
    You will have the pleasure of my company for 4 hrs in October so. So I'll need you to carry my phone, my water, change of clothes..... :):)

• Advertisement

Probably not the wisest decision to run this, especially seeing your face at the finish line :( Did you hear that all the cool people were running this or something ;)
    Great about the pacing gig.

Advertisement