Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mr Slow: The Return

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Recovery plus strides?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

RayCun wrote: »
    Recovery plus strides?

Yep, Ecoli used to put a few of those into my training and the fact that I wasn't doing a recovery from a big mileage week/workout it was just to loosen out stiff muscles it makes sense no?:)

I'd have said recovery = recovery and strides go at the end of an easy run, but I won't argue with ecoli :)

I'd have said recovery = recovery and strides go at the end of an easy run, but I won't argue with ecoli :)

I suppose strides aren't really taxing, I do 100m @ 5k pace on a slight gradient with a walk back recovery , just enough to get the legs turning over.

Ah, ok, I do strides at a faster pace - 5 seconds fast running and 10 seconds of sprinting, with maybe a minute jogging recovery in between. They're not really a tough workout, because it's over so soon, but it does put some stress on my legs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Race report????????????

Sure he wasn't racing :)

jcsmum wrote: »
    Race report????????????

:)

Mr Slow wrote: »
    Race report????????????

:)

That's IT, are you kiddin' me?

I met Shaz warmed up ran the first mile at 6:30, second at 6:40, lactic acid, 3rd at 7:05 and the last 200m @ 5:47 pace. Kids as young as my own passed me comfortably and I crossed the finish line in 21:03!

How's that?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I met Shaz warmed up ran the first mile at 6:30, second at 6:40, lactic acid, 3rd at 7:05 and the last 200m @ 5:47 pace. Kids as young as my own passed me comfortably and I crossed the finish line in 21:03!

How's that?

Faster than I'd have done it. :) I was in a heap last night, just as well I couldn't go. :(

Faster than I'd have done it. :) I was in a heap last night, just as well I couldn't go. :(

You'll be better soon boss, defo! ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

You'll be better soon boss, defo! ;)

Over one week of a stomach bug. This f*cker is going nowhere. I still hauled myself out of bed and went for an easy run though. Wondered why it felt so hard then realised I was running sub 8s. That'll do it alright.

Think I'll take a rest day now though. No point going for a fast session with the club when I'm not up to it.

St. James 6.5k next week? :pac:

Over one week of a stomach bug. This f*cker is going nowhere. I still hauled myself out of bed and went for an easy run though. Wondered why it felt so hard then realised I was running sub 8s. That'll do it alright.

Think I'll take a rest day now though. No point going for a fast session with the club when I'm not up to it.

St. James 6.5k next week? :pac:

Next race is the Frank Duffy!

How's that?

'Twill do

'Twill do

Granted it's not even a title by Claralara's standards but the core detail is there! ;)

'Twill do

Granted it's not even a title by Claralara's standards but the core detail is there! ;)

Ah, those long race reports are over-rated. Well done on your time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

How's that?

If Carlsberg did race reports, it wouldn't be yours ;). Epic :D

shazkea wrote: »
    If Carlsberg did race reports, it wouldn't be yours ;). Epic :D

I hereby promise a knicker twisting, toe curling battle saga worthy of the Boards Hall of Fame when I'm 100% and crush that sub 20 minute monkey.:)

5.08 mile recovery average pace 9:05

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

I hereby promise a knicker twisting, toe curling battle saga worthy of the Boards Hall of Fame when I'm 100% and crush that sub 20 minute monkey.:)

Can't wait :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Thats sounds like a hell of a lot of pain even before you run. Are you sure that this isn't the description of a film that was on telly the other night?

chinguetti wrote: »
    Thats sounds like a hell of a lot of pain even before you run. Are you sure that this isn't the description of a film that was on telly the other night?

Maybe it was, Mr Slow: Blood and Sand :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Maybe the knicker twisting is causing your health issues ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

The image of Mr Slow with his knickers twisted:eek:, his toes curled:eek: and a crushed monkey, while trying to run just won't go away.........shed the lot and you'll get the sub 20;)

Younganne wrote: »
    The image of Mr Slow with his knickers twisted:eek:, his toes curled:eek: and a crushed monkey, while trying to run just won't go away.........shed the lot and you'll get the sub 20;)

The tale of the epic battle between me and the clock will have the reader's knickers twisting etc, hello? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

The tale of the epic battle between me and the clock will have the reader's knickers twisting etc, hello? :P

Jeez, lots of knickers twisted there Mr Slow;):p

12 mile LSR this morning with Menoscemo and Chinguetti along the canal, we had a few seasons with the weather but it was nice and warm and any serious rain held off. The undulating ground makes for more effort but it's good training.

I'm feeling the best I've felt in a few months so I'll be keeping it easy this week and creep up and maybe just pass the 30 mile mark for the week.

12 mile LSR this morning with Menoscemo and Chinguetti along the canal, we had a few seasons with the weather but it was nice and warm and any serious rain held off. The undulating ground makes for more effort but it's good training.

I'm feeling the best I've felt in a few months so I'll be keeping it easy this week and creep up and maybe just pass the 30 mile mark for the week.

Glad to hear it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭sunflowerRo

Glad you enjoyed your secret LSR

Advertisement